Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Fortunately we are now headed upward in football and basketball. That will make us an attractive option for the B10. The fact that we have a competent AD and President now is a huge advantage.

Our key selling points are:
1) AAU membership and the top non-medical research school in the country.
2) Football and basketball history and recent success.
3) The most accessible airport in the country making access easy for teams and fans.
4) Additional cable fees for the state of Georgia.
5) Concentration of B10 alumni and fans in the Atlanta area.
6) Location in the heart of the SEC footprint.
7) Visibility to Georgia recruits.

Because of the cesspool and the MS mafia our only hope for the SEC is their desire to keep the B10 out of Atlanta.

Explain to me how the GOR is helping any program in the ACC? Every program is 35 million $ behind the two big dog conferences. At the very least, a restructuring of an agreement would put much more money in every program’s coffers. I don’t know if it moves the needle in Tech’s favor in the short run, but all signs point to just a couple of mega leagues. That has to give Tech a fighting chance. The current ACC structure is so demeaned on every level right now.
And where, exactly, if we dissolve the ACC are we going to make up the revenue stream we have now?

I wonder if I can ever wash the stench off when I lay down in the gutter and pull for the dwags to beat FSU like a rented mule.

WHAT IN THE FLYING öööö IS HAPPENING TO THIS PLACE???????????????? Getting the Goof stain off is harder than we thought. Holy öööö I’m not kidding. Twilight zone. What part of öööö uga is so hard to understand? We don’t ever effing root for them. If Hamas parachutes into Athens, we donate to The Hamas Way. wtf.

true-correct (1).gif

I get that the much larger revenue flowing to Big 10 and SEC schools makes our deal look bad and that the 20 year guarantee of rights makes it almost impossible to move to those more lucrative conferences. However, without the GOR schools like FSU, UNC and Clemson along with a couple of others would be long gone and we might be left out. We would either have to short sell ourselves to the Big 12 or remain with Wake and the Northeastern schools and a couple of others in an ACC that would pay far less than we get today.

I hate FSU but if I get any more reports of someone pulling for uga to beat fsu I’m gonna start increasing the bans from 7 days to a month. You’re Georgia Tech fans, there’s no acceptable scenario where you root for the dwags. Root for a meteor strike if you want but don’t come here posting about rooting for uga.

I hate FSU but if I get any more reports of someone pulling for uga to beat fsu I’m gonna start increasing the bans from 7 days to a month. You’re Georgia Tech fans, there’s no acceptable scenario where you root for the dwags. Root for a meteor strike if you want but don’t come here posting about rooting for uga.
Damn straight Skippy!

Unfortunately I think a lot of us overestimate our value to the wider CFB world. They don't care about history- just fan base size and winning. We are picking a good time to get much better though.
The #4 acc record ended up with the #12 bowl game. We are at an all time low in value. It’s going to take years to break that. Hell, people still ask me if we’re running the option when I mentioned Georgia Tech.

We have more downside than upside in conference realignment. Falling to a G5 could be the end of us (our debt load + 90% reduction in TV payout would be untenable). Even the XII is a downgrade (same payout with geographically less desirable competition). The SEC doesn’t need or want us, so you’d have to pray for the B1G, which feels less than likely.

Back