Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

Let’s imagine a world where we went to the Big Ten East instead of Rutgers. Our divisional games would’ve been Ohio State, PSU, Michigan, Maryland, Michigan State, and Indiana. Those are some cool games.
Maryland is a cool game? LOL been there done that. And Indiana? Seriously?

SOME. And going to DC is a fun road trip with some education on the side.
nerds-mad.gif

Maryland is a cool game? LOL been there done that. And Indiana? Seriously?
Taking geography out of the equation, it's not like middling ACC schools are any more exciting than those. The only thing that makes UNC or NC State "cooler" than those schools for us is that they're closer. BC and Syracuse and Pitt aren't really any closer and don't even have the advantage of geography. In fact, I'd say most fans in other parts of the country would find all the middling ACC schools I just mentioned equivalently "cool" to those B1G schools.

Now, obviously, geography's not nothing. It's basically the reason GT wasn't interested a decade ago. I just wanted to point out that the "cool" factor isn't really a separate issue from geography when it comes to judging the middling schools in each conference.

You do realize USC was on the doorstep of the CFP in 2022, right? Caleb Williams injury in the P12 Championship game ended that. That said, Lincoln Riley has a lot to prove next year which won’t be easy in the new B1G with the amount USC is losing to the Draft and Portal. Riley better fix what’s broken from the Portal over the next few months.

UCLA needs the B1G influx of $$$. Chip Kelly has been vocal about UCLA‘s issues compared to Oregon, USC, etc. But they have sort of been stabilized with an 8,9,8 win seasons now.
@BeeStorm he’s USCw.

Back