Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

We are so ded.

:scared:

Screenshot_20231230-221506~2.png

So FSU had 20+ opt outs and UGA had 0 (zero) opt outs according to ESPN.

"People need to see what happened tonight, and they need to fix this," Smart said, lamenting the flood of opt-outs and portal entries on teams playing in non-playoff bowl games. "It needs to be fixed. It's very unfortunate that they have a good football team and a good football program, and they're in the position they're in."

"You can say it's their fault and they have to solve their own problem," Smart said. "We had our guys, and they didn't have their guys. College football has to decide what they want. I know things are changing. But there's still going to be bowl games outside of those. People need to decide what they want and what they want to get out of it, because it's really unfortunate for those kids on that sideline that had to play in that game and didn't have their full arsenal. And it affected the game, 100 percent."

The dichotomy between the "college" and NFL games that were showed back to back is very telling of where each league stands.

FSU/Ugag was a joke and will be a ratings disaster. ESPN might have to pay back some of the advertisers who bought ads during the game b/c no one watches games like this. The bidding for the expanded playoff broadcasting rights could also be a joke b/c no network is going to pay big money for this.

On the other hand, the NFL had a competitive game that was far more than compelling and was decided at the very end. I found myself watching the post game coverage too just to figure out what happened and see the media interviews. I am sure millions of others were too. This week's sports coverage will ignore the junk game for the controversial NFL game as it should.

TL;DR: Competitive leagues are the best product and "college" football may never recover from the state that it is in.

UGA players were paid big dolores to play in the game.

This is correct. The simplest explanation is almost always the correct explanation. FSU does not have the buying power of Ugag.
So Great Clips said this post game:

Take from that what you will..

So Great Clips said this post game:

Take from that what you will..
Kirby is going to lament being born when we get done with him next November.

What a weird definition of opt out. To not include portal players in that bucket is strange to say the least.

So the proof that FSU wasn't crippled is that neither team was the real team that was there for the entire season? People keep getting dumber.

So the proof that FSU wasn't crippled is that neither team was the real team that was there for the entire season? People keep getting dumber.
The proof tonight showed is that FSU is a öööö program with an even öööötier front running culture.

FSU and Miami are now officially both garbage, unredeemable football programs infested with an overinflated sense of value along with delusions of grandeur their positioning within the sport.

FSU can’t be taken seriously. They quit when they didn’t get their way. UGA played for their teammates and program while FSU was all about “me”.

also quit saying you’re a blue blood & you can compete in the BIG or SEC if your back ups suck & you use that as an excuse why you lose. The real blue bloods of the sport just reload when one man goes down. öööö FSU

Back