Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

As much as I'm supposed to hate on UGA, at least they're players showed up to play.
I wonder if there’s a clause in the NIL contracts requiring them to play in all games where they are medically cleared.

I wonder if there’s a clause in the NIL contracts requiring them to play in all games where they are medically cleared.
This (or some variation of it) is the most likely answer.

Oh is this the new uga circle jerk thread now? Hard to keep up these days.
öööö uga and all the players that opt in to wear that hideous uniform. F all their players that opted out because at one point they were opted in. I don’t give a öööö about their nil and how whiny kurby is. öööö him too.

öööö uga and all the players that opt in to wear that hideous uniform. F all their players that opted out because at one point they were opted in. I don’t give a öööö about their nil and how whiny kurby is. öööö him too.
So a circle jerk is bad, but you wanting to öööö Kirby is a sign you're a better GT fan?

Say what you want about the mutts but they do the football good. I wished they played as stupidly as their dumbass fans think they play because we'd kick their asses. As far as I recollect, they have never quit like these FSU ööööers.

So while I can give them props for not quitting and busting their asses, that doesn't mean I want to give them a hand-shandy. Because öööö em, that's why.

ESPN payed UGA players to play.
Based on the I know a guy who knows people and he said.....

...should be fairly easy to find this out, if true. It is fun trolling the FSU "we are going to destroy Georgia Tech" reddit. öööö FSU.

Screenshot_20231231-085728~2.png

Screenshot_20231231-085514~2.png

ESPN payed UGA players to play.

Any source or even legitimate news site reporting an anonymous source? That seems like a gigantic risk for ESPN to take with no benefit to them.

Gigantic risk because it would be concrete evidence of them directly manipulating on field results in clear violation of NCAA rules. That's pretty much the only way they get in trouble as a result of this whole debacle.

No benefit to them because the game being such a farce has drawn even more negative attention to them, lowered ratings, and may result in them needing to pay back advertisers.

It would have been much better for ESPN if more of U[sic]GA's players did opt out and they beat FSU by a less-historic (but no doubt still comfortable) margin.

Any source or even legitimate news site reporting an anonymous source? That seems like a gigantic risk for ESPN to take with no benefit to them.

Gigantic risk because it would be concrete evidence of them directly manipulating on field results in clear violation of NCAA rules. That's pretty much the only way they get in trouble as a result of this whole debacle.

No benefit to them because the game being such a farce has drawn even more negative attention to them, lowered ratings, and may result in them needing to pay back advertisers.

It would have been much better for ESPN if more of U[sic]GA's players did opt out and they beat FSU by a less-historic (but no doubt still comfortable) margin.

I don't know of a legit source; but eventually a UGA player will talk if it actually happened. The fact no UGA players opted out makes me very suspicious.

However, ESPN paying NIL to players is no risk to them with the NCAA. I don't even know why you would think that. Second, it would benefit ESPN because they want to protect their SEC product, which is how Bama got into the playoffs in the first place. Third, ESPN would have been taking a big risk having UGA players opt out and potentially having a FSU win, that would have not only exposed the playoff committee further; but potentially damaged the SEC product.

I don't know of a legit source; but eventually a UGA player will talk if it actually happened. The fact no UGA players opted out makes me very suspicious.

However, ESPN paying NIL to players is no risk to them with the NCAA. I don't even know why you would think that. Second, it would benefit ESPN because they want to protect their SEC product, which is how Bama got into the playoffs in the first place. Third, ESPN would have been taking a big risk having UGA players opt out and potentially having a FSU win, that would have not only exposed the playoff committee further; but potentially damaged the SEC product.
UGA did have players opt out.

UGA had opt outs, too.

That storyline needs to die.

Tying NIL money to participating in games is pretty much the only type of NIL that is actually against NIL rules and the only type of NIL we don't see.

And ESPN directly paying one broadcast partner's players to ensure they win a game against another of their broadcast partner's players is about the worst type of pay-for-play I can imagine.

It would probably give FSU what they need to dissolve the GoR without penalty and possibly even allow the ACC to win damages. It would basically justify every crazy ESPN conspiracy theory fans have come up with over the past couple years.

Tying NIL money to participating in games is pretty much the only type of NIL that is actually against NIL rules and the only type of NIL we don't see.

And ESPN directly paying one broadcast partner's players to ensure they win a game against another of their broadcast partner's players is about the worst type of pay-for-play I can imagine.

It would probably give FSU what they need to dissolve the GoR without penalty and possibly even allow the ACC to win damages. It would basically justify every crazy ESPN conspiracy theory fans have come up with over the past couple years.
Here's the thing. I don't care if FSU leaves. Bye bitch. You signed a contract. Pay us our money, you weasels

Here's the thing. I don't care if FSU leaves. Bye bitch. You signed a contract. Pay us our money, you weasels

If ESPN literally pays SEC players in violation of NCAA rules specifically to ensure they beat ACC teams, my guess is FSU (and any other ACC team) would be able to leave without paying any money.

I'm not a lawyer, but that feels like something that would violate some sort of good faith clause in the broadcast contract.

If ESPN literally pays SEC players in violation of NCAA rules specifically to ensure they beat ACC teams, my guess is FSU (and any other ACC team) would be able to leave without paying any money.

I'm not a lawyer, but that feels like something that would violate some sort of good faith clause in the broadcast contract.
The GOR is with the conference though, not ESPN. The conference used their stewardship of the TV rights to sell them to ESPN via broadcast contract.

The GOR is with the conference though, not ESPN. The conference used their stewardship of the TV rights to sell them to ESPN via broadcast contract.

Yeah, that is true. There's a ton of factors at play and it would pretty much be uncharted territory.

Yeah, that is true. There's a ton of factors at play and it would pretty much be uncharted territory.
Though there could still be some form of out or at least earlier end to it cause I think someone somewhere else in one of these threads showed that the extension to 2036 was partly at ESPN's behest with the new contract.

Back