Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

If ESPN literally pays SEC players in violation of NCAA rules specifically to ensure they beat ACC teams, my guess is FSU (and any other ACC team) would be able to leave without paying any money.

I'm not a lawyer, but that feels like something that would violate some sort of good faith clause in the broadcast contract.
There is literally no proof of that outside of some guy that we don't know saying another guy we don't know knows something about it because he supposedly knows someone at UGAg.

I would have respected FSU more if their players released a statement like the below just before the game and then refused to play:

A few weeks ago, a boardroom of administrators decided that a 13 game undefeated season and major conference championship meant nothing. That statement by the committee translates to the Orange Bowl as well. It means nothing, and we, as a team, refuse to play it and allow boardrooms of administrators like the college football playoff committee and ESPN to profit from our efforts.

FSU can’t be taken seriously. They quit when they didn’t get their way. UGA played for their teammates and program while FSU was all about “me”.

also quit saying you’re a blue blood & you can compete in the BIG or SEC if your back ups suck & you use that as an excuse why you lose. The real blue bloods of the sport just reload when one man goes down. öööö FSU
This is exactly correct. UGA was able to motivate their players to play just by pushing the theme that a win would result in their senior class being the first in school history to win 50 games and the idea that these guys want to play together one more time. FSU couldn’t even get their players to show up with the prospect of finishing an undefeated season and proving that you belong on that stage. By the way, neither the AP or coaches poll have any obligation to vote the way the playoffs go so they both could have voted FSU #1….especially if Bama or Texas with the CFP. I don’t understand how FSU did not push those themes to get players to show up for each other and the program unless they didn’t believe they had a chance so wanted the excuse of opt outs.

I would have respected FSU more if their players released a statement like the below just before the game and then refused to play:

A few weeks ago, a boardroom of administrators decided that a 13 game undefeated season and major conference championship meant nothing. That statement by the committee translates to the Orange Bowl as well. It means nothing, and we, as a team, refuse to play it and allow boardrooms of administrators like the college football playoff committee and ESPN to profit from our efforts.
Why do that when you can humiliate yourself, devalue your football team, and undermine the case that you were wronged?

Why do that when you can humiliate yourself, devalue your football team, and undermine the case that you were wronged?
Because playing that game was so much better?

creating chaos for espn and (since espn is a “journalism” outlet) forcing them to read that statement as part of their reporting would have been awesome. You ööööed us, now it’s our turn to öööö you.

(I misread your post the first time)

I wonder if there’s a clause in the NIL contracts requiring them to play in all games where they are medically cleared.
NIL contracts need to be set up on a weighted scale in which the 14th game you are available for is worth 14 times as
much as the first game you are available for and so on through the games of the season. To achieve maximum NIL
you would need to be available for all games.
The true value of your likeness is effected by your participation in games.

The two situations are not comparable. UGA lost. They knew what the SECCG meant. They had no real reason to feel snubbed by the CFP committee. FSU suffered an unprecedented wrong. The psyche and motivation hit is not comparable.

also on the paid players front, why couldn’t ESPN pay players to play if their business is broadcasting an exhibition game? It’s an odd gray area. It would be similar to someone claiming the UGA team is going to play an exhibition game outside their car dealership. Is that paying them to play?

The two situations are not comparable. UGA lost. They knew what the SECCG meant. They had no real reason to feel snubbed by the CFP committee. FSU suffered an unprecedented wrong. The psyche and motivation hit is not comparable.

also on the paid players front, why couldn’t ESPN pay players to play if their business is broadcasting an exhibition game? It’s an odd gray area. It would be similar to someone claiming the UGA team is going to play an exhibition game outside their car dealership. Is that paying them to play?

It's not really a grey area, bowl games may be exhibitions in some sense but they're still real games recognized by the NCAA. Otherwise Reggie would have been able to play in the Gator Bowl even though NCAA rules said he was ineligible.

Tying NIL money to participating in games is pretty much the only type of NIL that is actually against NIL rules and the only type of NIL we don't see.

And ESPN directly paying one broadcast partner's players to ensure they win a game against another of their broadcast partner's players is about the worst type of pay-for-play I can imagine.

It would probably give FSU what they need to dissolve the GoR without penalty and possibly even allow the ACC to win damages. It would basically justify every crazy ESPN conspiracy theory fans have come up with over the past couple years.

What pray tell do you think the NCAA would due to ESPN?? Even if the NCAA could prove that is what happened, which it won't be able to, they have no way of penalizing ESPN.

What makes you think it would influence the ACC GOR in any way?

Maybe UGA is that much better than FSU - so if those guys who opted out had played, it would have been 56-17. UGA was motivated because they lost for the first time in 30 games. 31-23 looks pretty good now.

UGA had opt outs, too.

That storyline needs to die.

Here is the story line from 2 days ago:

By comparison, Georgia hasn't had any players officially opt out at this point. Brock Bowers and Amarius Mims didn't travel with the team to Miami earlier this week, as both players have been dealing with ankle injuries throughout the season.

It was one of those games where a meteor strike would have been more favorable. I don’t give a öööö about fsu. I rooted for them until it got out of hand. Then I watched to see how bad it was gonna get. But I’m not gonna cry about them getting embarrassed on national tv.
I turned it off - watching UGA beat anybody that bad, even FSU, I can't watch. Plus it jst got boring. Wouldn't you have loved to be an FSU fan that paid money on travel, tickets, and hotel rooms for that - wonderful. I guess they had a good time in Miami or South Beach but ...........

I turned it off - watching UGA beat anybody that bad, even FSU, I can't watch. Plus it jst got boring. Wouldn't you have loved to be an FSU fan that paid money on travel, tickets, and hotel rooms for that - wonderful. I guess they had a good time in Miami or South Beach but ...........
We didn’t really watch either. We were having our Stingtalk staff New Year’s party and taking shots of sake and drinking champagne. The game was just background noise.

We didn’t really watch either. We were having our Stingtalk staff New Year’s party and taking shots of sake and drinking champagne. The game was just background noise.
I went to Waffle House after the first Gagger TD. FSU already looked to be Clownesque quitting

How many of the dwag players were starters?
Who cares? Depth matters.

Both of these are true statements.

FSU is a trash program with a öööö culture.
UGA doesn’t have some secret sauce that makes them immune to players quitting mid season like the media is spreading.

Back