Catchall FSU Gone/Snubbed/White Knighting Thread

What pray tell do you think the NCAA would due to ESPN?? Even if the NCAA could prove that is what happened, which it won't be able to, they have no way of penalizing ESPN.

What makes you think it would influence the ACC GOR in any way?
If (big IF) that actually did happen, it wouldn't be the NCAA that would do something to ESPN, it would be the ACC. NCAA could suspend the players involved though.

Who cares? Depth matters.

Both of these are true statements.

FSU is a trash program with a öööö culture.
UGA doesn’t have some secret sauce that makes them immune to players quitting mid season like the media is spreading.

Bingo. Both teams were down a lot of players, starters and otherwise, and all of their remaining players were scholarship athletes.

Honestly WGAF? Why do some of you continue ranting about a freaking meaningless bowl game as it relates to opt outs? Both teams had opt outs (not sure why some posters thought UGA had their entire team). Reality is, depth was a significant disparity between the 2 teams.

That said, the game yesterday has zero impact on week 0 8/24/24 in Ireland. The FSU team who played yesterday will not be the even close to the one in Ireland. QB, RB, WR’s and DL will look a whole lot different for FSU. Just like the overall D for GT will look a lot different on the field and on the sidelines.

Who cares? Depth matters.

Both of these are true statements.

FSU is a trash program with a öööö culture.
UGA doesn’t have some secret sauce that makes them immune to players quitting mid season like the media is spreading.
So if the UGA players who opted out were third stringers who are transferring because they never get to play, that’s the same as FSUs starters opting out? Is that the point you’re making?

Because if someone already knew it would save me the work, dumbass.
Then stop being lazy and read the tweet in the post you responded to in the first place. It’s pretty clear how many starters on offense alone weren’t playing.

So if the UGA players who opted out were third stringers who are transferring because they never get to play, that’s the same as FSUs starters opting out? Is that the point you’re making?

You’re giving FSU an excuse for losing by 60.

(The ‘22 Jackets against a full strength UGA national champion in a rivalry game with our 3rd string QB and against every motivation to kick our dicks in the dirt didn’t do that.)

You’re giving UGA credit.

None of which either deserves. öööö ‘em both.

What’s your point anyway?

Then stop being lazy and read the tweet in the post you responded to in the first place. It’s pretty clear how many starters on offense alone weren’t playing.
Go öööö yourself. If you don’t want to answer the question just shut up.

You’re giving FSU an excuse for losing by 60.

(The ‘22 Jackets against a full strength UGA national champion in a rivalry game with our 3rd string QB and against every motivation to kick our dicks in the dirt didn’t do that.)

You’re giving UGA credit.

None of which either deserves. öööö ‘em both.

What’s your point anyway?
The main point is that anyone who watched that game is an idiot. What a monumental waste of time.

Bowl games have jumped the shark. I’ll watch the playoffs because I’m pretty sure the players will all play. And I’ll watch a GT bowl game. The rest are useless.

I have no clue why ESPN acts like every one of those transfer players didn’t “opt out.”

Because most of those transfer players didn't opt out. :dunno:

Georgia was impacted with a few notable players missing the game, including Brock Bowers, offensive tackle Amarius Mims and wide receiver RaRa Thomas. However, all those players — and the remaining absences — were listed out due to either injuries or transfer. There were no players officially listed as having opted out.

You guys seem to be safety wired to stupid on this despite a variety of sources including Kirby Smart.

Unlike their opponent in the Orange Bowl, the Georgia Bulldogs are likely going to have most of their roster available to play on Saturday.
Speaking to reporters ahead of a matchup with Florida State, head coach Kirby Smart was asked about the lack of opt-outs from his team:
"The leaders of the team spearheaded that. I stayed out of it. I met with each player who was draft eligible and the seniors, and I was very honest. Then they had to make a decision with their family. But they want to go out on top. They don't want their last Georgia outing to be the SEC championship."

bleacherreport.com/articles/10102897-georgias-kirby-smart-on-lack-of-orange-bowl-opt-outs-they-want-to-go-out-on-top

You guys seem to be safety wired to stupid on this despite a variety of sources including Kirby Smart.

bleacherreport.com/articles/10102897-georgias-kirby-smart-on-lack-of-orange-bowl-opt-outs-they-want-to-go-out-on-top
You really are going down hard on UGAg's knob to make a point.

They didn't beat us that bad in 2022 when we were practically out of QB's and led them for a bit in the first half and it was close at half. You need to jump off making excuses for FSU, because FSU can go straight to hell, and climb up off of Kirby's cock already.

FSU has NO excuse. Every scholarship player on that ööööing field was most likely highly rated. FSU ööööing quit. They are POS's. Kirby ööööing sucks, but Mims and that douchebag TE didn't play and that is tow of UGAgs very best players. So what? öööö them.

We didn’t really watch either. We were having our Stingtalk staff New Year’s party and taking shots of sake and drinking champagne. The game was just background noise.
If I drink one more saké, I'm going to start banning dwag sympathizers with the cold steel of a katana.

It was an awesome party and don't want to come across as unappreciative - but when I see "fusion cuisine" on the invitation, White Castle, Moonpies and Sake ain't exactly what I figured Beestorm had in mind.

Your and his definition of opt out is ööööing stupid.

That is all.

It's weird that players who have opted out of playing because they are planning to transfer and don't want to risk injury are not considered opt outs.

It's weird that players who have opted out of playing because they are planning to transfer and don't want to risk injury are not considered opt outs.

Because they didn't opt out. How dense are you? UGA had players who declared for the NFL draft and the portal make the trip to the game. And yes, you can declare for the draft and still play in the bowl game apparently. I guess they just had to delay signing with an agent?

Says the guy who thinks FSU's 3rd string should have beat UGA because they are on scholarship. That has got to be one of the dumbest arguments that has been used on here in a while.
FSU is a team of quitters. That is all.

You really are going down hard on UGAg's knob to make a point.

They didn't beat us that bad in 2022 when we were practically out of QB's and led them for a bit in the first half and it was close at half. You need to jump off making excuses for FSU, because FSU can go straight to hell, and climb up off of Kirby's cock already.

FSU has NO excuse. Every scholarship player on that ööööing field was most likely highly rated. FSU ööööing quit. They are POS's. Kirby ööööing sucks, but Mims and that douchebag TE didn't play and that is tow of UGAgs very best players. So what? öööö them.

Of course FSU quit. I don't think anyone is seriously arguing that FSU was all in on this bowl game except the ones arguing that FSU's 3rd string should have won the game. :crazy:

UGA beat us this bad in 2019, 2020, and 2021 when we were at full strength. I guess we should have pulled all our starters and beat them with the freshmen we had on scholarship because the clown had such a highly rated recruiting class.

Stop tripling and quadrupling down on stupid.

Back