CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

ive said it before. one day they will combine all these ööööing apps in to one app. you will pay a monthly price based on how many channels you want.

the app will be called Basic Cable.

a la carte plan or GTFO

a la carte plan or GTFO
So I have Prime. And I put a lot of stuff in "My list" for whenever all my clients figure out my checkered past and I all the sudden have all this extra time.

The other day, in Prime's daily attempt to shove content down my throat, I noticed that "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once" was "available." I had a few min so figured I'd give it a go but when I clicked on it, [fast forward to the important part], I had to pay extra on top of the already extra I am paying for 37 different dumb services like Hulu, Brit Box, Peacock, JJcock, StinGTalk moms, On Demand, etc.

So, I politely declined to cough up an extra $10 because I have a ton of other stuff in "My List" that I presumably have already paid for.

Then, this past weekend, it showed up again in the "Open Wide - not your mouth, stupid, your Wallet" list but this time, there was no extra charge. So I started watching it till I realized it was "Monty Python meets Michio Kaku in the Multi-verse" but the point is what happened? How did it go from PPV to Included In Subscription in so little time?

I have a lot to learn about these streaming services.

I bet there is a PPV documentary that would tell me What The Streaming Services Don't Want You To Know but not sure how long I have to wait before its "included" in my VICE package.

On3.com post Spring ACC rankings. GT comes in #8 behind #7 SMU, but ahead of UNC #9.

1. FSU
2. Clemson
3. Miami
4. NCSU
5. UofL
6. VT (not sure I understand the hype. They played a relatively weak schedule last year, and have some interesting OOC losable games this year against Marshall, ODU and Rutgers. I think they’ll handle Vandy).
7. SMU
8. GT

“The spring was all about defensive improvement for a Yellow Jackets unit that ranked last in the ACC in 2023. Former Duke defensive coordinator Tyler Santucciimplemented six newcomers from the winter window, and then Ga. Tech added another five defensive transfers in the spring — headlined by USC pass rusher Romello Height, Cincy safety Jayden Davis and Penn State lineman Jordan van den Berg (all Peach State natives coming home). The Yellow Jackets should have one of the better offenses in the conference with quarterback Haynes King (led ACC in touchdowns), 1,000-yard rusher Jamal Haynes and their top three receivers all back.”

I don't get the hype for SMU. They went 0-3 against P5 opponents last year. Losing by at least two scores in each.

It likely has something to do with Craig James and hookers.
Craig James in that iconic old school Patriots uniform tho
1000000205.jpg

I don't get the hype for SMU. They went 0-3 against P5 opponents last year. Losing by at least two scores in each.
I think it’s based on what they have added in the Portal. SMU is definitely an interesting team to watch this year. No one can deny the oil $$$ flowing (literally) into that program.

Now they can indeed buy players……

I think it’s based on what they have added in the Portal. SMU is definitely an interesting team to watch this year. No one can deny the oil $$$ flowing (literally) into that program.

Now they can indeed buy players……
Not in the top25 of list in improvent via portal according to Espn+

Teams that are on the list (relevant to GaTech):
#4 miami
#11 fsu
#12 georgia
#13 NC state
#15 Louisville
#20 Notre dame
#22 Syracuse
#25 cal

So 7 of our 2024 opponents are on the list of top25 to have improved via portal :scared:

#4 miami
#11 fsu
#12 georgia
#13 NC state
#15 Louisville
#20 Notre dame
#22 Syracuse
#25 cal

So 7 of our 2024 opponents are on the list of top25 to have improved via portal :scared:
I note on your list there are no Eurotrash Kickball teams as well.

#4 miami
#11 fsu
#12 georgia
#13 NC state
#15 Louisville
#20 Notre dame
#22 Syracuse
#25 cal

ESPN does not really fund much into their recruiting coverage, so keep that in mind. On3, Rivals and 247 are generally better options. Add in Mikefarrellsports.com.

Overall debate on how many teams the ACC / B12 can get annually.

“The ACC has not produced more than one good team most years,” said Staples, noting that “2020 was the outlier, because Notre Dame was playing as an ACC team.” But when it comes to your typical longstanding ACC programs, most just haven’t been in the national discussion very often. “From 2017 to now, the ACC would have only gotten one team in per year. That’s just not going to get it done. This year, I do think they’re deeper at the top than they’ve been in a while.”

Hard to argue against that. The ACC tends to have some teams high in the rankings lately heading into November (UofL, UNC come to mind) only to crash and burn down the stretch. Should be an interesting year with the usual Miami hype added into the conversation.

ESPN does not really fund much into their recruiting coverage, so keep that in mind. On3, Rivals and 247 are generally better options. Add in Mikefarrellsports.com.
Gotcha, I was just sharing cuz not everyone can get that article cuz it's espn+ only
Don't know these guys that authored that piece, Craig Haubert and Billy Tucker

Gotcha, I was just sharing cuz not everyone can get that article cuz it's espn+ only
Don't know these guys that authored that piece, Craig Haubert and Billy Tucker
Yeah. I have the ESPN+ deal as well with Hulu, and do look at their recruiting rankings from time to time, but it seems they have really geared down on coverage and budget the last few years. They don’t update their rankings by player or school too often. With the evolution of the Portal, it seems that will eventually be what the services focus on more so than HS.

Back