CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

i think the 3,2,1 format would have been a good move - however didn't like the auto byes for sec and big 10 - i guess one was dependent on the other?
Why would that be good? You think the #3 team in SEC and B1G is better than the #3 team in ACC every year?

Why would that be good? You think the #3 team in SEC and B1G is better than the #3 team in ACC every year?
Historically, yes. Just look at the final records and rankings over the last decade between the 3 conferences. On average the B1G, sec have 4 10+ win teams, ACC averages 2. Obviously the ACC has had 3 (2014, 2015, 2016) and the B1G and sec have had less than 4, but they’ve had years with 5. So it then comes down to CFP rankings when the ACC has 3 vs the now even bigger leagues who may have 5-6 10+ win teams going forward.

It’s crazy to me that a conference is seen as basically equivalent to one that just lost its 2 MAJOR factors in football. Despite being in the National Title hunt every year and having a contractual agreement with ND. Insane really. But goes hand in hand with the insane treatment of FSU this past season. Media narrative has really taken hold.

It’s crazy to me that a conference is seen as basically equivalent to one that just lost its 2 MAJOR factors in football. Despite being in the National Title hunt every year and having a contractual agreement with ND. Insane really. But goes hand in hand with the insane treatment of FSU this past season.
almost as insane as a 100 + year old conference imploding over night. Pac12. its maddening.

Contraction is the name of the game for the ACC. Keep the ND contract. Drop back to 9 east coastish teams. ND would be a home game every 3 years.

Here is your new acc. I bet the TV money wouldn’t shrink a dime, but the split is 9 ways.

FSU, Clem, Miami, UNC, NCSt, VT, Pitt, UL, GT

Wake, Duke, Cuse, Stan, Cal, SMU, BC can form their own conference. They can add OSU and WSU.
Shoot, I’d take a roll back to 2003. That’s 11 teams? Subtract Maryland and that’s a solid 10 team regional conference in which schools play play each other once a year in football and twice a year in basketball.

Unfortunately that’s likely never going to happen

Can we get a running list of all the StinGTalk posters who did not want to join the Big 10 during the CPJ era? Between this and Clown, we need to start scarlet lettering people.

Can we get a running list of all the StinGTalk posters who did not want to join the Big 10 during the CPJ era? Between this and Clown, we need to start scarlet lettering people.
Nobody can predict the future so the people that sit around and say I told you so become quite tiresome.

Oh look, I found a douchebag

Nobody can predict the future so the people that sit around and say I told you so become quite tiresome.
for me personally I think we just fit the culture of the Big Ten better than the ACC. I wasn’t necessarily thinking the Big Ten would become the financial juggernaut it is now, but they were clearly more strategic and proactive vs the reactive ACC at that time.

a971d86db0b8a4824a666883ebf565dc-1873016191.jpeg

I don't think it's shouting, I think he imagines thread titles as newspaper headlines like DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN

and they (SECB10) will literally take their football and go home if they dont get everything they want. its like dealing with a bratty toddler.
Not it’s not. It’s like dealing with smart business people who worked tirelessly over a long span of years to get the leverage needed to be able to say “my way or the highway”. The ACC and GT are not victims. We simply didn’t put in the work to be in a leveraged position so now we are having to accept the table scraps. This is the real world. The ACC will go the way if the southwest conference. I don’t recall the ACC stepping in and protecting that conference or the Big East. It’s business and the ACC took the path of KMart while others took the path of Wal Mart. It’s actually a beautiful case study of how not to run a conference.

and they (SECB10) will literally take their football and go home if they dont get everything they want. its like dealing with a bratty toddler.
How exactly? The B1G / sec expanded with football first in mind. The ACC expanded with hoops in mind. Were you complaining back in the early 2000’s when the ACC killed the Big East? Were you in favor of the GT going to the B1G around 2014? Had GT made that move, none of this would matter. GT would be getting 2x the $$$.

Real issue is the ACC was not proactive in the latest realm of conference expansion and is on life support with the pending exit of FSU followed by Clemson. ACC could have added UCF, WVU instead of Stanford, Cal. I don’t really have a problem adding SMU, but the ACC trying to pretend it’s all about academic integrity is a joke at this point.

None of the additions to the ACC can compete with Texas, OU, USC, Oregon, UW, UCLA.

So with those brands added to already much better leagues over the ACC before expansion, they have all the control to how the next CFP format is setup. Whether fair or not, the ACC / B12 have to accept it or lose out on $$$. But let’s face it, does it really matter in 5 years? The ACC will no longer be around for football minimum.

How exactly? The B1G / sec expanded with football first in mind. The ACC expanded with hoops in mind. Were you complaining back in the early 2000’s when the ACC killed the Big East? Were you in favor of the GT going to the B1G around 2014? Had GT made that move, none of this would matter. GT would be getting 2x the $$$.

Real issue is the ACC was not proactive in the latest realm of conference expansion and is on life support with the pending exit of FSU followed by Clemson. ACC could have added UCF, WVU instead of Stanford, Cal. I don’t really have a problem adding SMU, but the ACC trying to pretend it’s all about academic integrity is a joke at this point.

None of the additions to the ACC can compete with Texas, OU, USC, Oregon, UW, UCLA.

So with those brands added to already much better leagues over the ACC before expansion, they have all the control to how the next CFP format is setup. Whether fair or not, the ACC / B12 have to accept it or lose out on $$$. But let’s face it, does it really matter in 5 years? The ACC will no longer be around for football minimum.
tl,dr

SEC bunch of greedy brats. i will die on that hill.

Back