CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

Didn't read throughout, but page 5 made me interpret that we just suck

People missed where ND publicly pushed for Stanford and Cal this past summer? Sounds to me like the Irish want the ACC to remain a viable home for their Olympic sports.

FSU and Clemson have deciddd to go the irritant route. I would think that ND wants to keep its clean image. Also they are national program and don’t want to lose regions. So by bringing in the new three, if a few depart then the ACC survives which is good for ND either way.

I thought the NCAA tournament already paid out based on wins?
For the 13th time, the ACC puts 4 teams into the Sweet 16!

No other conference has done it more than 5 times.
All other conferences have done it 19 times combined.

I think what is going to happen is that the ACC/ BE/XII will lobby for the new Extension (8.8B form 2025-32) to keep the same format but the ACC might get more piece of the pie... very similar to CFB Playoff greed, however the ACC would get

For Example:

Based on how many teams they have in the field and the estimated amount of money they are already guaranteed in 2024:

• Big 12: 8 bids, $16 million.
  • SEC: 8 bids, $16 million.
  • Big Ten: 6 bids, $12 million.
  • Mountain West: 6 bids, $12 million.
  • ACC: 5 bids, $10 million.
  • Pac-12: 4 bids, $8 million.
  • Big East: 3 bids, $6 million.
  • American: 2 bids, $4 million.
  • Atlantic 10: 2 bids, $4 million.
  • WCC: 2 bids, $4 million.
The remaining 22 conferences are guaranteed $2 million

Well since the ACC is the Biggest and Baddest MBB conf they will get 4M-6M per School while everyone else get 2M and the other 2 confs will get just 1M.

Not official, but I know Commish Jim Phillips & BE/XII are laying the gauntlet down with this new Unequal revenue sharing that the P4 started with CFB Playoffs

People missed where ND publicly pushed for Stanford and Cal this past summer? Sounds to me like the Irish want the ACC to remain a viable home for their Olympic sports.

They want someone who will bend over backwards for them, which your statement could be taken as evidence of. They'll stick with the ACC as long as it's convenient for them to do so and drop it the second it isn't.

They want someone who will bend over backwards for them, which your statement could be taken as evidence of. They'll stick with the ACC as long as it's convenient for them to do so and drop it the second it isn't.
who wouldn't?

c5b95cb7de2069ff48bdfc8ab89c138c-713753576.jpeg

Back