CATCHALL GTFLETCH COLLEGE FOOTBALL NEWS THREAD

Fanning Center2.jpg

The Fanning Center ( Named for alumnus Thomas Fanning, a $85 million project) is expected to be completed in 2026. Demolition of the Edge Center has not yet begun, although work to clear and prep the interior of that building has been well underway.

Hard to believe we're #19 overall, second in the ACC, and #7 in terms of %. I get that we're paying an extra football coach and basketball coach, plus there's been a commitment to fund football better, but that can't be more than $10M. We haven't done much to infrastructure...yet. Where is the rest of that?

Hard to believe we're #19 overall, second in the ACC, and #7 in terms of %. I get that we're paying an extra football coach and basketball coach, plus there's been a commitment to fund football better, but that can't be more than $10M. We haven't done much to infrastructure...yet. Where is the rest of that?
Isn't that just increase? Other ACC schools may already have been spending more so the increase wouldn't be as much.

Isn't that just increase? Other ACC schools may already have been spending more so the increase wouldn't be as much.
I think the takeaway (at least my takeaway) is that we are closing the budget gap. It was (and maybe still is) pretty big but this is excellent news and I hope it continues. I'll go out on a limb and suggest if the graph were converted to percentage increase, we'd be a lot closer to the top.

Upon closer inspection, I see the percentages at the bottom and it appears we are #7.

I think the takeaway (at least my takeaway) is that we are closing the budget gap. It was (and maybe still is) pretty big but this is excellent news and I hope it continues. I'll go out on a limb and suggest if the graph were converted to percentage increase, we'd be a lot closer to the top.

Upon closer inspection, I see the percentages at the bottom and it appears we are #7.
We gotta do something to appeal to the Big10. Being in Atlanta with a good program and nice facilities is our way.

Yeah, it is just the increase. That was my point. What did they spend an extra $36M on?

Yeah, it is just the increase. That was my point. What did they spend an extra $36M on?
The total budget includes everything from coaching salaries to paying off deadbeat losers that we fired and took their clown cell phones to capital improvements. And its over 4 years so avg of 9M/yr. Not a lot when you get right down to it.

All the smart Tech fans who wanted to play Syracuse and Louisville instead of Purdue and Minnesota … are you getting it now, or not yet still?
Aren't all those basically the same team. Gross...

If we don't get into the BIG10 or SEC, at this point, there is no reason for making any major changes to BDS.

I know this is blasphemy, but I'd like to see BDS rebuilt entirely
If we don’t get into the Big 2, I think the stadium will shrink.

Back