Catchall Stadium Bitching Thread

No. As you say, it’s been around forever. Especially in the band. It’s done for the same reason they changed that one cheer the cheerleaders used to do to “TD we want a table dance.” Most guys I know like more college talent around, not less. It’s not that hard to figure out, people. :dunno:
So why, all of a sudden this year, can we hear the band or students yelling out that one line when it’s never been prominent before?

JRjr

So why, all of a sudden this year, can we hear the band or students yelling out that one line when it’s never been prominent before?

JRjr
We used to yell that line prominently back in the late 90s. (Shout it, similar to THWG later in the verse.) Maybe they’re mic’d up better now? Was this something you noticed on tv or something?

If the band was yelling it, the song would stop. Hard to play a horn and yell lyrics at the same time.

It’s not the band.
While this is often true, the band also sings a lot when they’re not playing. Not sure the exact context of the original butthurt mentioned here.

We used to yell that line prominently back in the late 90s. (Shout it, similar to THWG later in the verse.) Maybe they’re mic’d up better now? Was this something you noticed on tv or something?
I’ve been at both games in person. It was clear to hear in the stands, and the band wasn’t mic’d up in BDS. Something has changed, I’m just not sure what or why.

JRjr

If the band was yelling it, the song would stop. Hard to play a horn and yell lyrics at the same time.

It’s not the band.
Could be the student section. Could be the drum line or the spirit team. Something’s different, whatever “actually” you care to list, given that several people have noticed and commented on it.

JRjr

I’ve been at both games in person. It was clear to hear in the stands, and the band wasn’t mic’d up in BDS. Something has changed, I’m just not sure what or why.

JRjr
You? More of a whiner?

I don't mind it. The band plays the same 4 songs they've been playing for 20 years. Yawn. If they want more attention, step your game up and stop being so forgettable.
I’m not complaining one way or the other. Only pointing out the trend in college football to use the PA to disrupt on defense instead of what used to be the band. Watching FSU, who has one of the top two loudest bands I’ve heard (with LSU), and they are using the PA between every play on defense.

I’m not complaining one way or the other. Only pointing out the trend in college football to use the PA to disrupt on defense instead of what used to be the band. Watching FSU, who has one of the top two loudest bands I’ve heard (with LSU), and they are using the PA between every play on defense.
Anything to keep the FSU band from playing the one motherööööing song they know is a good thing.

JRjr

JRjr
Could be that the student section has picked it up more than in the past.

I know that alternate lyric has been around for a long time, but why is the band making it a thing now? Is this some back door way of getting rid of “cheer the brave and bold” since the petitions a couple of years back didn’t seem to go anywhere?

JRjr
The band says "raise the ratio" because it's a silly thing to say, nothing more. I can assure you the band is not some woke agent working to change our traditions. If you'd ever heard the band's chants during the drum cadence, you'd understand.

I think you're stretching it a bit to call those strung plastic beads a pearl neckless. They gave them out at the pep rally in Dublin, but incredibly ran out before more than a couple thousand fans arrived.
Wait a second, are you saying those aren’t real? I paid some guy $100 a strand who was walking out of the pep rally, thought I was getting a deal. öööö.

That the new PA guy couldn't or wouldn't pronounce the opposing quarterback's name is indicative of a lack of preparation and professionalism.
There are pronunciation guides in the media guides and game notes provided to every single person in the press box. There is also a Georgia State SID not more than 15 feet away at any time to ask how to pronounce a name. You can show up a couple of hours early, which is what you're supposed to do anyway, and not just eat the free Chick-fil-A up there, go through a dry run to get the names down right and go. That's what a professional would do. Why is Wes Durham so good at what he does, for instance? Because no one is more prepared than Wes. Wes didn't have any problem saying the kid's name.
And yet, all we got was "number 11."
It was middle school-esque. And this is from an alleged top-notch professional.
Plus, the constant bombardment of "it's third down! it's third down! it's third down!" was annoying. It was close, but not nearly as cringeworthy as money down.
Dude, at least we’re pushing them to third down. I hope it happens every series this year!

One good thing was that I got a free pearl necklace on a table during the tailgate thing on North Avenue. It was a lucky pearl necklace because we won. I hope all of you will get a pearl necklace before the VMI game
They’re always lucky for someone. Got one in four different decades, I just may be in the pearl necklace hall of fame!

Yes they do. The "loyalty" program didn't work for me and I really don't even know how it was supposed to work for me. The guy running the stand had no clue. He was a nice fella, and I am used to GT GameDay being a disorganized öööö up anyway. As long as those sitting in box seats weren't inconvenienced, I'm happy.

It would be nice to have my stinger seats installed on the proper seats. I will call and see about getting it fixed next week. I'm sure I will be told someone is being notified to get right on it and there is a 90% chance it will not be corrected. Par for the course, I have had probably 2-3 seasons where I showed up and they weren't installed at all, so they got it 75% correct, which passes a class
The loyalty program has never worked. They used to have a special logo on the paper tickets, went around the entire stadium and it's always the same story. No idea what discount or why. Have told my ticket rep for years it's not a benefit if it doesn't work. Discount ticket prices or let us bring snacks in again. Hell even after a game I told Tstan and he didn't know what it was. Lol.

Back