Catchall Stadium Bitching Thread

I liked the third down prompt. I think it got people up. I thought Cameron needs work.

Hype guy is bad. Every time the yellow jackets chant got going, he would stop it prematurely with "sting em." It has been awkward for 3 or 4 years now doing the same thing.

PA music frequency and volume needs an overhaul.
I heard not one "what's the good word?" from the on field stuff.

One good thing was that I got a free pearl necklace on a table during the tailgate thing on North Avenue. It was a lucky pearl necklace because we won. I hope all of you will get a pearl necklace before the VMI game

The overpowering PA stuff is more about what everyone else is doing. It seems that college bands are now relegated to playing when told to so that they are part of a broader Gameday production. Just like everything else, we are behind the curve on the production part of things but have figured out the loud AF PA system part of it. As time passes, it’ll become more refined. Look for the drum majors and/or band director wearing a headset so that the band can be told when to play. It has been a thing in basketball forever.

Nothing wrong with just using numbers for the opponent for the stadium pa guy, he's not doing a radio broadcast
"Number 3 on the carry."
Yeah, sounds great.
For a ööööing middle school game. Even at rec ball games they say the kid's name.
At this level, you say the guy's name. Period. It's the professional, first class way to do things. Not half-assed, slipshod effort.
Do you want to go to Syracuse this week and hear "Number 26 on the carry for Georgia Tech" and think, "öööö, I haven't memorized the roster. Damn, this is worse than Chemistry under Royer the Destroyer. Who is this kid?"

Being professional and first class doesn't take a lot of effort. Apparently, there was no effort. It's embarrassing.

I actually thought it was the best game day experience in years. Not perfect, and I miss the band coming down the hill, but J Batt is seriously trying.
Winning helps with game day experience. And it had been almost nine months since we last won at BDS/HGF. Our previous two wins had come in foreign countries - Ireland and Florida.

"Number 3 on the carry."
Yeah, sounds great.
For a ööööing middle school game. Even at rec ball games they say the kid's name.
At this level, you say the guy's name. Period. It's the professional, first class way to do things. Not half-assed, slipshod effort.
Do you want to go to Syracuse this week and hear "Number 26 on the carry for Georgia Tech" and think, "öööö, I haven't memorized the roster. Damn, this is worse than Chemistry under Royer the Destroyer. Who is this kid?"

Being professional and first class doesn't take a lot of effort. Apparently, there was no effort. It's embarrassing.

I don’t think our PA has ever called out the opposing players names. Why would they?

I think he’s fine. I mean, who gives a öööö one way or the other?

I’m hearing there were lots of problems with overly aggressive security people in the block seating sections. I don’t know if it’s a function of the construction going on, but they were definitely preventing people from going from the east stands, across the north end zone, to try and get to the west side. I saw a lot of upset people and it seemed like things were getting tense. Also, the water hydration stations in upper east were completely shut off. Even though it was night, it was still hot and humid. I texted to the customer service number and got NO response. Surely they can do better.

On the positive side, I thought there was good energy in the stadium from the band and students, and the audio/visual/music was better coordinated with the band. On the PA - Ryan Cameron was just a bit tongue tied for the pregame tribute to Homer Rice, but I thought he did a great job on the play by play. I think he’ll be an excellent fit going forward. The Sheamus thing was also great - overall I think the Athletic Association is doing some cool stuff that portrays us in a very good light to recruits.
Loved Ryan Cameron! Nice to have a little homerism on the mic.

One good thing was that I got a free pearl necklace on a table during the tailgate thing on North Avenue. It was a lucky pearl necklace because we won. I hope all of you will get a pearl necklace before the VMI game
I think you're stretching it a bit to call those strung plastic beads a pearl neckless. They gave them out at the pep rally in Dublin, but incredibly ran out before more than a couple thousand fans arrived.

"Number 3 on the carry."
Yeah, sounds great.

I wouldn't call it embarrassing, but I agree with your final statement.

I think you're stretching it a bit to call those strung plastic beads a pearl neckless. They gave them out at the pep rally in Dublin, but incredibly ran out before more than a couple thousand fans arrived.

DR994U.gif

The overpowering PA stuff is more about what everyone else is doing. It seems that college bands are now relegated to playing when told to so that they are part of a broader Gameday production. Just like everything else, we are behind the curve on the production part of things but have figured out the loud AF PA system part of it. As time passes, it’ll become more refined. Look for the drum majors and/or band director wearing a headset so that the band can be told when to play. It has been a thing in basketball forever.
I don't mind it. The band plays the same 4 songs they've been playing for 20 years. Yawn. If they want more attention, step your game up and stop being so forgettable.

I don't mind it. The band plays the same 4 songs they've been playing for 20 years. Yawn. If they want more attention, step your game up and stop being so forgettable.
I get so ööööing pumped up when they play chords for 3rd down. Whoo!

I know that alternate lyric has been around for a long time, but why is the band making it a thing now? Is this some back door way of getting rid of “cheer the brave and bold” since the petitions a couple of years back didn’t seem to go anywhere?

JRjr
No. As you say, it’s been around forever. Especially in the band. It’s done for the same reason they changed that one cheer the cheerleaders used to do to “TD we want a table dance.” Most guys I know like more college talent around, not less. It’s not that hard to figure out, people. :dunno:

Back