Catchall Stadium Bitching Thread

I am 35 years old. I sit in Upper North. I admit, in my teens and 20s I always thought "if its too loud you're too old"

Yesterday was excessive. Let me hear the band and the crowd a bit, not the constant PA audio assault, please.

Even when we would crank 'all the way turnt up' 10 years ago, we still would only do that what, like 4 times / game during big moments, if I recall correctly. Annoying song but it was effective.

One other positive - shortly before kickoff, lightning was clearly visible north of the stadium. There were numerous pop up thunderstorms happening ITP. But THANK GOD they did not choose to postpone the game. Anyone looking at the radar could see that they were moving west to east, and as long as new ones didn’t pop up, it wasn’t going to hit us. These days there is a lot of liability involved in those kinds of decisions, but someone made a good one that took some guts.
In the history of college football, has anybody ever been killed or injured in a stadium by lightning? Lee Corso’s rental car is the only casualty I can think of. Everybody needs to chill out on the “lightning in the area” thing.

JRjr

Dear god yes.

The forced end of it feels like - you can only do this during a prescribed time and then STFU.
I don’t mind the hype guy in general, but yes, the way we try to do the Yellow Jackets chant is just embarrassing and has no chance of success. The old “players on the Jumbotron” approach was better than what we do now.

JRjr

Half the way turnt up! Half the way turnt up!

1725232274808.png

At one point during the broadcast I heard them blow the steam whistle on a play that was a couple yards short of the sticks, then the stadium announcer made the first down call. Maybe everyone was just drunk?
No, ran out of bounds on our sideline. I think even our announcer said first down, even though we were clearly out 2 yards short.

Maybe someone needs to create the quasi technical manual called "The Do's, Do Not's, and Proper Timing for the ultimate fan's in game experience at Grant Field. It should be provided to every single person (volunteer/ paid employee) associated with the football game production on game day.
AKA quality control. We don’t do that apparently.

Maybe we just like attending college football and not have music turned to level 11 on us. When you cannot talk to the person next to you because of the volume of the PA system, it really takes away from the game
You would not have survived at Club Mullett for an Arizona Coyotes game. Don’t know if it’s just a modern thing or what but sporting events are PUMPING the music.

The 3rd down prompt was ok needed less volume..... the band - flat-3rd down prompt was always tiresome. I agree the PA / music runover of our band needs adjustment.

I am 35 years old. I sit in Upper North. I admit, in my teens and 20s I always thought "if its too loud you're too old"

Yesterday was excessive. Let me hear the band and the crowd a bit, not the constant PA audio assault, please.

Even when we would crank 'all the way turnt up' 10 years ago, we still would only do that what, like 4 times / game during big moments, if I recall correctly. Annoying song but it was effective.
got to upper north seats about 40 min prior to kickoff. it was not easy to have a convo pregame.

also whats up with the air raid siren? thats new.

Back