Catchall Stadium Bitching Thread

On the PA - Ryan Cameron was just a bit tongue tied for the pregame tribute to Homer Rice, but I thought he did a great job on the play by play. I think he’ll be an excellent fit going forward.
He sucked. He was awful. Period. I mean, seriously, all the times he called out "Number 11," but didn't have a name? for the Georgia State starting QB? Really?
I hope this experiment either improves drastically quickly or ends quickly.
And I don't need him telling me three times "it's third down!"
Maybe The Cheetah or Magic City needs an afternoon DJ.

I wasn't there last night but in my experience there is such a thing as too loud with stadium sound systems. It can become grating.

To those who think it's an old people complaint--old people should actually be less sensitive to it because their hearing is reduced.

The worst part of the music is they were playing right up until the offense snapped the ball. Cut off a couple of seconds earlier and let the offense hear the snap count.
That and I will continue to make the argument the new PA guy is dreadful. And I have done PA. Ain't that hard to go "now batting for Toombs County, the center fielder, number 25, Vince Faison."

Overlooking the practical application in lieu of the theoretical perhaps.
Yep, I aced almost every course at GT, but using a screwdriver mystified me. No problem, I just got a MBA in Finance and was good to go.

One other positive - shortly before kickoff, lightning was clearly visible north of the stadium. There were numerous pop up thunderstorms happening ITP. But THANK GOD they did not choose to postpone the game. Anyone looking at the radar could see that they were moving west to east, and as long as new ones didn’t pop up, it wasn’t going to hit us. These days there is a lot of liability involved in those kinds of decisions, but someone made a good one that took some guts.

At one point during the broadcast I heard them blow the steam whistle on a play that was a couple yards short of the sticks, then the stadium announcer made the first down call. Maybe everyone was just drunk?

The worst part of the music is they were playing right up until the offense snapped the ball. Cut off a couple of seconds earlier and let the offense hear the snap count.
That and I will continue to make the argument the new PA guy is dreadful. And I have done PA. Ain't that hard to go "now batting for Toombs County, the center fielder, number 25, Vince Faison."
Why would our football stadium announcer talk about Vince Faison?

Anyone have a list of the hype songs they played last night?

WHAT DID YOU SAYYYYYY??? I CANT HEAR YOU OVER THE MUSIC!!!! SAY IT LOUDER!!!

I thought it was pretty cool....kept waiting on the announcer to mock on $$$$$ down. It sure sounded like he wanted to lmao

I wasn't there last night but in my experience there is such a thing as too loud with stadium sound systems. It can become grating.

To those who think it's an old people complaint--old people should actually be less sensitive to it because their hearing is reduced.
I gave a wedding toast at the rehearsal dinner for a high school friend of mine. He had roasted me at my own rehearsal dinner, so it was payback time. When the time came, at Cherokee Country Club, I noticed that there were an exceptionally large number of old people in the crowd. Undeterred, my opening line was “y’all might want to turn your hearing aids down…”. CSB.

Loud music is fine and create a fun environment.
Too loud and unmonitored becomes irritating, spoiling the experience. Having it ill-timed significantly worsens the matter.

Big difference....
Seems like we have this conversation at the beginning of every year, and it always takes 2-3 games to fix. We lack continuity from year to year.

And exceptionally loud when WE had the ball on offense, a massive big no

Too loud and unmonitored becomes irritating, spoiling the experience. Having it ill-timed significantly worsens the matter.

Big difference....
Seems like we have this conversation at the beginning of every year, and it always takes 2-3 games to fix. We lack continuity from year to year.
Maybe someone needs to create the quasi technical manual called "The Do's, Do Not's, and Proper Timing for the ultimate fan's in game experience at Grant Field. It should be provided to every single person (volunteer/ paid employee) associated with the football game production on game day.

Big difference....
The PA guy is likely someone who thinks his music is so cool that everyone in the place wants it blasted at them at every stop in play.

I barely said a word to Dad last night because his hearing, at 81, is already somewhat compromised and the incredibly loud noise they play just renders talking a losing cause.

Back in CPJ days, I loved discussing plays and such with some of the ST Holders around me. That is gone now

Back