Catchall Stadium Bitching Thread

I found that kind of corny. Something clown shoes Waffle House would want.
I think it’s fine. Anything to get the old dudes off their asses.

And Jesus I forgot how much those ööööing bleacher hurt my ass the next day.

Seems an age old complaint but the band and PA simply cannot figure out how to coexist. Our stadium is an audio visual assault that feels like we’re trying too hard. ‘Do you like this? What if it’s reeeeeeally loud? Does that make it cool? How bout if we step on the band like we don’t know what down it is? More!? No? What if we do THIS!?’

Also. ööööing tennis was on the TV in the LE concourse.

I will continue my jihad against the hype man. I ööööing hate that guy. Seriously. Stop yelling at me to do a basic “Yellow/Jackets” cheer that the stadium has been quite capable of doing on its own (and at more appropriate times) for at least the several decades that I have been attending games. Yelling the “Yellow” part over and over such that there’s really no point in that side of the stadium doing anything at all. Then abruptly stopping the chant so that loud music can drown out the chant just when it starts to get going. This chant used to be a fun thing. Now it seems like a chore we’re being yelled at to do (and do badly.) Please, GTAA, fire that guy. If you have to keep him, limit him to basketball games. He sucks and makes the game day experience worse. [\soapbox]

Then abruptly stopping the chant so that loud music can drown out the chant just when it starts to get going.
Dear god yes.

The forced end of it feels like - you can only do this during a prescribed time and then STFU.

I will continue my jihad against the hype man. I ööööing hate that guy. Seriously. Stop yelling at me to do a basic “Yellow/Jackets” cheer that the stadium has been quite capable of doing on its own (and at more appropriate times) for at least the several decades that I have been attending games. Yelling the “Yellow” part over and over such that there’s really no point in that side of the stadium doing anything at all. Then abruptly stopping the chant so that loud music can drown out the chant just when it starts to get going. This chant used to be a fun thing. Now it seems like a chore we’re being yelled at to do (and do badly.) Please, GTAA, fire that guy. If you have to keep him, limit him to basketball games. He sucks and makes the game day experience worse. [\soapbox]
It worked much better when the drum line initiated the chant and laid out once it was going

I found that kind of corny. Something clown shoes Waffle House would want.
I think it would have been fine if he didn’t do it every ööööing time. Picks some big spots when it’s really pertinent to build energy; not 3rd and 1 in a 28-6 game

Oh, and fix the game clock display on the big scoreboard. It should be 0:04 or :04, but not just 4 when there are 4 seconds to go in the quarter.

But at least we seem to have ditched the stylized numbers where the 5 was an upside down 2.

JRjr

Think it was corrected for the second half; but yes it was screwy to just have the time up there as a random two-digit number and in the exact same font as the team scores.

I was impressed with the crowd; LW was packed - not quite to a mutt game level but packed none the less. With mostly GT fans as there weren't many gast fans to be seen.

I figured the NW corner gates (4 & 5) were gonna suck due to the construction and it was very backed up. It did move quickly though. Gonna try Gate 3 next time.

PA system; turn that öööö down. I get it, the music is gonna get more - well, stuff I don't care for the older I get. But mother of God it was too loud. Given how ööööty those asshole $EC refs were, I was shocked they didn't throw a flag on how close to the snap the music played. Even the mortgage commercial was too damn loud.

3rd down; we have a band and a tradition with the band - one we can take with us on the road. We don't need an air raid siren. The announcer calling it out can complement it and IMO did help get people on their feet.

The new announcer; did a good job with some first time mistakes. When he called a First Down on when we were clearly short (even tricked the band) I commented that Al Ciraldo was back. He did have a nice recovery though. He just needs to slow his cadence down, this ain't a roundball game - generally there's lots of time between plays.

The Whiteout was certainly one of the better ones and had to look good on TV. It was a great afternoon on campus and nights at Grant Field always look great and with the ever increasing height of midtown buildings the view just keeps getting better.

Maybe the hype man was previously Collins’ get back guy. After the firing he had to find a different way to make a living.

Back