CFP Rankings Thread

Minnesota fell out off the rankings from #18 for losing to #14 Wisconsin. Who took their spot? USC for beating ND....

Also Ole Miss jumping Wisconsin? Well to be fair their latest opponent Minnesota is unranked (now)....

Minnesota is not that good. They play in the weak B1G; that should tell you all you need to know.

Fsu started off as preseason #1, haven't lost, and are now #4 what the literal öööö is going on

Pretty crazy how little respect the ACC is given by the committee. It's as if no other conferences bad losses matter.

So basically, the AP and Coaches poll are turning out to be better than the new crap

Sure, if by "better" you mean "ranking the teams in the spots you personally want them in".

#4 is a joke. Selection committee thinks it's more important for you to show off how good you are than to actually win games. The playoff should be a reward for regular season achievement, not some voodoo determination of the strongest four teams based on regular season observations.

#11 is one higher than expected for me.

In what way? It actually looks pretty fair to me.

See any of the other 100 posts in this thread.

(Although I agree it looks fair enough. I wouldn't have the same rankings but I don't see anything inherently unfair about these.)

#4 is a joke. Selection committee thinks it's more important for you to show off how good you are than to actually win games. The playoff should be a reward for regular season achievement, not some voodoo determination of the strongest four teams based on regular season observations.

Agreed, it's pretty bogus that FSU has gone undefeated and as it stands today wouldn't be rewarded with a playoff berth.

Oh wait.

Fsu started off as preseason #1, haven't lost, and are now #4 what the literal öööö is going on

It's this öööö "game control" stat that ESPN invented and spoon feeds the committee.

You can't just win anymore, you have to score first and lead the entire game.

4-10 vs. the SEC West
1-4 vs. the ACC

Georgia and Missouri also have all four of those wins. Both beat Arkansas, Georgia beat Auburn and Missouri beat TAMU.

The rest of the SEC East went 0-2 against the SEC West. So the SEC East is pretty bad.

This war between the playoff complainers and the playoff defenders could be the next big thing. #ComplaintLife

4-10 vs. the SEC West
1-4 vs. the ACC

UGA was 2-0 against the SEC West and we beat them. This whole thing is total BS based on preseason rankings, long term biases, the fact that the ACC only has 1 representative while the Pac 12 has 4! Total inept BS.

Teams with names like GT, Duke, etc have no chance if the ACC beats the SEC 4-0 and Bama still has their reputation intact while undefeated FSU continues to slide. Total BS considering FSU is the defending NC and beat three SEC teams in a row.

By the way, it is my opinion that the committee postured the teams into the final positions they wanted for biases, tv ratings, better attendance locally, etc. It's east v west now.

Amazingly, on paper only, Tech still has a chance though.

By the way, it is my opinion that the committee postured the teams into the final positions they wanted for biases, tv ratings, better attendance locally, etc. It's east v west now.

Amazingly, on paper only, Tech still has a chance though.

I agree. 1 vs 4 game is Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, while 2 vs 3 game is Rose Bowl in LA.

So the committe puts Alabama-FSU in Sugar and TCU-Oregon in Rose Bowl.

I just have to say this, now that the rage has temporarily stopped blinding me, I am really looking forward to these games.

I just have to say this, now that the rage has temporarily stopped blinding me, I am really looking forward to these games.

Seriously. There's still just as much arguing (as many predicted), but we're going to end up with a much better product than we would have in the past.

Not really surprising. I don't understand why there was so much opposition in the past. The prediction some had about regular season games being meaningless has proved totally baseless. In fact, it's gone the other way: there are way more meaningful regular season games now than there were before.

Teams we could certainly jump with a win over FSU...

4. FSU ...L to GT
5. Ohio St ...L to Wisconsin
7. Arizona ...L to Oregon
8. Mich St ...idle
9. Kansas St ...L to Baylor
10. Miss St ...idle

GT could end up 5th unless Wisconsin were to jump us with a win over Ohio St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back