CFP Rankings Thread

UGA was 2-0 against the SEC West and we beat them. This whole thing is total BS based on preseason rankings, long term biases, the fact that the ACC only has 1 representative while the Pac 12 has 4! Total inept BS.

Teams with names like GT, Duke, etc have no chance if the ACC beats the SEC 4-0 and Bama still has their reputation intact while undefeated FSU continues to slide. Total BS considering FSU is the defending NC and beat three SEC teams in a row.

We're also ranked higher than all but two SEC West teams (neither of whom Georgia beat). And one will definitely drop below us if we beat FSU.

One can honestly complain about FSU. I'm not sure how many people, for example, really thought Notre Dame was #2 two years ago. But they won all their games and it was hard to shut them out of the championship if they didn't lose a game. The CFP committee has more leeway now with four spots.

But the CFP committee's de jure parameters for ranking are "strength of schedule, conference champions and head-to-head." It shouldn't be looking at "game control" or win margins. If FSU's schedule is weaker than Alabama's, then make that the reason. Not this style points BS.

I can't decide sometimes which side of the crusade fj is on.

Whichever requires the longer answer at the time of the question.

I can't decide sometimes which side of the crusade fj is on.

Fine, I'll say what I believe in short words.

1. Our ranking is fine. If you're really bigcrying about our ranking, you have gold-colored glasses.

2. FSU should be #1 or if not #1, the committee should use pure W-L and pure SOS as reasoning. Not SOS or game control.

I'm eventually going to simplify this conversation down to red vs blue, much to your chagrin, fj. It is my evil goal.

The worst thing I see about this is FSU comes in Saturday with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove after dropping to the bubble.

Teams we could certainly jump with a win over FSU...

4. FSU ...L to GT
5. Ohio St ...L to Wisconsin
7. Arizona ...L to Oregon
8. Mich St ...idle
9. Kansas St ...L to Baylor
10. Miss St ...idle

GT could end up 5th unless Wisconsin were to jump us with a win over Ohio St

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With TCU now in, Baylor is out. We would leapfrog them, too. No way they put two Big 12(10) in the playoff without either having to win a Conf Championship.

Very doable scenario, BUT we have to play well and beat FSU and do it "legitimately".

I'm intrigued as to what the narrative will be tomorrow morning. Vast majority of the talking heads have mentioned is as an intriguing and deserving team at this point if we win. All eyes will be on us on Saturday regardless. GREAT opportunity to capitalize on regardless of where we land afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst thing I see about this is FSU comes in Saturday with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove after dropping to the bubble.

Honestly, probably better that way. IF we lose to them, don't want it to be because of the usual BS they've been winning like. IF we lose to them I'd rather it be cause they are playing their best game of the season.

Honestly, probably better that way. IF we lose to them, don't want it to be because of the usual BS they've been winning like. IF we lose to them I'd rather it be cause they are playing their best game of the season.
It wont be that way though to them. It'll be because we weren't as good as they thought.

Fine, I'll say what I believe in short words.

1. Our ranking is fine. If you're really bigcrying about our ranking, you have gold-colored glasses.

2. FSU should be #1 or if not #1, the committee should use pure W-L and pure SOS as reasoning. Not SOS or game control.

I think it's more of a preemptive bigcry in anticipation of us beating FSU and getting left out in lieu of a team that didn't win its conference a la Michigan State or has a weaker resume a la Wisconsin. I agree that our current ranking is fair. FSU's ranking is absurd.

I think Bryce Petty's concussion last week could be big. Indications are that he'll play vs. Kansas State, but if he ends up not being able to go/is ineffective/has to leave the game, and K State wins close, it may somewhat diminish the quality of that win in the eyes of the committee.

We need the following:
1 Bama wins - favored by 14 80% chance
2 Oregon wins - favored by 14 80% chance
3 TCU wins- favored by 33 98% chance
4 GT- we beat FSU and jump the following: underdogs by 4 - 40% chance
5 Kansas state -beat Baylor but not conf champs-2 losses - underdogs by 9 - 35% chance
6 FSU - lost to us
7 Wisconsin-beat Ohio state - favored by 4 -60% chance
8 idle Michigan state
9 idle miss state
10 Arizona-lost to Oregon
11 Ohio state-lost to Wisconsin
12 Baylor - lost to kState

The only games we need the underdog to win is ours vs FSU and Kstate Vs Baylor

Tell me where I've got it wrong?

We need the following:
4 we beat FSU and jump the following: underdogs by 4 - 40% chance
5 Kansas state -beat Baylor but not conf champs-2 losses - underdogs by 7 - 35% chance
6 Wisconsin-beat Ohio state - favored by 4 -60% chance
7 idle Michigan state
8 idle miss state
9 Arizona-lost to Oregon
10 Ohio state-lost to Wisconsin
11 Baylor - lost to kState

Looks good to me.. Not sure what would happen if Bama lost.. I wouldn't say we "need" them to win

If Bama loses that's the only team that could stay ahead of us. It would be complete BS and unlikely, but with them using the eyeball test rather than on the field results (see FSU) then we have to leave no doubt. Plus, Bama GT in the sugarbowl...sign me up

No way we make the playoff. Not with how little respect FSU is getting. If we even want consideration, we need to DESTROY them

If wed beaten UGA by 18, like we should have without heinous referee help, we'd be within striking distance.

We need the following:
4 GT- we beat FSU and jump the following: underdogs by 4 - 40% chance
5 Kansas state -beat Baylor but not conf champs-2 losses - underdogs by 9 - 35% chance
6 FSU - lost to us
7 Wisconsin-beat Ohio state - favored by 4 -60% chance
8 idle Michigan state
9 idle miss state
10 Arizona-lost to Oregon
11 Ohio state-lost to Wisconsin
12 Baylor - lost to kState

we are too far behind to jump some of those idle teams.

With TCU now in, Baylor is out. We would leapfrog them, too. No way they put two Big 12(10) in the playoff without either having to win a Conf Championship.

Very doable scenario, BUT we have to play well and beat FSU and do it "legitimately".

If we beat FSU, they will very much do exactly that.

we are too far behind to jump some of those idle teams.

Whaaaaasaaaa? We'll have an extra win, the same number of losses, a conf championship and more top 25 wins (3)

Quality wins outweigh quality losses. No way we don't jump them both

Whaaaaasaaaa? We'll have an extra win, the same number of losses, a conf championship and more top 25 wins (3)

Quality wins outweigh quality losses. No way we don't jump them both

That would be one sick resume, regardless of conference affliation.

Back