CFP Rankings Thread

I think that these rankings are very favorable for GT.

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. FSU
5. Ohio St.
6. Baylor
7. Arizona
8. Michigan St.
9. Kansas St.
10. Miss St.
11. Georgia Tech

I still adamantly believe that the Committee will not allow there to be 2 Big12 teams in the Playoff due to their weak OOC schedule/record and lack of conference championship. They will essentially assume a second loss for TCU / Baylor based on who they think would win a hypothetical championship game.

I also feel strongly that the Committee will try to avoid rematches and having 2 teams from the same conference. IMO, the following teams ranked above us do not have a chance at the Playoff:

Baylor / TCU
Michigan St.
Kansas St.
Miss St.

Discarding these teams leaves the following Playoff contenders:

1. Alabama
2. Oregon
3. TCU
4. FSU
5. Ohio St.
6. Arizona
7. Georgia Tech

IMO, we most likely will be in the Playoff if we beat FSU and Oregon and Wisconsin win. There is really no way for us to get jumped by Big10 Champ Wisconsin or SEC Champ Missouri with these rankings if we win. We are positioned to leap frog the 2-loss non-divisional winners. Big12 will not get 2 teams. An Oregon win may not be needed if they lose decisively to Arizona.

Last week we were #16 and beat the #9 team. We became the #11 team.

This week we are #11 and are playing the #4 team. So if we beat them we will become the #6 team.

No playoff for GT this year.

I'm just ready for Saturday to find out if any of this prognosticating matters

Whaaaaasaaaa? We'll have an extra win, the same number of losses, a conf championship and more top 25 wins (3)

Quality wins outweigh quality losses. No way we don't jump them both

If they did we would have jumped them already.

You guys are trying to apply logic and reason to a process that is basically a bunch of politicians throwing darts at a board.

This week we are #11 and are playing the #4 team. So if we beat them we will become the #6 team.

I don't think that's really how it works this year, especially with the polls that will come out Sunday. They've been saying all along that conference championships matter a lot, so we'll see what happens. But also, even if you used that logic, what if OSU loses? They're number 5. What if other teams lose? It's just not a very simple matter

Yeah, that's how it works. :rolleyes:

Beej will be a powerful ally to the anti-committee faction.

You guys are trying to apply logic and reason to a process that is basically a bunch of politicians throwing darts at a board.

I basically expect to disagree with beej when I read his posts.

This is not one of those times.

Committee is bullshit, no reason or logic to apply.

i wonder if you guys will be bitching this much if somehow everything works out in our favor and the committee ranks us #4 on sunday.

i'm not saying it will happen. i'm saying it would be hilarious.

i wonder if you guys will be bitching this much if somehow everything works out in our favor and the committee ranks us #4 on sunday.

If we did and won, it would be the most illegitimate MNC since the bama-lsu rematch non divisional but somehow national champ crap. This committee needs to go. Go straight to hell.

Note: I would still pay tons of money to go celebrate it if it did happen and would gloat endlessly.

here's the way i see it. I don't expect to make the playoffs with a loss to Duke and UNC. I'm elated that we beat VT, Miami, Clemson, UGA and the other 6. I'm very happy that we get to make it to Charlotte to play FSU. And i would be very happy if we somehow beat them too and win the ACC title. That would be the best season we've had in a long ass time. I don't give a öööö about being #5 or #6 and not making the playoffs. God has been good to us this year and this team is ööööing awesome. No need for butthurt or preparing for butthurt. I wasn't even expecting them to rank us #11, I thought we'd be no higher than AP which always ranks us lower. So calm the öööö down.

If we did and won, it would be the most illegitimate MNC since the bama-lsu rematch non divisional but somehow national champ crap. This committee needs to go. Go straight to hell.

:lol: yeah they might scrap the whole CFP committee thing after a scenario like that.

It would be hilarious, for sure, but it wouldn't change my opinion on the committee. The process is wrong, even if the result ends up being right this one time. Which it won't.

You really don't understand how the cfp is set up to work. At least how they say it works.

Next week's rankings will really not have that much to do with this week's.

And fwiw, I think the committee is garbage, too.

It would be hilarious, for sure, but it wouldn't change my opinion on the committee. The process is wrong, even if the result ends up being right this one time. Which it won't.

only at TechTM

:squint:
You really don't understand how the cfp is set up to work. At least how they say it works.

Next week's rankings will really not have that much to do with this week's.

maxresdefault.jpg

so you guys are telling me that for the sake of being right you will still bitch about the committee after they put Tech at #4

I can actually see that happening. With Beej leading the way.

I bitched before the UGA game and that worked out great.

Back