CGC is a marketing genius

I was told Geoff would have us recruiting with the big boys, unlike Paul Johnson. Well, Geoff held his Junior Day and got 0 commits out of it. It's now March and we have 0 commits. Those big boys --like Clemson and Miami -- are knocking on double digit commits right now. But y'all keep making excuses for the guy. He didn't recruit any better at Temple than Matt Rhule did, and none of y'all even know who the öööö Matt Rhule is.
OMG. .. Shut down the program!!!!

You are such a pussy

I was told Geoff would have us recruiting with the big boys, unlike Paul Johnson. Well, Geoff held his Junior Day and got 0 commits out of it. It's now March and we have 0 commits. Those big boys --like Clemson and Miami -- are knocking on double digit commits right now. But y'all keep making excuses for the guy. He didn't recruit any better at Temple than Matt Rhule did, and none of y'all even know who the öööö Matt Rhule is.

Our big cry isn’t big enough for this level of menstration.

He isn't recruiting to Temple now. He's recruiting to Georgia Tech.

It is March, exactly. The powerhouses get early commits because guys want to reserve a spot while keeping their options open. Few guys are firmly committed at this point and I would rather be chasing blue chips at this stage than trying to hold on to mid 3 star guys. Signing day is where CGC is gonna earn his money.

Last edited:

We just turned over our entire staff. Not one coach was retained. New staff has been in place for 2 months. No one knows what we will look like. And you consider it a fail that we don’t have the same recruiting success as Clemson by March?!? That’s the most ridiculous standard I’ve seen yet.

We just turned over our entire staff. Not one coach was retained. New staff has been in place for 2 months. No one knows what we will look like. And you consider it a fail that we don’t have the same recruiting success as Clemson by March?!? That’s the most ridiculous standard I’ve seen yet.
Fine. Can we hold the program to UNC's standards then? Six commits already, top 15 class for 2020. Mack Brown had four times the four stars in the 2019 class then Geoff recruited, during the same time period on the job.

I'm sure y'all will make excuses for this too. "But Mack was on the teevee!"

Fine. Can we hold the program to UNC's standards then? Six commits already, top 15 class for 2020. Mack Brown had four times the four stars in the 2019 class then Geoff recruited, during the same time period on the job.

Personally, I would feel gypped if I earned a scholarship to a school where class attendance or doing your own work is optional.

State U with fake classes. Another dumb comparison. Chill out, man. Give it a little more time before you freak out.

Would you calm the öööö down?

UNC is currently ranked ahead of UGA in recruiting. Maybe that lasts...or maybe it's March 3.

Let's look at our heralded 2007 class:

Derrick Morgan - committed 11/2/06
Morgan Burnett - committed 1/10/07
Jonathan Dwyer - committed 8/31/06
Josh Nesbitt - committed 9/8/06
Jason Peters - committed 2/7/07
Nick Claytor - committed 8/31/06
DJ Donley - committed 7/23/06
Steven Threet - committed 6/30/06
Willie White - committed 7/16/06
Logan Walls - committed 7/16/06
Clyde Yandell - committed 10/11/06
Jerrard Tarrant - committed 4/27/06
Brad Jefferson - committed 5/10/06
Mario Butler - committed 7/6/06
Roddy Jones - committed 7/14/06
Albert Rocker - committed 10/24/06
Joseph Gilbert - committed 4/8/06
Kyle Jackson - committed 7/8/06
Michael Peterson - committed 2/3/07
Tyler Melton - committed 6/25/06

Last edited:

How have you not been banned yet?

I always liked you, Coach Johnson, and appreciate everything you’ve done for the Institute. I enjoyed watching your offense because it was old school like me and I appreciate all the amazing moments over the years. Take care and enjoy your golf game and time with your family.

He's not Coach Johnson. He is a friend of his. And he watched Paul bone Lucy Matthews and just went over the edge permanently.

He's not Coach Johnson. He is a friend of his. And he watched Paul bone Lucy Matthews and just went over the edge permanently.

Ed Sawyer gave me a thumbs up so I wondered, briefly, if I may have stumbled onto something. Many of us have long suspected CPJ of being at least a Varsity Lurker on StinGTalk.

Time stamp this and see if she posts something similar in about a month ...

Back