CGC is a marketing genius

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Yeah, CGC's really making CPJ look bad on the recruiting front. Let's hope he can make CPJ look bad on the winning front.
Well we’ll see about that. I love everything about Geoff so far. But he hasn’t signed anyone yet. But everything he’s doing now has me totally sold. I was not going to renew season tickets this year and I’ve upgraded my seats.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
I thought you smelled like Cdiff

We have a dog and a 3.5 year old, our home is tidy but definitely not “clean” in that we have a dog and a 3.5 year old and we *gasp* wear our shoes on the hardwoods all the time. I don’t buy the hygiene theory.
Not Cdiff. Wound infection from a artificial valve insertion and aneurysm removal due to a bicuspid valve.

Just listing the theories I have seen. My intention was not to attack you or anyone else.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
As far as I know, these policies of banning peanut butter or other common allergens are relatively new.

I see the reasoning behind them, but my question is what happened before? Did kids just get violently ill or die relatively frequently? Or have deathly allergies gotten more common in the recent past?
No offense Buzzlaw, but my guess is that the lawyers have gotten involved. Torts are a very serious thingy.

Vespidie

Dodd-Like
Absolutely. CCG very well may be a marketing genius overall. Time will tell -- but so far what he's been doing in a short time has been extremely impressive. Hopefully it translates into on-field results.
There is also a lot of catching up to do regarding the marketing aspect of GT football. This is an immediate local impact that is seen first hand.

Dirty Jacket

Never Weaken
Not Cdiff. Wound infection from a artificial valve insertion and aneurysm removal due to a bicuspid valve.

Just listing the theories I have seen. My intention was not to attack you or anyone else.
That sounds awful. I hope you’re doing better / beyond that.

BrentwoodJacket

Dodd-Like
That sounds awful. I hope you’re doing better / beyond that.
Thanks, I am fine. That was an interesting six month period beginning with a broken leg.
I hope things go well for you and that they find a cure for the allergy crisis. It is scary that the prevalence continues to increase.

texstinger

Dodd-Like
I don’t think it’s a stretch nor a knock on Paul to acknowledge that he is “old school”, didn’t care for the theatrics. He very much was the embodiment of “it is what it is”. And at least outwardly he stated for 10+ years that GT recruiting “is what it is” and no matter who the coach the recruiting was always the same. He separated himself from recruiting outcomes by making those blanket statements often; he extended it to uga that it doesn’t matter who coaches at uga they always have a top ten class. Maybe he was right but everyone hopes he is wrong. His blanket statements are a lot like what Pastner is doing with the hoops program. If you sell your narrative often enough then maybe some people will believe it as true on the surface and not dig - Pastners claim that we’re still in the middle of a huge rebuild even though his only success so far has been with freaking Gregory’s players.

Back to the original point, wouldn’t surprise me one damn bit that Paul turned down helicopters.
Why use air power when you only believe in a ground attack?

Techbert

Dodd-Like
CGC hits recruiting like a boxer working the body. You may not get quick knockout blows, but if you keep working it, you will benefit greatly.

Tell me this won't help GT's standing in high schools for years to come. He brought his entire staff!

coit

Y’all got any more of that D Fence?
CGC hits recruiting like a boxer working the body. You may not get quick knockout blows, but if you keep working it, you will benefit greatly.

Tell me this won't help GT's standing in high schools for years to come. He brought his entire staff!

But did they bring beer?

gtphd

What a time to be alive

MCA of Georgia's website is red and black, and they list CGC as the head coach of "Georgia Tech University". Awesome.

gtphd

What a time to be alive
Actually this gem:
upload_2019-2-24_19-20-12.jpeg
What I googled had “Georgia Tech University”. Wonder if they tried to fix it hurriedly after the tweet and screwed up.

Edit: nope, they also mention “Mephis’s coach.” Just shoddy workmanship by “Dope Media” who’s phone number is 209-788-DOPE.

Actually, if you go through the portfolios of “Dope Media,” all websites are red and black and look like they were made by a 12 year old. Their “professional websites” have “Built by Weebly” on the bottom and 1990-era counters.

Last edited: