CGC is a marketing genius

Can someone explain peanut allergies? I cannot understand how an innocuous substance can trigger an immune system overreaction strong enough to kill what's its trying to protect.

Can we move this thread away from the football thread now? Mods?

A scary part of that paper is the peripheral finding that the rate of incidence in the population appears to be increasing over time. It is consistent with the finding that allergies in general increase in the population as that population becomes less agriculturally based and more urban/suburban in nature.
I have seen articles stating that having pets reduced the incidence and having a super clean house increased the incidence. It would be interesting to study twins growing up in different environments or families associated with the peanut industry. Allergies are strange. I almost died a couple of years ago from a Vancomycin reaction after I had been taking it for over a month.

Can we move this thread away from the football thread now? Mods?
Peanuts are Georgia's second leading cash crop. This is incredibly relevant.

(Edited because cotton is actually the leading cash crop)

Last edited:
I have seen articles stating that having pets reduced the incidence and having a super clean house increased the incidence. It would be interesting to study twins growing up in different environments or families associated with the peanut industry. Allergies are strange. I almost died a couple of years ago from a Vancomycin reaction after I had been taking it for over a month.
I thought you smelled like Cdiff

We have a dog and a 3.5 year old, our home is tidy but definitely not “clean” in that we have a dog and a 3.5 year old and we *gasp* wear our shoes on the hardwoods all the time. I don’t buy the hygiene theory.

You comin at me bro?
Does your dog go outside? An inside only dog (or 2 seconds outside to poop then straight back in) wouldnt add like an old school backyard all day dog.

And then there are the designer breed dogs which I wouldn't be surprised if that is what you have.

But a 3.5 year old should overcompensate.

Meanwhile, new houses would simply not have the same biosphere as an older house. And hard flooring wouldnt harbor the dust and mites and allergens like carpet.

I suspect you being a doctor has you constantly into the antimicrobials. If your wife is as well then your environments probably end up way more microbe free than average. Double if you use antimicrobial cleaning products. But again, unless the school or your wife is one of those who grabs the hand sanitizer 24/7 a single toddler should be enough to compensate.

It is a fascinating theory that it even matters. Not sure I buy it yet myself. Certainly fascinating. I wonder if peanut allergies are more common in parents who have healthcare jobs.

Does your dog go outside? An inside only dog (or 2 seconds outside to poop then straight back in) wouldnt add like an old school backyard all day dog.

And then there are the designer breed dogs which I wouldn't be surprised if that is what you have.

But a 3.5 year old should overcompensate.

Meanwhile, new houses would simply not have the same biosphere as an older house. And hard flooring wouldnt harbor the dust and mites and allergens like carpet.

I suspect you being a doctor has you constantly into the antimicrobials. If your wife is as well then your environments probably end up way more microbe free than average. Double if you use antimicrobial cleaning products. But again, unless the school or your wife is one of those who grabs the hand sanitizer 24/7 a single toddler should be enough to compensate.

It is a fascinating theory that it even matters. Not sure I buy it yet myself. Certainly fascinating. I wonder if peanut allergies are more common in parents who have healthcare jobs.

You’re making a lot of assumptions. I’m in an operating room all day in scrubs and come home in my scrubs. I wear the same gross shoes in the OR as I wear in the house. My dog is a lap dog who spends much of the day in the back yard when it’s not freezing. My daughter goes to school and there’s always snot dripping from someone’s face in my house. Exposure hasn’t been our issue.

Actually, the first day he used the copter to also fly down to Schley County. That's 3 hours south of Atlanta. He did that as well as hitting 4 schools around Atlanta.
He's used it a total of 3 days now and the genius part of it is all he had to do was ask.
When he first came to GT, at a meeting with TStan and some big-time donors, they asked what he needed to be successful. He said a private jet and a helicopter would be huge. Up comes the Waffle House jets (plus the jet of another private donor, I believe) and one of the guys with a helicopter made it available for use. Turns out it was there for use before but nobody apparently asked to use it.

I don't say this as a knock on CPJ, but it would seem a lot of this is due to a different perspective coming from jobs at Navy and Georgia Southern, to a guy that has been in the mix at Alabama and Florida.

I don't say this as a knock on CPJ, but it would seem a lot of this is due to a different perspective coming from jobs at Navy and Georgia Southern, to a guy that has been in the mix at Alabama and Florida.
There is no way in heck that CPJ just failed to ask for a plane and a helicopter that were available all along. It's remotely possible he didn't ask nicely enough or the like, but even that's very unlikely. The most likely explanation is only that CGC believes in social media and CPJ resisted it, and so a lot of this activity isn't new, just newly publicized. But if it is the case that people are making planes and helicopters available that weren't before, the reason ain't complicated – they're just as excited as the rest of us and as a result are willing to give more and make more of an effort.

There is no way in heck that CPJ just failed to ask for a plane and a helicopter that were available all along. It's remotely possible he didn't ask nicely enough or the like, but even that's very unlikely. The most likely explanation is only that CGC believes in social media and CPJ resisted it, and so a lot of this activity isn't new, just newly publicized. But if it is the case that people are making planes and helicopters available that weren't before, the reason ain't complicated – they're just as excited as the rest of us and as a result are willing to give more and make more of an effort.

I don’t think it’s a stretch nor a knock on Paul to acknowledge that he is “old school”, didn’t care for the theatrics. He very much was the embodiment of “it is what it is”. And at least outwardly he stated for 10+ years that GT recruiting “is what it is” and no matter who the coach the recruiting was always the same. He separated himself from recruiting outcomes by making those blanket statements often; he extended it to uga that it doesn’t matter who coaches at uga they always have a top ten class. Maybe he was right but everyone hopes he is wrong. His blanket statements are a lot like what Pastner is doing with the hoops program. If you sell your narrative often enough then maybe some people will believe it as true on the surface and not dig - Pastners claim that we’re still in the middle of a huge rebuild even though his only success so far has been with freaking Gregory’s players.

Back to the original point, wouldn’t surprise me one damn bit that Paul turned down helicopters.

Back