Charles Kelly to FSU as Linebackers Coach

I will go blind if McCollum is announced. Will be interesting to see if he's retained though. Seems like wholesale housecleaning may be the order.

I think that's why it won't be Kelly. Need more change than just the coordinator.

I will go blind if McCollum is announced. Will be interesting to see if he's retained though. Seems like wholesale housecleaning may be the order.

If he goes our entire recruiting staff is gone. He is responsible for both Vad Lee and Justin Thomas. You really want to lose a recruiter that brings those type of players to Tech.

Recruiting at Tech is different than the SEC. A great recruiter at Bama is not going to translate to Tech.

Read his resume before you go blind. He has run a #5 defense at the D1 level before. You really think we are going to get someone with type of credentials. I sure know Lance Thompson hasn't made that happen.

I personally the Groh was the main issue with our Defense not the staff. There are too many good stories out there about CCK and CAM from former players and people close to the program.

How so? You seem to be light on facts and heavy on opinion. Kelly had a good game and a half. That simply isn't a proven commodity. That is offset by 5 years of sorry secondary play that he was responsible for. Make a coherent point refuting that instead of just calling me names, that's what people do when they know they've lost the debate as you have.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/kelly_charles00.html

I've made several. You're not going to listen to anyone, because you're too ööööing stupid.

He's got more of a resume than 1 1/2 games jackass. He got promoted through the ranks at Jax St as a young assistant. In three years becomes a coordinator. That just doesn't happen dickface. Jax State is actually a respectable D1AA program. But your dumb öööö mother ööööing ass wouldn't know that from the limited amount of retarded öööö that you've managed to grasp with your head buried in the sand about college football.

He goes to Nichols State he becomes DC in his third season. Produces a top 20 defense. Comes to Tech. Cleans up the absolute mess that was our special teams. Is the ONLY coach that survives the head coaching change. Gee wonder ööööing why? Maybe it's because he's good.

In his time here he's been our most steady recruiter. Actually recruited and coached some of the finest talent in the defensive backfield. Gets an opportunity to clean up a dumpster fire that is our defense and proves that apparently the last two year sucktitood wasn't on him, and in the process turns in THE most dominating performance of any Tech defense in 10 years against two of the most prolific offenses in college football.

He's not an outside guy you have to retrain to understand Tech's ways. He's a proven commodity. And the fact that you continue to tea bag your opinion which is on the level of JV tennis team credibility on this board repeatedly, over something you clearly are ööööing stupid about is annoying at best, and ööööing excruciatingly painful at worse. You act like your dumb öööö hasn't been totally torn apart and bitch slapped repeatedly. And it has.

The only thing you got is, "you call that proven". or " 1 1/2 games is not proof". You harping on this subject is irrevocable proof that you are a dumbass.

Is that a good enough response or you? Now man up and run the poll I dared you too and see if you even get an ounce of love. Dumb mother ööööer!

Who has CPJ hired to replace other coaches?

Groh for Wommack?

Who for Monken?

Any reason to think this will be better besides it HAS to be?

Charles Kelly should have been offered the job immediately after the Sun Bowl, IMO.

I agree with BOR completely on this one. I don't see how bringing someone in who doesn't fully understand GT and the difficulties in recruiting will get us where we want to be in any hurry.

charles kelly should have been offered the job immediately after the sun bowl, imo.

I agree with bor completely on this one. I don't see how bringing someone in who doesn't fully understand gt and the difficulties in recruiting will get us where we want to be in any hurry.

+1000

öööö you would think Charles Kelly was Knute Rockne by reading this thread. He is a mediocre secondary coach who had no business leading a Division One Football program as a defensive coordinator. We need to clean house on that side of the ball and find 4 guys who can light a fire under our boys asses.

Go Jackets!

öööö you would think Charles Kelly was Knute Rockne by reading this thread. He is a mediocre secondary coach who had no business leading a Division One Football program as a defensive coordinator. We need to clean house on that side of the ball and find 4 guys who can light a fire under our boys asses.

Go Jackets!

This from the dumbass who desperately argued that Ted Roof should be our next Head Coach in 2007. I rest my case.

Go Jackets!

Cool. Here's hoping that can be accomplished in the next year with no real money to bring in a decent coach from a pool that's already getting picked clean :biggthumpup:

Wonder if folks were saying that about Spurrier back in '80 ...

It sounds like to me CCK may not have accepted even if offered.

Who really knows though.

Best wishes for him either way.

Who really knows though.

Which makes you wonder if things are worse than they appear.

Who really knows though.

I think he would have taken it if offered immediately after the bowl game, but that is just my opinion.

While I think we should have given Kelly the DC position because he has familiarity with the players and coaches and seemed to bring improvement, BOR is smoking crack. How the hell is success at lower level schools and a few good games "a proven commodity"? BYU, UNC, and UGA beat the crap out of his defense. I know he didn't have much of a chance at that point, but still it would have been a gamble to hire him. Maybe a good one.

While I think we should have given Kelly the DC position because he has familiarity with the players and coaches and seemed to bring improvement, BOR is smoking crack. How the hell is success at lower level schools and a few good games "a proven commodity"? BYU, UNC, and UGA beat the crap out of his defense. I know he didn't have much of a chance at that point, but still it would have been a gamble to hire him. Maybe a good one.

Well, I do agree it would have been a gamble, but less of one than bringing in an assistant from another school that doesn't have the difficulties in recruiting we do. So, I think it was the lesser gamble, but yes, any DC hire will be a gamble, at least any DC hire we can afford.....that is just the way it is guys.

God, this is just dumb.

Yes, BYU, UNC, and UGAg beat a defense that was, well, implemented in about a week. Holy öööö ... CRAZY.

How do you think coaches progress? That they just magically start kicking ass at a D-1 school?

I think it's past your bedtime.

Back