Clown to UNC-CHeat

Status
Not open for further replies.

First few people seemed positive based on past performance and blamed his time at Tech on the system change. But reality seems to be asserting itself later in the thread.

JRjr

I like the guy that said he would make a good Plan B. Laud yes, fire Mack Brown and replace him with the Clown, that would be glorious.

Shame they're not hiring as the offensive coordinator. He could brag about all the times they crossed the 50 yard line.

Honestly if we were any other fan base looking at this, it's not a bad hire. He was a successful DC in the SEC. Lots of coaches can't make the leap from coordinator to HC. That's not his fault even if he gacve the dumbest press conferences in the history of the universe. What's inexcusable is that our administration allowed it to go on as long as they did. Collins did a good job selling the "transition." But it was pretty obvious his handling of the Citadel and Temple games that he was not qualified for the job, and maybe you can't fire him year 1 but you sure could have fired him year 2.

Honestly if we were any other fan base looking at this, it's not a bad hire. He was a successful DC in the SEC. Lots of coaches can't make the leap from coordinator to HC. That's not his fault even if he gacve the dumbest press conferences in the history of the universe. What's inexcusable is that our administration allowed it to go on as long as they did. Collins did a good job selling the "transition." But it was pretty obvious his handling of the Citadel and Temple games that he was not qualified for the job, and maybe you can't fire him year 1 but you sure could have fired him year 2.
I'm sorry but I don't see how anyone entrusts this clown with anything more important than watching paint dry. The most important thing in any job is the ability to recognize a mistake and make a correction. He is clearly incapable of this most essential function.

Year 2 was covid. Year 3 was inexcusable.

It's not really a good hire though. While the part about going from DC to HC is a real thing, his HC was so disastrous (in particular in his areas of expertise) that it casts doubt on how much of his DC success was really his.

The last post currently in that thread over at the Tarhole board. I don't think I need to add anything to it, it's plenty funny on its own.
IMG_2189.jpeg

I heard Key just called a special practice to start prepping for UNC.

Somebody posted earlier that the idiot would be out for revenge. Pretty sure Key has a special message for the idiot as well.

I heard Key just called a special practice to start prepping for UNC.

Somebody posted earlier that the idiot would be out for revenge. Pretty sure Key has a special message for the idiot as well.
I hope we beat those dumb öööös 70-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back