CNN Breaking News....Coleman Going Off On gailey Again..!!.

gtmg:

I fully accept your opinions:

"Talk facts and demonstrate your points. We will all see in the first few games. For all you guys who just want to give him time, I think Dbo should have had his chance at #1 without worry of somebody coming over him."

No disrespect in the least to you:

1. I think over the past many months many fact have been given and demonstrated about the whole GT/team/QB/ et al, situation.
2. You said:"We will see in the first few games": That is all ANY of us are asking.
3. Giving a QB or any player time is at the coaches (staff's discretion): a. was given a degree of time. Inside time was given a 1000 more "insights" than outside obeservation of time.
3. He has for many months been given the priviledge of being Number 1.
4. Thank you for being honest, and giving your honest opinions without undue criticsm and with honest opinion.

gtmg, you still are missing the point I think. I'm not enamored with Chan Gailey. He is our current coach and I want him to succeed. I was pissed about our lack of effort (that may be too harsh on the kids but it sure looked that way) against Ugag and the sloppiness that led to losses to FSU, Fresno St, Clemson and WF IMO. I was impressed with their ability to bounce back and knock off good NCState and UVA teams. I think we had more weird stuff happen (injuries, etc) last year and this past off season than any time since I've been following Tech. And I'm impressed with some of what I've seen since grade gate out of Gailey.

I do expect him to win. I don't have a set number of wins that I expect, but do put a lot of emphasis on how we play. I also think those who have already given up were either 1) anti-Chan from the start or 2) have panicked. That's my opinion.

I know that he may not be successful. I'm willing to give him more time. I like what I've seen of his recruits, although wish he had signed more. I think the decision on Bilbo is probably the right one given what I've seen and heard about his performance. I'm concerned about Chan's lack of PR ability and Braine's lack of concern. Seems to me if you have a HC who isn't into the PR stuff you better get him some help.

I don't have a problem with people who don't agree with me. What I do have is a problem with how people express themselves. If you wish we had a different coach say it. If you question decision say it. But don't tell everybody you know that our coach sucks and our team will be lucky to win 3. Even if you believe that, to me part of being a football fan is being cocky and arrogant. You have to "demand respect" even if you don't deserve it. If we have some swagger, maybe it will help the team have some. Maybe not, but it can't hurt and it's a hell of a lot more fun than whining and bitching about something that won't change, at least for the present.

Ylokjk8 :Thanks for informing about who I am. I don't ever remember meeting you. You can email me if you would like to talk face to face about it. grossmi@bellsouth.net. I have nothing to hide. Got two kids that I taught to love Tech and live right here in Marietta.
My opinion is based on several things.

I will have a hard time supporting him until he proves he can avenge a 51-7 loss.

CG will get his chance. It doesn't matter what I think. If he perform great for Tech but if he doesn't lets not wait until things get like they did under BL.

ylowjk8, you make me laugh
smile.gif
It is very interesting who on this board attacks individual posters, and those who critique, question, or offer up suggestions for the entity known as Georgia Tech.

It is just amazing who some on this board pick to defend. Let me see, we have a family who has had two sons attend Tech, and a father. All three were lettermen. (Rudolph Family)

We have a couple of other guys who have never attended a class on the Flats and are being paid by us, and they won't even stand on the firing line to answer a few specific questions. (1.4 million combined b/n 'c'db & chan)

Oh by the way, I think Gailey is a great guy, but he was duped.

I'll go to the defense on any alum if I think they are getting a raw deal, and I'll continue to ask questions as long as the school continues to take my money.

Shoot G.W.; I do not always catch on to the things you are saying (I am totally inside-uninformed) but you sound solid.

Bottom line: I love the way you support what (the program is) today/now/forever.

Love any "inside info" you provide; but I must stand by my frind Ylo....he loves the success of Georgia Tech (football, other), and I personally without (inside info) support him wholeheartedly.
He participates in practice attendance, game attendance, tail-gaiting, financial support, public message board support of the coach/progarm, etc. Really, very little room for negative response to him. Any friend of his is mine; any enemy of his is mine. Nole Contrend Eleandra!!!!! Pablum!!!

Originally posted by gtmg:
Ylokjk8 :Thanks for informing about who I am. I don't ever remember meeting you. You can email me if you would like to talk face to face about it. grossmi@bellsouth.net. I have nothing to hide. Got two kids that I taught to love Tech and live right here in Marietta.
My opinion is based on several things.

I will have a hard time supporting him until he proves he can avenge a 51-7 loss.

CG will get his chance. It doesn't matter what I think. If he perform great for Tech but if he doesn't lets not wait until things get like they did under BL.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">i did not inform you who you are. i just pointed out the holes in your "logic" because you believe you're posting logical, reasoned posts grounded in facts.

i have also found the filter that you have installed. it's the "51/7" filter. fact is that there are positives and negatives. your "51/7" filter is not letting you see any positives.

i'm glad that you have 2 kids who you have taught to love tech. why did you feel the need to mention this? my email address is listed on my profile. you can contact me if *you* want. i have nothing to hide.

your opinions are partly based on rich ga alums that you meet on plane rides. lol

fact is that there are positive and negative opinions out there about chan gailey from prominent people who's opinions can be held in higher regard than the rich ga alum on a plane has. your "51/7" filter is preventing you from hearing any positive opinion.

your "51/7" filter works 24/7 it seems .. lol

you're absolutely right that gailey will get his chance and it doesn't matter what you and i think. i totally agree with you when you say that if gailey succeeds, it's great for tech and if he fails, he needs to be replaced.

Gmtg, you are way off base on some of your statements.

Statement #1: All you guys who say everybody loves Chan, I respectfully disagree. I have not met anybody outside of this board who is enamored with him.

[You can not find one post on Stingtalk where someone has said they are enamored with Gailey. You will find many giving arguments why he deserves this year, just like any other Tech coach. Most all have said, "they will wait and see".]

Statememt #2: For all you guys who just want to give him time, I think Dbo should have had his chance at #1 without worry of somebody coming over him. You need be consistent in your message. If one deserves time and opportunity so does the other one.

[You just proved my first point. You have just stated in the second statement that we just want to give him time. Ironic, isn't it?]

[Your last remark is stupid. I can't think of any other way to put it. The coach is there to make decisions. He is not doing his job if he does not make changes where needed. He has given Bilbo all of last year, all Spring, and the first week of Fall practice. Bilbo was given a chance.]

[Who is the coach, you or Gailey? Who is to decide the changes to be made, you or Gailey? Who watches the players practice every day, you or Gailey? Who has the most experience in evaluating players, you or Gailey.]

[It is obvious, your view of how Gailey should have handled the situation pales pitifully in comparison to the view of Gailey. Should we have confidence in your view or Gailey's view?]

Surely, you can see the big problem here!

Father Time

General Wood, any update on the 1.5 million your former employer owes GT?

Wise questions asked by Padre Time (who by the way is one if not THE wisest one on this board:

"Who is the coach, you or Gailey?
Who is to decide the changes to be made, you or Gailey? Who watches the players practice every day, you or Gailey? Who has the most experience in evaluating players, you or Gailey.
Should we have confidence in your view or Gailey's view?"

Folks, this about sums it all up. Anyone else(worthy, called, asked, deemed worthy to be on salary?) Then you are a "squat" just like me.
Just cool it, do your job and let our coach work (undoubletly more than 95% of you) to do his job.

Then, let's just all hide and watch what happens".
Till then be positive or shut the hell up!!!!!!

Quote by BOR:

Can someone explain to me what and who are "The Dirty Dozen"??
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by Ahso:
As the sample was 91-12, I nick-named the 12 as the Dirty Dozen.

Ahso, not so fast my friend. No big deal, but I wrote it, and its got nothing to do with 91-12.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does not matter. Most of us are united brothers:
Credit/Non Credit.....shoot: both get credit.
Fact are that it is a pretty accurage percentage quote.
Don't damage the big number, just belittle the pip-squeeks!!

General Wood.......I am A GT graduate and I think Coleman is wrong to get on the radio and trash Tech. In my opinion, when he trashes the coaches and mocks the talent level of the student athletes he is trashing GT. In my opinion that is what he does. Besides, he needs to get down there and complete his degree instead of running his mouth on the radio. My understanding is that he still has a few classes to go.

Techs, its not about "credit", its about signifigance.

By the way, I am a big fan of you and your posts.

Thanks Cool, you do not now how much I really needed that; Really, thank you!...............Go Jackets!!!!!! Whippum all, esp. the Ugagers!!!!!!

Is it possible that Coleman is trying to pull a "Shug Jordan"? Last year, Jordan fired Ugag up by saying that they were not man enough to handle Auburn.
confused.gif

Mustard, you are showing your age. Point well taken, but it was Pat Dye, and he was talking about Alabama.

Good point regardless, but I believe Coleman has fallen under Buck beloooow's bus, and the rest of the ass sniffers at 680.

680 is a ugag station. The only reason to listen anymore is the weekend golf show, and O'Reilly in the afternoon. Other than the 2 stus, 790 is a pretty good station that is somewhat objective about Tech. Beau Bock is a Tech fan.

Mustard, you are my friend and my kind of man:
Shug is dead; but you speak of Pat Dye......easy mistake (those Auburn folks never know the difference anyhow; let's play along).....ole Coleman is playing $ against loyalty. (Hell, for all you who disagree, I will face him and any of you toe to toe anywhere you or he suggests(along with Mustard) and we will whip your tails.
Anyhow: let's segregate: Those fully for the Jackets from the students to the president on one side and all others on any damn side you pick. Some of you are PRETENDERS/SOMETIMERS and that's all. {with apologies to NC Jacket, my mentor and intellecutal hero, I am still trying to calm down; please have tolerance}.

techs, it's all good. To me, passion in support of Tech and our athletes is excuseable even if we get carried away sometimes. Negative attitudes are destructive to everyone.

Damn, N.C.: from enemies that offends. From friends, it hurts, esp. in the company of enemies(who fake loyalty to Tech).
I love you anyway, 'cause I know you got sense. Man, are you trimming me down tonight (and in public nonetheless)!!!! Whew! I am sitting only one one cheek on my chair!

Back