Coaching Search Update

Fritz is also realistic. He would win here as he has for all of his stops. He's doesn't clock in as high as Chadwell does on the scale of sexy
his record at Tulane is all over the place, is this really what we are settling for in a coach?

Attachments

• 91FF9F25-38EF-4063-9F8B-BB288B6FEDAD.png
    91FF9F25-38EF-4063-9F8B-BB288B6FEDAD.png
    333.8 KB · Views: 49
I would think it is harder to win at Tulane than GT. Either that, or their admin must really suck if they can't find the kind of success they had with Tommy Bowden 25 years ago. That 2-10 year was because of Chip Long, btw. Otherwise, for what Tulane is I would say he's been good for them. I think we have much better and more to work with than Tulane. Just my take, I'm more team Chadwell than Fritz but I do believe he is underrated.

10/14 ACC schools replaced coaches since 2015.

This underscores what I know to be true, however unlikely it may be. Tech getting out of the ACC is just as important is hiring another coach.

So, if I had to rank my enthusiasm for the candidates at this point:

Thrilled: Neon Deion
I think we'll win, but it won't be sexy: Willie Fritz, Bronco Mendenhall, Dan Mullen
I think we'll win, but I hate how it invites the discussion of "only the option can win at GT": Chadwell
I think we'll win, but there will be academic heartburn: Hugh Freeze
We'll improve, but this is a stepping stone hire, not a real winner: O'Brien, Houston

Last I heard / saw. These were the people being contacted

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina.
  • Tyson Helton, Western Kentucky.
  • Shawn Clark, Appalachian State.
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State.
  • Mike Houston, East Carolina.
  • Bill O'Brien, Alabama (OC)
  • Charles Huff, Marshall.
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama.
  • Deion Sander, Jackson State.
Out of this list. I like Chadwell, O'Brien and Sanders. There seems to be a lot of light shined on Houston, for turning a really bad program into just a below average program. However; we don't need that. We need a HC that will and can turn this bus around.
So this is the official list of who’s not getting hired. Got it.

Example of GT fans being wildly delusional about how attractive the GT coaching job is #76311

Cincy has had sustained success over multiple head coaches (Dantonio, Brian Kelly, Fickell) for most of the millennium and is joining the Big 12, GT is at BEST a lateral move from that. And Fickell is in the conversation for ND, Ohio State type jobs. He would cry laughing if GT came calling for him. I mean, my God, is every GT fan just perpetually high on mushrooms? You really a think a coach is going to leverage his CFP appearance to get the Georgia Tech job?

When we fire Pastner, should we look into poaching Mark Few from Gonzaga? My goodness people
Are we an attractive coaching job at the moment? Not really thanks to an exceptionally poor hire and disarray in the AA. But if you ask what school has a higher ceiling, GT or Cincinnati, I think the answer is GT. Cincinnati isn’t all that far in time from being Georgia State.

If we’re gonna hire any of the guys mentioned in this thread besides Deion or Chadwell then yea, ööööing keep BK. I’m being serious.

We can do better than both. We probably couldn’t afford Prime, but to me that’s like getting upset that you can’t afford the new Skittles laced with fentanyl.

I still can't make up my mind whether all the Deion people are doing it ironically. It's just hrk enough to be something stingtalk would do sincerely, but I also know how starved most people are for this to be fun again.

We can do better than both. We probably couldn’t afford Prime, but to me that’s like getting upset that you can’t afford the new Skittles laced with fentanyl.
Have you already elaborated on who would be "better" than Chadwell?

Have you already elaborated on who would be "better" than Chadwell?

No point. People around here lock into an argument (in this case, a guy), and there’s no changing their minds. And in the end we’re all speculating.

I speculate Chadwell would be underwhelming.

Back