Coaching Search Update

Wheres-Waldo_Google-Maps_Screenshot-1920x1440.jpg

Can still make a bowl if there are slots left. We’re locked in for pretty high dibs now at least

I think five win teams are chosen for bowls based on some measure of academic progress, right? Does anyone know where we sit on that list?

Why do you have concerns about BoB?
I don't remember hearing anything either good or bad regarding his time at GT but he seems to have a respectable resume from Penn St,Bama,Patriots,Texans and is likely affordable...I'm not rooting for him either but just curious.
I'm not the one who said it, but I share the sentiment. One reason is that it calls into question if we did due diligence in the hiring (of yet another former Tech guy). At least half, maybe more, of the last coaching staff was people with past ties to Tech in some form (and almost all the rest came with Collins from Temple). This time let's make sure we are getting a coach specifically because they are a good coach.

Why do you have concerns about BoB?
I don't remember hearing anything either good or bad regarding his time at GT but he seems to have a respectable resume from Penn St,Bama,Patriots,Texans and is likely affordable...I'm not rooting for him either but just curious.
I don't remember now any of the specifics, but what I read made me not interested

‘23- SC St, @Ole Miss, Bowling Green, UGA
‘24- Ga St, Austin Peay, Notre Dame (@MB), @UGA
‘25- @Colorado, Gardner Webb, Temple, UGA

Bama ‘30 and ‘31

So probably 2-2, 2-2, 3-1 OOC. 4-4 or better in the conference gets us bowling. I would hope by 2025 we can put together a really good season.

Wasn’t he Gailey’s first OC?

Yes, he was the GT OC in 2002. Something about PM Gold's memory doesn't make sense. According to wiki BOB was at ND when the O'leary resume scandal happened, and then apparently came back to GT when O'leary was fired.

Yes, he was the GT OC in 2002. Something about PM Gold's memory doesn't make sense. According to wiki BOB was at ND when the O'leary resume scandal happened, and then apparently came back to GT when O'leary was fired.
Possibly....I thought BoB was the OC during our Peach Bowl when Fridge left and Chan kept him when the dust cleared.

Anyone aware of what Coastal Carolina's fans are saying ?

There's virtually very little smoke, if any. They've had rumors abound every year single year so at this point they don't really pay attention to it. From what I've heard, "GT has no upside, it's a dead end school, etc etc" Your basic "he won't leave for that kind of school" rhetoric.

There's virtually very little smoke, if any. They've had rumors abound every year single year so at this point they don't really pay attention to it. From what I've heard, "GT has no upside, it's a dead end school, etc etc" Your basic "he won't leave for that kind of school" rhetoric.
If you suck it’s a dead end. If you’re good, you go to the nfl (Ross) or Notre Dame (Sorry, GOL).

Back