Coaching Search Update

The chance of Key getting the job is the same chance of Tech pulling the upset against UGA this year...

I think that assumes one of the coaches that has been named on this board is willing to come here. I would be curious to know if Chadwell will return our calls. Coaching at GT is already tough, it is even tougher with what Collins left, and there are other opportunities out there.

I think that assumes one of the coaches that has been named on this board is willing to come here. I would be curious to know if Chadwell will return our calls. Coaching at GT is already tough, it is even tougher with what Collins left, and there are other opportunities out there.
He wants to stay in the southeast and I don’t see any other ACC/SEC P5 jobs coming open that would be interested in a G5 coach. Maybe if Clawson left he’d be interested there; but not sure that’s a better job.

No. Hire a guy with a 2 year guarantee if he does well it’ll be extended? Aint nobody going for that.
OK. Explain why would Key reject an extension of any length?

Coaches spend their whole careers on one year contracts. Taking promotions on one year contracts. And all of a sudden they won't take the final promotion, which includes a large raise, without a five year contract?

There is no logic to that. The reason for the 5 year standard contract was because of recruiting and that excuse/reason does not exist any more.

I think Key has to be considered now. 2 wins on the road against ranked teams after taking over the Collins mess speaks volumes. Even more so when you're down to your 3rd and 4th string QB's.
No disrepect to the 2 QBs tonight but a healthy Pyron or Sims running that same gameplay we score 30 I think... heck shouldve been 24 barring a horrid FG snap

I didn't want to create a new thread for this, but we finished .500 in a P5 conference. When you do that, you shouldn't end up 5-7 (assuming...).

We have to schedule more favorable OOC games.

100 percent. We should be bowling comfortably.

Back