Coaching Search Update

Too bad the over 65 GT alumni/fans' slack for a razzle dazzle coach was wasted on a used car salesman that has caused them to turn up their nose at Deion and pine for ööööing Brent Key.

But hey, let's hire Key and set or sails for obscurity! At least he is a Tech man.

Too bad the over 65 GT alumni/fans' slack for a razzle dazzle coach was wasted on a used car salesman that has caused them to turn up their nose at Deion and pine for ööööing Brent Key.

But hey, let's hire Key and set or sails for obscurity! At least he is a Tech man.
I’m not over 65. Much younger and I think Deion is risky as hell. I don’t pine for Key either. I think we can do better than both.

I would expect it to be far less likely. Deion is already rich. We offer the ability for his son to QB in a big market at the top level.

Campbell has to be enticed from a job with very good pay AND awfully good job security. IMHO he only takes this job if he is cocky and ambitious, both absolutely critical traits, but he is still going to want a large bump and a large buyout.

We already have our qb

If, for whatever reason, we can’t hire a really good coach like Chadwell, I’d prefer to extend Key and keep our options open for a couple years. I’d hate to see Tech sign a 5 year contract with some mediocre retread that won’t bring any excitement to the program, just to make a change.

If, for whatever reason, we can’t hire a really good coach like Chadwell, I’d prefer to extend Key and keep our options open for a couple years. I’d hate to see Tech sign a 5 year contract with some mediocre retread that won’t bring any excitement to the program, just to make a change.
You can’t sign Key (or any coach) for a limited “trial” run and expect any success at all. You gotta make a 5 year commitment or more to whoever you hire. It’s just the way it is.

You can’t sign Key (or any coach) for a limited “trial” run and expect any success at all. You gotta make a 5 year commitment or more to whoever you hire. It’s just the way it is.
I don't believe any school in the SEC would agree with this premise with the exception of Vandy.

You can definitely make a five year commitment with a very reasonable buyout after two years though.

You could definitely sign Key to a 5-year contract that is easy to get out of at any point. It isn't like Key is some high demand prospect that can dictate contract terms. GT will by far be his best option even if we offer him something like $1.5M per year with a $1.5M buyout. His other option is likely to be as a position coach making half that or less.

I would think it is harder to win at Tulane than GT. Either that, or their admin must really suck if they can't find the kind of success they had with Tommy Bowden 25 years ago. That 2-10 year was because of Chip Long, btw. Otherwise, for what Tulane is I would say he's been good for them. I think we have much better and more to work with than Tulane. Just my take, I'm more team Chadwell than Fritz but I do believe he is underrated.
This is correct
No one really cares about football ( or sports at all ) there.
Very very liberal school.
They’re having a great year there though

You people talkin bout Deion and Fickel and Pittman and any other big name or some ööööing rehab candidate like Briles or Mora or who the öööö ever have the hope of a retard. BoB can take a walk too. I’m in BKs camp as it is, say whatever. It’s where we are. I think he can steady the ship and you’ll never question his motivation, belief or work ethic. We need that unassailable commitment and dedication to dig out of this ungodly hole.

I’m not enamored with his connections to the clown but I also understand his not leading a ööööing mutiny last year. I also don’t think he has just snowed the folks that have obtained his services prior. It’s not within his demeanor and anyone can see that in his press interactions. The same can’t be said for clown.

That said, I’m also good with Chadwell or Fritz or Houston. Those are realistic and pragmatic choices as coaches gettin a shot to step up and that can be exciting. The rest of you can run your hopes up for a Christmas miracle all you want and standby to get ööööed.

Okay Brent, we'll let the head office know that your resume is on file

Back