Coaching Search Update

I would expect it to be far less likely. Deion is already rich. We offer the ability for his son to QB in a big market at the top level.

Campbell has to be enticed from a job with very good pay AND awfully good job security. IMHO he only takes this job if he is cocky and ambitious, both absolutely critical traits, but he is still going to want a large bump and a large buyout.
If Deion accepted, he would be highly motivated to hire excellent offensive coaches and to attract the best OL and receiver transfers available to maximize his son's performance.

Let's go with Chadwell. He built CC from nothing. He can put an offense on the field, recruit and develop. Just what we need. Please, no Clemson assistants like those slugs at South Fla (fired) and UVa (gonna be fired) and Venables (gonna be fired).

Let's go with Chadwell. He built CC from nothing. He can put an offense on the field, recruit and develop. Just what we need. Please, no Clemson assistants like those slugs at South Fla (fired) and UVa (gonna be fired) and Venables (gonna be fired).

I'm down with that. I would think if it was Key, there would be some kind of smoke or rumors going around but it's total silence. If it's between O'Brien and Chadwell, we won't know until next month. You know, on a Thursday.

If he’s peaked, doesn’t know how to hire coordinators, and can’t recruit, why would Bama want him? Hell, why wouldn’t Clemson just go ahead and fire a coach with all those problems?

I didn’t say the program went into the toilet. He’ll still win 8-9-10 games a year. I’m saying the program peaked for the present time.

I didn’t say the program went into the toilet. He’ll still win 8-9-10 games a year. I’m saying the program peaked for the present time.

I think they're likely to hit 11 wins this year, with 12 being a real possibility. Who else do you think they'll lose to this season?

That's quite a peak, but maybe I've been damaged by the past 3 seasons... So basically his streak was just luck? At the moment I'm going to doubt it. Finding a coach who can go 7-5 on a sustained regular basis is actually statistically difficult. 8-9-10 on a regular basis is essentially a unicorn. At that level, you're essentially a within punching chance of a natty. You'd be more likely to reach playoff routinely. The 7-5 guy will essentially have to have a really great year to achieve what the 8-9-10 guy does on a routine basis.

Regarding Key, I don’t think he had any connections to GC prior to coming here. His tenure as OL coach certainly could have been better, but I think there were some extenuating circumstances.

As far as his record as HC, iirc the last interim HC we had didn’t win any of the remaining games his partial year, but turned out ok.

I think Key would do as well as anyone we could hire, but if it’s someone else, I’m ok with that as well.

I think they were on O'Leary's UCF staff together. I don't think that is disqualifying or anything, but that's the connection, I believe.

Are you trying to you don't the question? Everything wrote was to understand. If anyone to use more words it's.
why-waste-time-when-few-word-do-trick.gif

Look I would love for Chadwell to be the guy, but Bryce coon literally has no ööööing clue or any sources. It's literally all his opinion on who he thinks would fit.

Not saying previous P5 coaching experience in some capacity is a requirement, because I don't believe that, but it's kind of amazing to me to come up with a list of candidates and not a single one has ever coached in a conference better than the AAC.

I think they were on O'Leary's UCF staff together. I don't think that is disqualifying or anything, but that's the connection, I believe.
Yeah, I think you’re right. So, somewhere up in that timeframe an assistant coach left for Alabama (I think)…a common meme on the message boards was “he had to go”. Was that Collins? And why did he have to go?

Agreed. I think rumors of his demise are exaggerated. Aside from the QB issues, he's obviously missed a step but I think he's doing pretty well for someone whose staff was pillaged.
Wouldn’t it be nice if we had the same problem that the Bammer faithful are currently experiencing at the moment. :scared:

Back