Seems to be the range we are looking at
This is their current salaries?

Based on names I've seen as "candidates"

Mike Houston - $1.6 million
Jamey Chadwell - $1.2 million
BOB - $1 million
Willie Fritz - $1.9 million

Seems to be the range we are looking at
You can add $700k to Chadwell this year for winning the East and getting a bowl invite. If they win the conference and win a bowl I think it’s another $700k.

The bigger the budget, the easier it is to make a mistake. Look at the "big name" coaches who have face-planted lately - Frost, drawing blanks but a lot of the "can't miss" hires have missed badly. I stated elsewhere that I don't think we can afford another mistake. We aren't Auburn with a blank checkbook each time we screw up. Whoever we hire has to work out or we are dead (financially).

There are a lot of good coaches out there who deserve a shot at running a P5 school that we can get for a modest (starting) salary and a modest buyout. We just need to find the right one.

So, in short, I don't think a blank check is the answer - that just allows the AD to make a popular, defensible hire without doing any due diligence.

That’s where I was going. I envy the ease of the job if he’s shopping with a limited budget. Small money = small expectations at this point.

All great names. Houston would be great, Chadwell would be great. Excited to go after proven program elevators.

Last I heard / saw. These were the people being contacted

• Jamey Chadwell, Coastal Carolina.
  • Tyson Helton, Western Kentucky.
  • Shawn Clark, Appalachian State.
  • Sean Lewis, Kent State.
  • Mike Houston, East Carolina.
  • Bill O'Brien, Alabama (OC)
  • Charles Huff, Marshall.
  • Kane Wommack, South Alabama.
  • Deion Sander, Jackson State.
Out of this list. I like Chadwell, O'Brien and Sanders. There seems to be a lot of light shined on Houston, for turning a really bad program into just a below average program. However; we don't need that. We need a HC that will and can turn this bus around.

Out of this list. I like Chadwell, O'Brien and Sanders. There seems to be a lot of light shined on Houston, for turning a really bad program into just a below average program. However; we don't need that. We need a HC that will and can turn this bus around.
You-know-what-time-it-is GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Not calling you out, but how do we know the folks being contacted and considered?

I was more interested in Houston in 2018 than I am now. He is doing just okay at East Carolina. Really not much to this update.

He inherited a team that went 9 -27 and has turned them around. Dude can coach.

He inherited a team that went 9 -27 and has turned them around. Dude can coach.
It is an excellent list, though. Is he not objectively near the bottom of it?

No Key- probably because "contacted" means outside, not that he is not on the list of prospects.

Deion would sell some MF tickets.

Back