COFH

Kirby is overated as a coach tell me I'm wrong.
It’s hard to win 2 MNC’s as only “a recruiter” as you say. It’s about assembling a staff too. The 2 HC’s you claim are bad HC’s (Dabo and the other guy) have hardware to say otherwise. Bowden (1993, 1999) and Spurrier (1996) were elite recruiters, were they great coaches in your mind?

There are numerous HC’s who are elite recruiters and fail. Mario C down at Miami is one of them. Jimbo won at FSU, had the greatest class in history at TAMU and failed. Ryan Day at tOSU has not fared well in the CFP or MNC game. Franklin is known as a recruiter and can’t win the big game at PSU. Kiffin known as a recruiter and has 1 so called big win over a 3 loss LSU to his resume. Lincoln Riley couldn’t win at OU and has wasted a generational QB in Caleb Williams. Do I need to go on?

It’s hard to win 2 MNC’s as only “a recruiter” as you say. It’s about assembling a staff too. The 2 HC’s you claim are bad HC’s (Dabo and the other guy) have hardware to say otherwise. Bowden (1993, 1999) and Spurrier (1996) were elite recruiters, were they great coaches in your mind?

There are numerous HC’s who are elite recruiters and fail. Mario C down at Miami is one of them. Jimbo won at FSU, had the greatest class in history at TAMU and failed. Ryan Day at tOSU has not fared well in the CFP or MNC game. Franklin is known as a recruiter and can’t win the big game at PSU. Kiffin known as a recruiter and has 1 so called big win over a 3 loss LSU to his resume. Lincoln Riley couldn’t win at OU and has wasted a generational QB in Caleb Williams. Do I need to go on?
I mean like you said assembling a staff, but as a coach he is overated if you don't see that then your a mutt!

Josh Pate says he's "elite". I disagree. He's an "elite" recruiter but not coach.
How is he not an elite defensive coach? I know it is easier with talent but he knows the right type of players to recruit and how to motivate them. He isn’t a genius about offense but still good enough overall to be elite.

The fact that Bama dropped off after he left is evidence in Smart’s favor.

I’m sure he is scum and might be a bad person and he cheats but he is a legit coach.

No, he got it right away. Believe me. What he said in public - "bigger fish to fry" - is one thing.
The truth? Something else. He wasn't giving epic fist pumps or going back and forth with the fans during VPI or Boston College or Duke games. He didn't say their fans were just getting off their jobs at Walmart.
He knew from the get-go what this game was.
I was at the GT/ Kansas( i think) mens BB game when he was introduced at halftime as the new football coach. His short speech ended w oh yeah, And To Hell W Georgia! The place went nuts.....

You've got some great points but there, but in Ryan Day's case, if his biggest foibles are not winning in the CFP, I think I could live with that. And that they got screwed by the refs when MHJr got knocked out against Georgia last year.

How is he not an elite defensive coach? I know it is easier with talent but he knows the right type of players to recruit and how to motivate them. He isn’t a genius about offense but still good enough overall to be elite.

I’m sure he is scum and might be a bad person and he cheats but he is a legit coach.
The right type of players to recruit is ones with a lot of stars not hard. But what does he do to actually help the players?

What do you mean? Richt had elite defensive talent there when Uncle Rico was there his first few years and they were legit on D. Kirby's D isn't exactly dominating like they were in 21. I'm not saying he's bad, he's obviously a good defensive coach. Looked who he learned from! But he's not elite and I'll stand by it.

Had Georgia hired Erk in 88 (he said they offered and he turned it down, they said they never offered it to him and when he heard that, Erk was PISSED), he would have brought PJ back from Hawaii to be his OC.

How do I know how mad Erk was when he found out Georgia said they never offered him the job?
I'm the one who told him.
There are a lot of things for which to hold Georgia in low esteem. Lying to Erk is right at the top of my list.
I could see that erking somebody

I mean like you said assembling a staff, but as a coach he is overated if you don't see that then your a mutt!
Complete and utter way to completely avoid the questions presented. So I’ll ask again…..

Bowden (1993, 1999) and Spurrier (1996) were elite recruiters, were they great coaches in your mind?

There are numerous HC’s who are elite recruiters and fail. Mario C down at Miami is one of them. Jimbo won at FSU, had the greatest class in history at TAMU and failed. Ryan Day at tOSU has not fared well in the CFP or MNC game. Franklin is known as a great recruiter and can’t win the big game at PSU. Kiffin is known as a recruiter and O genius and has 1 so called big win over a 3 loss LSU to his resume between Tenn, USC, Ole Miss. Lincoln Riley couldn’t win at OU with multiple Heisman winners and has wasted a generational QB in Caleb Williams at USC. Everyone mentioned are great recruiters and don’t have the hardware (minus Jimbo in 2013) to match their so called recruiting success.

Outside of Ed O at LSU (2019) and Gene Chizik at Auburn (2010) having elite QB’s in a 1 off year (Joe B, Cam) you don’t see mediocre coaches winning multiple championships at any level.

Look no further than the NE Patriots right now. Belichick established himself as the GOAT NFL HC and it’s sort of all crumbling down now the last few years. Still has 6 SB rings as a HC. Is he a mediocre coach now that he’s not winning with TB12?

You've got some great points but there, but in Ryan Day's case, if his biggest foibles are not winning in the CFP, I think I could live with that. And that they got screwed by the refs when MHJr got knocked out against Georgia last year.
Fair enough. But all of a sudden he can’t beat Harbaugh and Michigan either. Lose again next Saturday and he may not be at tOSU in 2024 for as ridiculous as that sounds. Riley has been in the CFP 3x at OU and blew the game against UGA with Mayfield at QB. Other 2 OU was blown off the field for the exact same reasons USC is a 4 loss team. Horrible defense.

The right type of players to recruit is ones with a lot of stars not hard. But what does he do to actually help the players?
Again. So explain why all the other programs mentioned with Top 5-8 classes not named Bama, tOSU every year continually suck? TAMU is the prime example right now. It takes more than just a star ranking to win at a high level every single year. So while this may be a down year for Clemson and the streak of 10+ win seasons is over, they can still win 9 in a ”down year” after starting 4-4. That’s not just about talent.

Look no further than the NE Patriots right now. Belichick established himself as the GOAT NFL HC and it’s sort of all crumbling down now the last few years. Still has 6 SB rings as a HC. Is he a mediocre coach now that he’s not winning with TB12?

Clearly he sucks. I mean c'mon wasn't he on the Browns staff for a while? Only losers do that sort of thing. He sucks.

Again. So explain why all the other programs mentioned with Top 5-8 classes not named Bama, tOSU every year continually suck? TAMU is the prime example right now. It takes more than just a star ranking to win at a high level every single year. So while this may be a down year for Clemson and the streak of 10+ win seasons is over, they can still win 9 in a ”down year” after starting 4-4. That’s not just about talent.
Like I said I'll give you the fact that he has an amazing staff I hate to say it but when WIll Muschamp is a position coach on ur staff you got a staff thatis great, but like I also said what does HE do for the players or any of them besides give a ra ra speech, and hire prostitutes for them?

Back