College Game Is Dying/How do we save it [RIP NCAA Catchall Thread]

#1. First things first, the value of a degree + room / board + food, etc does not even come close to the millions schools have been getting for the past 15 years. Are you completely ignoring how much $$$ the following have made via SA’s performance?

1. NCAA president.
2. Conference commissioners.
3. School presidents.
4. School AD’s.
5. Head coaches + staffs.

Then add in with all the $$$ schools have been getting what they’ve done with it. The insane LR renovation’s, etc, because the schools had to spend it somewhere have made Oregon, Clemson, Alabama, etc facilities better than any NFL team. So why weren’t the schools forward thinking enough along with the corrupt billion dollar corporation known as the NCAA to have fixed this before it really got started in 2020? Had a revenue sharing piece been implemented in let’s say 2015, this whole mess could have been prevented.

The Supreme Court in a 9-0 decision correctly said what the NCAA had been doing was completely unethical.

#2. As far as the Portal, for the 100th time. Players are PROCESSED by coaches and forced into the Portal losing their scholarship in the hopes of getting lucky enough to find another home. The biggest example of that is COLORADO. Other schools are doing the EXACT same thing on a much smaller scale.

How you can continually deny reality is quite comical.
USC, you consistently overrate the problems of the past while also overrating the benefits of the present. Yes, there was drinking prior to legalization of alcohol, but there was a LOT, more after legalization. I'm an example! You also forget who is providing the very very expensive stage/venue/system, for these players who you seem to think are victims, to perform in or on. cFB should be charging the NFL millions and millions to fund their developmental league.
Teenage jealousy over adult coaching salaries and corporate earnings like espn, are no justification for ruining an imperfect yet wonderful world of "college" football. What is going on now will probably sooner than later, make academics obsolete. What will we call cFB then ?

USC, you consistently overrate the problems of the past while also overrating the benefits of the present. Yes, there was drinking prior to legalization of alcohol, but there was a LOT, more after legalization. I'm an example! You also forget who is providing the very very expensive stage/venue/system, for these players who you seem to think are victims, to perform in or on. cFB should be charging the NFL millions and millions to fund their developmental league.
Teenage jealousy over adult coaching salaries and corporate earnings like espn, are no justification for ruining an imperfect yet wonderful world of "college" football. What is going on now will probably sooner than later, make academics obsolete. What will we call cFB then ?
Rec league?

The problem isn’t that SMU got the death penalty, it was that no one else did. The NCAA’s unbalanced enforcement caused a black market to come into place where Tier 1 teams weren’t investigated while others were and punished (see GT as example #1). I will take this current open market all day and every day over the old system. While videos like this make us all chuckle, at least it’s out in the open unlike all the bags of cash that were funneled to families over the past 50 years and then we were told how pure those teams were. At least now the fans of these teams have to be honest about their school becoming a glorified day care for athletes. The legos and coloring books are just a little more expensive.

What you continue to ignore are the realities of the past vs the present. CFB was not bringing in anything close $$$ wise in the past like they have in let’s just say the last 30 years, and more so the last 20+ as TV $$ has exploded to conferences / schools.

Coaches like Bear Bryant, Tom Osbourne, etc weren’t making an adjusted salary to the time anywhere close to what is considered an “average” HC salary of $5 million to now maxing over $13 million a year. AD’s, conference commissioners, NCAA employees weren’t making millions per year. Hell, assistant coaches are making $2+ million now. You do understand the ACC paid John Swafford $2.88 million in 2023, right? Swafford has been retired since 2021.

You continue to romance the myth of “amateurism” when the players are what make the product weekly. No one has said SA’s should be $1 million per year salary employees through the school, but they do deserve a revenue share. That’s all the corrupt NCAA had to do starting in 2015 and this mess would have been avoided. Instead, the SA’s will eventually get both a revenue share along with be contract employees. That’s the only way everything will be stabilized at this point.

If you don’t like what’s going on, that’s 100% your right to feel that way. You also have the right not to watch CFB going forward. People boycotted the NFL in 2020 and have returned.

I don’t watch MLB or the NBA, for the simple reason that to me personally both are boring.

I’ll ask you one question. Why do you think the Supreme Court ruled 9-0 in favor of SA’s vs the NCAA?

Attachments

• thomas-lennon-reno-911-miami-film-premiere-graumans-chinese-hollywood-BK2RAC.jpg
    thomas-lennon-reno-911-miami-film-premiere-graumans-chinese-hollywood-BK2RAC.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 62
And I almost didn't click on the picture. Sure glad I did, because that says it all. LOL

Oops, I meant this to be a response to the cop pic by gtgtgt1

Back