Collins will be the coach

yeah, but he may be forced to recruit with a wider net. How much good HS football is played in New Jersey and eastern PA?
Right now, we don't have the budget to recruit nationally. We've expanded the staff and maybe have become able to look at more players from across the country. But flying coaches all over the place and having them travel isn't cheap.
Even on Bobinski Air, where everybody gets their own cargo jump seat.
I'm not gonna lie, I'd managed to block that out. ööööing hell, how did we even manage to recruit a single player in the next class?

Going from 3 option to other offenses:

Hurry up: -5 wins
Air raid: -4 wins
West Coast: -4 wins
shotgun RPO: -3 wins
Pistol: -2 win
Pro set under center: -1 win
RichRod/Meyer/Mullen Shotgun option: -1 win

Basically need a season for the qb and recievers to get in since/run good routes. Therewill be no pocket next year. Even FCS teams run 300lb OL in the shotgun. We will need to roll the pocket for sure, but anything that involves zone run blocking should be fine.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Woody return for year 2, but the new coach needs to do what he wants.
So if we incorporate some of all of those offenses, we should have 20 wins. I'm in.

All of y’all worried about changing to a different offense.........we changed to the triple and had immediate success. Changing back with very few players who ran the triple in high school will be easier
We had immediate success because we had one of the finest Tech classes in the 2000s in that year.
We weren’t running very much triple option that first season.

We had immediate success because we had one of the finest Tech classes in the 2000s in that year.
We weren’t running very much triple option that first season.

Who was that "finest Tech class" recruited by? :naughty:

Who was that "finest Tech class" recruited by? :naughty:
Gailey. Recruited really well despite heavy limits but was unable to do anything with the great players he recruited.

Tech not winning an ACC a championship with Tashard Choice as RB and Calvin Johnson as a WR, along with a great defense will always be one of the greatest missed opportunities at Tech. And never beating Georgia despite having the better team on the field on several occasions will be a massive black mark against Gailey as a college HC.

Well, Temple was his "dream job"... so I'd be wary of the coach-speak, whatever he says tomorrow. TBH, there's nothing about him or his background that makes me think he wouldn't take a higher profile, higher paying job if it came along.

My belief, though, is that if we're winning there are very few football jobs that are better than us. Bama, yes, ND, yes, the NFL, yes. But GT will pay plenty of money if he earns it on the field. We gave CPJ big pay raises after each of his first two years. The money's never the problem... it's always the winning.
Plus less pressure here than other places. 8 wins a year and you are a legend. Other places, you’re fired.

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Back