Combine Talk ft. Stephen Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hill only put up 14 bench reps (which is on the lower side of WRs) but that's not too bad considering how long his arms are.

Hill only put up 14 bench reps (which is on the lower side of WRs) but that's not too bad considering how long his arms are.

IIRC his bench max was 185 at some point during or after his freshman year.

I think Hill may have moved into the 2nd Round after today.......

:rolleyes: like the man says, why throw more if you don't throw well. when we have a QB who can throw the ball we will use the pass more effectively.

We can't even hit A-backs on little outs? We did it early in the season then stopped. It was never a part of the plan again. Hail mary or nothing has been our passing game, that's pathetic.

Interesting tweets from @nfldraftscout:
If anyone wants a draft day surprise from the #NFLCombine, it will be Stephen Hill sneaking into the late first round.

In my mind you can't fairly project anyone from GaTech offense. Film won't show much. All about athletics.

We can't even hit A-backs on little outs? We did it early in the season then stopped. It was never a part of the plan again. Hail mary or nothing has been our passing game, that's pathetic.

No they were still there, it's just that some of washington's worst throws were those ones.

Is this indictment on CPJ then?

I think it is. We had one of the fastest wide outs in the game in single coverage 95% of the time and we didn't take advantage of this?

Some will say that Hill can't catch, other will say that Tevin can't throw. I think its either piss poor skill development during practice or stubborn devotion to a running game that, at times, was a 3 and out machine.

Props to Hill though! I was one of the folks who thought it was a huge mistake to leave early but it looks like he is going to get paid now.

Am I the only one on here who remembers what it was like when Hill was here? His body control was, at times, horrendous and to call him stone hands would be a compliment.

Hill's performance has shown little we didn't already know. He's a physical freak who, at times, has significant mental lapses in terms of route running and catching ability. It also doesn't change that our offense isn't the best at pass blocking, or that TW isn't the best at throwing the deep ball.

I think it is. We had one of the fastest wide outs in the game in single coverage 95% of the time and we didn't take advantage of this?

Some will say that Hill can't catch, other will say that Tevin can't throw. I think its either piss poor skill development during practice or stubborn devotion to a running game that, at times, was a 3 and out machine.

Props to Hill though! I was one of the folks who thought it was a huge mistake to leave early but it looks like he is going to get paid now.

Uhh, you do know we had one of, if not THE, lowest three and out percentages in the country.

Am I the only one on here who remembers what it was like when Hill was here? His body control was, at times, horrendous and to call him stone hands would be a compliment.

Hill's performance has shown little we didn't already know. He's a physical freak who, at times, has significant mental lapses in terms of route running and catching ability. It also doesn't change that our offense isn't the best at pass blocking, or that TW isn't the best at throwing the deep ball.

Yeah, pretty much! Stephen has something that can't be taught, 6'4 215lbs 4.3 flat speed!!! And the TW argument only helps Hill because GMs feel he could be even better w/ a NFL quality QB

Last edited:
If he plays and actually starts catching everything thrown to him in the NFL I am going to be pissed at somebody, don't know who yet.

Great, now our football team is merely a successful job training exhibition program like the basketball and baseball teams have been for the last decade, in terms of results on the field while here vs. payoff in the pros.

Yeah, pretty much! Stephen has something that can't be corrected, 6'4 215lbs 4.3 flat speed!!! And the TW argument only helps Hill because GMs feel he could be even better w/ a NFL quality QB

My guess is the Pats snag him in the 1st or 2nd. He's exactly what that offense needs, esp if he learns to catch.

RG3 with a 4.38 40-yard-dash as a QB.

But yeah, Stephen Hill solidified his position in first 3 rounds, let's see how high he goes.

If he plays and actually starts catching everything thrown to him in the NFL I am going to be pissed at somebody, don't know who yet.

Great, now our football team is merely a successful job training exhibition program like the basketball and baseball teams have been for the last decade, in terms of results on the field while here vs. payoff in the pros.

Overreact much?

First, I would love to be considered a place that successfully trains WRs for the NFL. Unlike basketball and baseball, we are guaranteed three years from every recruit. We'd land all kinds of talented WRs. Where do I sign up for that reputation?

Second, you are confusing one position (WR) for the whole team. Name other positions where it seems like we are just a "successful job training exhibition program." You can't.

Third, I don't know why you are pissed. We got a pretty good year out of Hill last year. Remember how raw Hill was the year before? He's improved a lot, particularly in his route running. The fact that he is now being mentioned as a possible first round sleeper says a lot, imo, at our coaches' ability to develop these guys and Hill's hard work at getting better. He's not the most polished, but this is still a good story both for Hill and GT.

For those who think bc we had a WR go in the 1st round and possibly another will help recruiting can forget about it. These guys are making money because of raw ability at these workouts not because of development at GT

Hey one of our players is doing well in the combine! Let's find some way to bitch about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back