Combine Talk ft. Stephen Hill

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have thrown it more with the talent we had at WR.

Sometimes quarterbacks get off to a horrible start (let's say 0 for 6 on their 1st 6 throws). Our quarterbacks don't even have the opportunity to throw it 6 times in a half.

Not throwing the ball in the 2nd half vs Utah is what lost the game for us.

For those who think bc we had a WR go in the 1st round and possibly another will help recruiting can forget about it. These guys are making money because of raw ability at these workouts not because of development at GT

What!?!? I'm gonna raise the Chewbacca defense here, that does not make sense.

I think saying we're bitching about it might be an understatement as well.

This guy continually complains about everything related to GT fans. He obviously hated his time representing Georgia Tech (if it's even true), so it's good idea to dismiss most of what he says.

Also, he claims he was partially responsible for not getting the throwback uniforms.

Doing well is an understatement

Doing super duper amazing!*

Regardless my post still stands. At Tech people were bitching about his play. Now that he's left people are bitching that we didn't use him more.

Recommence bitching.

For those who think bc we had a WR go in the 1st round and possibly another will help recruiting can forget about it. These guys are making money because of raw ability at these workouts not because of development at GT

That can be said about almost any program though.

NFL, and the other pro leagues for that matter, draft based on potential & measurables for the most part.

Why shouldn't we get the benefit of the doubt from having a guy drafted like half the SEC does?

Plus you have to consider the knock on us is our skill guys, WR especially, have no chance at the next level.

This guy continually complains about everything related to GT fans. He obviously hated his time representing Georgia Tech (if it's even true), so it's good idea to dismiss most of what he says.

It's not that it would make him uncommon if that was the case. How many people have left the school recently for seemingly similar reasons? It's not like GT has shown it will inspire people to spend another year there for the sake of the football team.

Also, I may of quoted him but he was not the sole object of my comment.

Eh, I'm not having a good/bad fan war over this.

Congrats to Hill and I hope he gets a better than expected draft spot.

Just run the ---- ball!!!! Pussies throw the ball men run it.

Go Jackets!

PS - Hill is smart and is using his GT education to pay benefits already. He knows that these pro scouts and the media hype machine look at that 40 time as the holy grail upon which all skill player talent is valued. So he prepares and lays down a time they can not ignore. He just wrote himself a multi million dollar check whether he ever makes a play or not.

Looked like SEC speed to those ESPN guys!

NFL, and the other pro leagues for that matter, draft based on potential & measurables for the most part.

Why shouldn't we get the benefit of the doubt from having a guy drafted like half the SEC does?

Plus you have to consider the knock on us is our skill guys, WR especially, have no chance at the next level.

Dude, don't feed the troll. Being a pipeline for 1st round WRs (3 in the last 5-6 years) is an obvious boon to recruiting. If I'm a skilled WR, CPJ can point to Thomas and Hill as representative of how our program can develop a player.

The problem with ibeedroolings argument is that it entirely ignores that it is OUR weightroom and strength and conditioning program that mostly got Hill and Thomas to where they were at the combine. Obviously they had some post school workouts as well, but if it were that easy to be a first round pick in the NFL Thomas and Hill would not have been first rounders.

Doing super duper amazing!*

Regardless my post still stands. At Tech people were bitching about his play. Now that he's left people are bitching that we didn't use him more.

Recommence bitching.

And some people bitch about the bitching.

Is this indictment on CPJ then?

Hard to say, but I believe after watching us for four years that CPJ relies on the superiority of his system to get guys open, and may not be able to teach QBs how to properly get the ball to the open guy.

The system is superior. My question has always been whether we can spend enough time in practice to implement the whole thing seamlessly.

Do you have an opinion on that ibee?

Im looking from the aspect that we had now 2 receivers DT 6'3 235lbs with a great season, Hill 6'4 215 with a solid season that were both projected 3-4 rds until they had their workouts. Maybe I'm looking too much into but if I'm a WR with similar skill set to these 2 coming out of HS I would definitely go to a school where my skills groomed and polished. Not a knock on my great school, but it is what is at this point

I disagree with this. What these guys going high does, is verifiably dispel the myth that you won't go high if you go to GT.

If SH goes 2nd round, then that will be a 1st round and a 2nd round WR from CPJ's offense in four years. Where does that rank us in WR's to the NFL, compared to the rest of the ACC?

Im looking from the aspect that we had now 2 receivers DT 6'3 235lbs with a great season, Hill 6'4 215 with a solid season that were both projected 3-4 rds until they had their workouts. Maybe I'm looking too much into but if I'm a WR with similar skill set to these 2 coming out of HS I would definitely go to a school where my skills groomed and polished. Not a knock on my great school, but it is what is at this point

Who says their skills weren't groomed an polished as much as they could have been? Name another school, other than say Alabama, who you think does a better job of it than us. UGA? Their WRs of late can't block, and fall in the draft because of it.

Who says their skills weren't groomed an polished as much as they could have been? Name another school, other than say Alabama, who you think does a better job of it than us. UGA? Their WRs of late can't block, and fall in the draft because of it.

Oklahoma State?

The true potential of the option offense will be opened up when the pass completion percentage increases. The Jackets need a quarterback who can throw and a receiver who can catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back