Come On People.....

GetReal05

Varsity Lurker
I have been comeing on this board and seeing what people have to say about CG/football team in general...(good or bad)...And one thing that has made me upset is the fact that someone can not express there feelings about CG or the football team. I for one do not like CG, never did and just because i dont like him does not mean you need to ridicule me for that (I do not have to like/support the coach to be a "true Ga Tech fan"). Thats my opinion and i have the right to have one!

Someone mentioned that players/recruits read these boards...give me a break and if they do read these boards so what. Either way they will find out things in the end...

And before i leave about this name calling...GROW UP. Aguring over the internet to stupid either way you make yourself look like an A$$. Just because someone might not have the same views has you, you call them a name...please how ridiculous can you be.
soapbox.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Any particular point to this?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YES that people should respect someone elses opinion and not call them childish names just because they don't agree with them!

Hey, I don't disagree. But if you really have been lurking you'll notice that it goes both ways. It's not just people who support Chan attacking those who don't.

Originally posted by ncjacket:
Hey, I don't disagree. But if you really have been lurking you'll notice that it goes both ways. It's not just people who support Chan attacking those who don't.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes i know that it goes both ways. The reason for saying what i said in my post is to just respect peoples post and respect what they have to say. If you like the man then you like him...if you don't then you don't. Just don't call someone a name b/c you don't agree with them!!!!

GetReal, I couldn't have said it better myself. Heck, there is a lot of post that I disagree with but that doesn't mean the poster was wrong just because we have divergent views. But even if they are wrong it doesn't give us a reason to be vitriolic in our rejoinders to them. You touched on the one BIG negative of our board.
We are all together as to our aspirations but we surely do rattle the cage about the best way to get there.

I think the underlying point has always been that this is a Georgia Tech FANsite.

Let me draw you a little picture. 4 or 5 nice looking, clean cut all-american girls dressed in white and gold (cheerleaders right?) standing on the sidelines booing and shaking their fists at Chan Gailey. 1st ammendment rights? Please. We at the GT fansites prefer that that behavior be left up to the opposition. No one would dream of stripping you of your opinion but if you just can't help yourself and you have to come here and make irrational and ridiculous, dogfriendly, anti-Tech statements you will be shouted down. Please feel free to stop by anytime and observe our friendly banter and fraternal unity but piss in your own cheerios. Thank you.

Lets see if I got his post right.

1. He doesn't like CCG.
2. And what else the rest of the post has no meaning.
3. OK I give up trying to understand it.

Get Real: Great handle because it says it all.

NJC: The attack mode always starts because of posters who don't like Chan. The word here is 'attack' that starts the process!

If you are talking about defending - I'M GUILTY and don't mind saying it and will continue to do it for myself. But to come on here and attack you or anyone else who is supporting the coach from the get go - I have not done that!

I have TRIED and believe me try is tough when getting into a rabid debate BUT - when my name and person is taken through the MUD on this board - what the hell do you expect, me to sit idle? I'm going to answer the call EVERYTIME!

There is a big difference and GetReal is correct!!! GetReal understands what the hell has been going on here for more then 12 months and thanks for posting!

Originally posted by gnats:
I think the underlying point has always been that this is a Georgia Tech FANsite.

Let me draw you a little picture. 4 or 5 nice looking, clean cut all-american girls dressed in white and gold (cheerleaders right?) standing on the sidelines booing and shaking their fists at Chan Gailey. 1st ammendment rights? Please. We at the GT fansites prefer that that behavior be left up to the opposition. No one would dream of stripping you of your opinion but if you just can't help yourself and you have to come here and make irrational and ridiculous, dogfriendly, anti-Tech statements you will be shouted down. Please feel free to stop by anytime and observe our friendly banter and fraternal unity but piss in your own cheerios. Thank you.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Your analogy is perfect, gnats.

Your supposition that you have "GOTTEN REAList"(sic) presents no problem to me, MsTech.

Originally posted by Jack_it:
Spellingbee, I think you meant
MsTech=GetReal05
pat.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">JI: No - the moderators would never allow me to have two handles here because I have one email address. But it's obvious GetReal05 has a valid point! They are stating an observation and because it sane and true, it's me. Thanks for giving me that great distinction I love the association of the post!

MsTa how's about this. Next time we have a nice little thread going about being excited about the season, the new QB, the coaching staff, etc. etc. etc., how about staying the @(*$&)@ out of it. That way nobody will hear your negativity and we won't feel the need to respond. And when you and BeeBad and Driver and bdg do your negative threads I'll stay away from them. Deal?

The problem most of us have is you never post anything about our offensive schemes, or whether we can stretch the field with our WRs, the kicking game or anything of the sort. You just bitch about Chan. That's what starts the attacks.

Back