Come On People.....

Originally posted by jacketguy:
Thanks for your hilarious post Ms Tech.. I always enjoy humor ... especially on a Monday..

And I stand by my opinion.. the kids dont need you in the stands, and Tech doesnt need you in the stands... and I cant imagine why you would want to be there anyway, you would be much better suited to sit in the stands for UGA..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">THE MOTTO OF THE CHAN FANS:

"If you don't support the mess he put GT in - you're a Dawg fan"! HEAVEN HELP THOSE WHO HAVE GONE THIS FAR!
confused.gif
confused.gif

Life's a b--tch and it only happened when your friend Chan Gailey stepped on to campus - before that it was beautiful! But, life does go on, just like after Bill Lewis successsfully brought this program down - GT will rise again but I question whether that will happen with Gailey!

Thanks for your hilarious post Ms Tech.. I always enjoy humor ... especially on a Monday..

And I stand by my opinion.. the kids dont need you in the stands, and Tech doesnt need you in the stands... and I cant imagine why you would want to be there anyway, you would be much better suited to sit in the stands for UGA..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's hilarious because you never thought I was surrounded by football all my life - the joke's on you!!!!!!!

Mtech..The mess he got us in?????? COME ON..He has been here ONE year i repeat ONE YEAR can YOU get it....What mess???? We went 7-6 in his first year...Not too many 1st year Head Coaches here at Tech have done that..We have documented that and given you the facts..You are really something!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im not saying Chan is the 2nd coming of Bobby Dodd...BUT you ARE WAY OUT IN LEFT FIELD.....

ITS TIME FOR US ALL TO JUST IGNORE YOU...YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's hilarious because you never thought I was surrounded by football all my life - the joke's on you!!!!!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please stop.. you are cracking me up !!

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by jacketguy:

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">It's hilarious because you never thought I was surrounded by football all my life - the joke's on you!!!!!!!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Please stop.. you are cracking me up !!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You need cracking up - maybe when you come back together you'll see the light!!

Originally posted by BLACK WATCH:
Mtech..The mess he got us in?????? COME ON..He has been here ONE year i repeat ONE YEAR can YOU get it....What mess???? We went 7-6 in his first year...Not too many 1st year Head Coaches here at Tech have done that..We have documented that and given you the facts..You are really something!!!!!!!!!!!!
Im not saying Chan is the 2nd coming of Bobby Dodd...BUT you ARE WAY OUT IN LEFT FIELD.....

ITS TIME FOR US ALL TO JUST IGNORE YOU...YOU HAVE NO CREDIBILITY!!!!!!!!!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess you forget he had 13 GAMES to win 7!!!!!!!
The winningest coach in his first year had more chances so the "record book" on that was has an asterick *** beside it! The record stands - 2 more games to get 7 wins - that does not stand out in my book. Maybe we should have given Pepper, Curry, Ross and O'Leary the same chance!

But you don't choose to mention that - that's falsifying the truth as to how those 7 wins came about!

originally posted by MsTA

Jacket

Assessment - good word, I have assessed the state of the program and due to things beyond my control - the x's and o's part of the equation have suffered great defeciencies due to the current coaching staff and the history set forth by this staff in 2002!

I see a very, very conservative/vanilla offense based on the loss of many players and lack of coaching abiility. I see a defense that will have everything on their shoulders and will do their best to keep us in each game but will have to much weight of the game on them to endure the stress of making it happen.

I see linebackers who can make plays - but I see a defensive line smaller and less talented then before academics took hold of it. I see a new defensive backfield with one returning starter but talent. I see a learning process with no time to learn. I see less depth because of academics - I see great harm. To which I blame the coach - know what the hell is going with your kids, so you can field your product! Know what they are doing at all times - they are why you are here!

I see offensive lines outweighing us, with more experience, better coaching and depth. I see on the offensive side of the ball a mish/mash of coaches trying to come together as one = it's called a Coordinator but there are three!

I see teams taking advantage of each one of our weaknesses starting with our Head Coach! You want to talk x's and o's - under the conditions we are about to play in and with - talking x's and o's almost seems hard to comprehend after having to deal with the above!

I see freshmen HAVING to play, not because they are the better of the group but because there are less of the group - due to academics! I see less recruits redshirted because of this - not good. I see a numbers game hurting this whole team because someone who heads the program didn't have the brains to know he is responsible for his product no matter the AD, find out what and make it happen!

I see a future due to all of the above with questions and no answers because everyone wants to put it on someone other the man who was hired to make sure all of the above never came to fruition!! You want to talk x's and o's - when we have something decent to talk about! Lining up use to be fun to discuss - under these conditions - what's there to say!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All I can say from the above is that is you were really a sports writer you've chosen the right career path. BTW this is not an assessment, it's your imagination of what you think will happen. An assessment of a team would be something like...Strength is the OL, veteran, big and mobile. WR - several proven players with chance for newcomers to make an impact. RB - question marks at TB, who will be the starter. Veterans do not have as much speed as you'd like, FR may be the answer. FR - good size, who will step up? QB - big question mark. Fr appears to have the inside track. Offensive scheme - unclear as of yet. Will try to take advantage of OL and establish running game. Will passing attack stretch the field or tend towards ball control? Expect to see offense try to control clock to keep young defense off the field. Abilty to run effectively will be key.

Defensively, DL has losses to replace. Newcomers are young, but bigger and perhaps stronger? DE - big loss in Hargroves but #1 sack man back. FR may contribute here as well. LB - strength of the defense. So strong that backups may help at DE. DB - young but very fast and talented. Could be a strength. Expect an aggressive attacking defense designed to pressure offense into quick decisions.

Special teams, will replace kicker, punter and return men. Good backups appear available, tale will be told by how they perform live.

See how that works?

Originally posted by ahsoisee:
MsTA, by the same analysis, if it had been an 11 game season, Gailey would have had less chance to lose 6 games. If he had stopped at 11 games in 2002, his record would have been 7-4.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The record IS 7-6 in a 13 game season - the record stands as is - the asterisks*** are already there, never to be changed by an assumption(s)!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">originally posted by MsTA

Jacket

Assessment - good word, I have assessed the state of the program and due to things beyond my control - the x's and o's part of the equation have suffered great defeciencies due to the current coaching staff and the history set forth by this staff in 2002!

I see a very, very conservative/vanilla offense based on the loss of many players and lack of coaching abiility. I see a defense that will have everything on their shoulders and will do their best to keep us in each game but will have to much weight of the game on them to endure the stress of making it happen.

I see linebackers who can make plays - but I see a defensive line smaller and less talented then before academics took hold of it. I see a new defensive backfield with one returning starter but talent. I see a learning process with no time to learn. I see less depth because of academics - I see great harm. To which I blame the coach - know what the hell is going with your kids, so you can field your product! Know what they are doing at all times - they are why you are here!

I see offensive lines outweighing us, with more experience, better coaching and depth. I see on the offensive side of the ball a mish/mash of coaches trying to come together as one = it's called a Coordinator but there are three!

I see teams taking advantage of each one of our weaknesses starting with our Head Coach! You want to talk x's and o's - under the conditions we are about to play in and with - talking x's and o's almost seems hard to comprehend after having to deal with the above!

I see freshmen HAVING to play, not because they are the better of the group but because there are less of the group - due to academics! I see less recruits redshirted because of this - not good. I see a numbers game hurting this whole team because someone who heads the program didn't have the brains to know he is responsible for his product no matter the AD, find out what and make it happen!

I see a future due to all of the above with questions and no answers because everyone wants to put it on someone other the man who was hired to make sure all of the above never came to fruition!! You want to talk x's and o's - when we have something decent to talk about! Lining up use to be fun to discuss - under these conditions - what's there to say!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">All I can say from the above is that is you were really a sports writer you've chosen the right career path. BTW this is not an assessment, it's your imagination of what you think will happen. An assessment of a team would be something like...Strength is the OL, veteran, big and mobile. WR - several proven players with chance for newcomers to make an impact. RB - question marks at TB, who will be the starter. Veterans do not have as much speed as you'd like, FR may be the answer. FR - good size, who will step up? QB - big question mark. Fr appears to have the inside track. Offensive scheme - unclear as of yet. Will try to take advantage of OL and establish running game. Will passing attack stretch the field or tend towards ball control? Expect to see offense try to control clock to keep young defense off the field. Abilty to run effectively will be key.

Defensively, DL has losses to replace. Newcomers are young, but bigger and perhaps stronger? DE - big loss in Hargroves but #1 sack man back. FR may contribute here as well. LB - strength of the defense. So strong that backups may help at DE. DB - young but very fast and talented. Could be a strength. Expect an aggressive attacking defense designed to pressure offense into quick decisions.

Special teams, will replace kicker, punter and return men. Good backups appear available, tale will be told by how they perform live.

See how that works?
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I already gave my assessment but you didn't include the coaching staff - I wonder why? How about the ability in my assessment and your's to COACH UP from veterans to new players? Instead of getting better last season we went backwards - what makes you think anything has changed? Maybe it's Chan's sense of urgency?

For me it's imagination and you an assessment??? No, I don't think so. You gave your assessment - I gave mine. You notice how I chose to say yours was - NO ATTACK HERE!! Maybe you could get the hint. You wanted to talk about what I see vs. what you see - let's see who is right?

If Chan's sense of urgency had to do with getting the job done last season - what happened? The urgency exists because HE messed up. I also mentioned in a thread months ago about the kicking game - I started the thread. We had a pretty good kicking game with O'Leary the special team's coach - what's happened since, that area of the game has suffered - LAST SEASON UNDER THE NEW COACH.

Do you actually believe the 15 freshmen who have been thrown into the fire because of a lack of numbers are all going to be able to give you what a seasoned Div.1 player with talent and/or experience could against ANY SCHEDULE never mind what we are about to get into?

Everyone wants to play - a lot of recruits make decisions based on playing time but this is ridiculous! And it's scary to think that IF YOU ARE thrown into this fire - based on the coaches inability to make it happen with veterans last season and tanking - I have a huge concern about the coaching of the new kids on the block!

Somebody here has to make it happen under a more adverse situation then we had to deal with in many a moon. The QB situation that has just occurred has me preplexed? Looks like the Dbo situation under O'brien WAS CORRECT and Billy O'Brien was bashed to eternity.

How did this coaching staff NOT UNDERSTAND after spring practice that Dbo was not the guy? What happened in the 11 or 12 days in Aug to turn on the light? I'm hurting for Damarius but my goodness - this story was being told all through last season.

Prepare the new kids coming in after spring practice in April - you have an opportunity to get the job because we have NOW IN APRIL told DBo it's not his and HE IS NOW IN APRIL preparing himself to play another position!!!!!

This player is devastated and said he was blindsided - didn't you know as the coach that those feelings would be abundant? I would have rather given him the bad news after spring practice, allow him to regroup before August and let him get his head straight and think about where he might want to play and prepare for that between April and August!!

We're about to embark on the season - Dbo might have had this down pat by now as to the best place for him and proceeded to practice and do whatever was needed for 3 months. Now, you are asking a player who has been a QB most of his young life, with the season 2 weeks away and devastated mentally, to move on without the benefit of a mental attitude adjustment, never mind a position change!

You can't tell me these coaches didn't know that in the spring? If they didn't, Chan is worse then I thought. He has been here with Dbo for a year already, and through the spring - and after ONLY TWO WEEKS, he could now make that decision?

This scenario is so far out there - it's hard to understand why? I have no problem with finding out someone can't do it - but this story has been written about this player for OVER A YEAR. The spring should have been when this decision was made so that the entire team, the player and the new QBs coming in had a headstart in the adjustment process and especially under the current adverse situation!

Looks like the 'LIGHTS COME ON' late on this coaching staff!

Originally posted by BarrelORum:
MSTA, I have two questions for you.
1.) Are any of your family members currently employed as football coaches?
2.) Are you currently employed by a paper or news periodical as a beat writer?

For what it's worth, you could tell me you were the daughter of Vince Lombardi himself, and I would still think you are a moron. You have no ability to comprehend anything much less analyze effectively the current status of our football program. Your credibility doesn't come from your pedigree it comes from the things you say and do.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have come to the conclusion that the 'moron' label exists because you KNOW FIRST HAND!

[/qb][/QUOTE]I guess you forget he had 13 GAMES to win 7!!!!!!!
The winningest coach in his first year had more chances so the "record book" on that was has an asterick *** beside it! The record stands - 2 more games to get 7 wins - that does not stand out in my book. Maybe we should have given Pepper, Curry, Ross and O'Leary the same chance!

But you don't choose to mention that - that's falsifying the truth as to how those 7 wins came about![/QB][/QUOTE]

This is your quote MsTA, you are the one that made reference to the 13 game season and having two more games to win 7. Anyone can easily see, it also allows two more games to reach the six losses.

If the season had ended with the first 11 games, the record for last year would have been 7-4. Even though you refuse to affirm this fact, it is true and everyone else on the board can see it is true.

Father Time

For what it's worth, you could tell me you were the daughter of Vince Lombardi himself, and I would still think you are a moron. You have no ability to comprehend anything much less analyze effectively the current status of our football program. Your credibility doesn't come from your pedigree it comes from the things you say and do.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I AM VINCE'S GRANDDAUGHTER!

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I AM VINCE'S GRANDDAUGHTER!

[/qb]
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I guess you forget he had 13 GAMES to win 7!!!!!!!

But you don't choose to mention that - that's falsifying the truth as to how those 7 wins came about!
[/QUOTE]

This is your quote MsTA, you are the one that made reference to the 13 game season and having two more games to win 7. Anyone can easily see, it also allows two more games to reach the six losses.

If the season had ended with the first 11 games, the record for last year would have been 7-4. Even though you refuse to affirm this fact, it is true and everyone else on the board can see it is true.

Father Time[/QB][/QUOTE]

AHSO - but it didn't did it? If you can give some false credibility to the IFS - I can surely give more to the FACTS (YOU'RE WORD)!

Ifs don't count remember! And, in a 12 game season he was 7-5 and additional game there! He couldn't even come up with a Fresno State win against a team that was descimated by 7!

It makes no difference, you established the fact that with 13 games it was easier to win 7 games, it is also a fact it made it easier to lose 6 games.

You compared the 11 game season to the 13 game season. That makes it just as valid that the six losses are just as misleading as the seven wins in a 13 game season.

If you persist, I can bring up a lot more comparisons with O'Leary backed by facts. The ball is in your court.

Father Time

It makes no difference, you established the fact that with 13 games it was easier to win 7 games, it is also a fact it made it easier to lose 6 games.

You compared the 11 game season to the 13 game season. That makes it just as valid that the six losses are just as misleading as the seven wins in a 13 game season.

If you persist, I can bring up a lot more comparisons with O'Leary backed by facts. The ball is in your court.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">The record stands - ****13 games to get 7 wins! Not 11 - 13!

MsTA you're still missing my point. We have a season starting in a few weeks. I'm interested in talking about whether we have enought speed in the backfield, whether our receivers can separate from defenders, whether our young safeties can help on run support and still get back into coverage, whether we have the speed at CB to hold down the fort in blitz situations. All you want to do is bitch about Chan.

BTW, did you happen to consider that after spring practice Bilbo might have been the best QB we had? And that the arrival of the freshmen put a new light on the subject? IMO the Bilbo we saw in the SVB would be preferable to the Suggs we saw the rest of the year.

MsTA, by the same analysis, if it had been an 11 game season, Gailey would have had less chance to lose 6 games. If he had stopped at 11 games in 2002, his record would have been 7-4.

Father Time
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Ahso.. I started to post the same thing you did above.. but was afraid it would fly over a few of the font's heads.. you are right.. and I was too

Ahso - facts, are facts - seems to me you bring that statement here often - guess what? I don't find any loss easier but you seem to think Chan did? I agree wholeheartedly!!

Easier to lose 6 as to compared to what? Now, your finding the easy route to lose 6 for Chan and it's okay? How in the world the excuses come up for the reasons why he lost - is because it was EASY???

I guarantee you - when his lst year is put in the anals of the records held by all GT coaches - the only thing it will say is:

13 games played - 7 wins!

THERE WILL BE NO IFS ATTACHED TO THE WHY - that only for you! There will be no, "ahso said" because it really does not matter!

Back