Come On People.....

Originally posted by ncjacket:
MsTA you're still missing my point. We have a season starting in a few weeks. I'm interested in talking about whether we have enought speed in the backfield, whether our receivers can separate from defenders, whether our young safeties can help on run support and still get back into coverage, whether we have the speed at CB to hold down the fort in blitz situations. All you want to do is bitch about Chan.

BTW, did you happen to consider that after spring practice Bilbo might have been the best QB we had? And that the arrival of the freshmen put a new light on the subject? IMO the Bilbo we saw in the SVB would be preferable to the Suggs we saw the rest of the year.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Yes I did consider that - but wasn't it the illustrious Chan that said - ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN and freshmen would have the opportunity to grab them. If that's the case - I believe they always knew it wasn't going to be him, from last year to spring practice this year and told him that the QB spot was open. It would have done no justice to wait - all current QBs on campus were given the heads up - Chan said it himself!

They waited 3 MONTHS and it was wasted! We now have the current situaiton with players upset, a player hurt mentally and new kid under fire and two weeks wasted for the preparation of BYU! To have not made that move 3 months ago - makes me wonder after saying all positions were open - who's brain dead here?

Originally posted by ncjacket:
MsTA you're still missing my point. We have a season starting in a few weeks. I'm interested in talking about whether we have enought speed in the backfield, whether our receivers can separate from defenders, whether our young safeties can help on run support and still get back into coverage, whether we have the speed at CB to hold down the fort in blitz situations. All you want to do is bitch about Chan.

BTW, did you happen to consider that after spring practice Bilbo might have been the best QB we had? And that the arrival of the freshmen put a new light on the subject? IMO the Bilbo we saw in the SVB would be preferable to the Suggs we saw the rest of the year.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">New light on the subject - Chan had already said all positions were open after last season. The only new light was the bulb that went off 3 months too late - my goodness!

We've been talking about the QB position for almost 2 seasons and Dbo has been the subject here - are you telling me he wasn't the center of attention with the coaches all through the off-season and into spring practice? What was going to happen in less the 2 short weeks 8/1 - 8/10 that would make ANY DIFFERENCE? NOTHING as far as he was concerned.

I think they would have started Suggs first (not great either) but because he did get more time last season - that would have been where to go and let the freshmen come in and make their mark one way or the other.

This Dbo situation was handled very poorly from a player perspective, to the effect on the team, to allowing Damarius time for the insult to take effect and get ready for something different and the new kid on the block - Reggie Ball!

MsTA first of all who'se upset? Name names or at least give me a link. The articles I've seen are about Landry talking to Bilbo and helping him keep his head up. In fact, they said Bilbo was kind of liking WR so far.

Your scenario about knowing that they were going to make this move is pure speculation and fueled by your mistrust of Gailey. There is no evidence for it, it's just what you have chosen to believe.

I have no idea what you're trying to say in the last little bit of your post. Are you trying to say that Gailey knew he was going to pick a freshman? Even before he'd seen them play live against college players or knew 1) how much studying they had done of the playbook, or 2) whether they were in shape? No offense, but that doesn't even make sense.

MsTA, then Techs's record is 7-4 last year without the last two games instead of 7-6 and that is a fact. Remove the 12th and 13th games making it an ll game season, and the facts are the record is 7-4.

It is also fact O'Leary was 11-14 in his first 2 1/2 years without Friegden, no bowl games and and was 0-3 against UGA. He was also 7-6 in his last 13 games without Friegden with another loss to UGA. Even with Friegden, O'Leary's first 3 1/2 years was just 18-19, still a losing record for his first 3 1/2 years.

In all he was 18-20 without Friegden, 0-4 against UGA, and responsible for only one bowl game and quit before the bowl game, thank goodness!

He took a top ten preseason team with the arguably the best talent ever at GT and ran the team into the ground. The start of the great decline after Ralph was the 2001 season by George. He lost the last 3 out of 4 games in the 2001 season finishing very poorly.

Had George Godsey not been back for the 2001 season, it could have even been worse.

So, GOL-RF = 47% winning percentage.

I have some more figures and will post them next since you like comparisons. It will show the offensive and defensive statistics with Ralph and without Ralph during the GOL years. It is not a pretty picture.

Father Time

Ms,
this quote by you
How did this coaching staff NOT UNDERSTAND after spring practice that Dbo was not the guy?
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">and this quote by you
ALL POSITIONS ARE OPEN and freshmen would have the opportunity to grab them. If that's the case - I believe they always knew it wasn't going to be him
They waited 3 MONTHS and it was wasted!
The only new light was the bulb that went off 3 months too late - my goodness!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">show the utter cluelessness that you possess in regards to how a football team is run. No coach would ever give a release to who was going to probably be his starting QB three months before the arrival of the freshmen.

I can't believe that I or anyone else is taking the time to try to explain this. If you really see it this way (that is if you are not just blowing your horn and trying to keep stuff stirred) then you are worse off than I of late had judged you. Come on, Ms, you can't really believe this crap you are writing.

BTW, on the kicking game which you say suffered under Coach Gailey, Morehouse's average was slightly up and he pinned five more inside the twenty than he had the previous year.

Dykes' average was slightly down, but he pinned seven more inside the twenty than the year before.

Manget's average was up and the key improvement was his average from the 40 yard line in (from where the majority of field goals are attempted.)
He went from 70% in '01 to 100% in '02.

Your ASSESSMENT (from the perspective of a coach's wife, who was actually born in a huddle in the middle of a football game and immediately began analyzing the game on radio [FM not AM] and later placed fifth in her elementary's school field day punt, pass, and kick competition is wrong.

Originally posted by MsTechAnalysis:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by BarrelORum:
MSTA, I have two questions for you.
1.) Are any of your family members currently employed as football coaches?
2.) Are you currently employed by a paper or news periodical as a beat writer?

For what it's worth, you could tell me you were the daughter of Vince Lombardi himself, and I would still think you are a moron. You have no ability to comprehend anything much less analyze effectively the current status of our football program. Your credibility doesn't come from your pedigree it comes from the things you say and do.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I have come to the conclusion that the 'moron' label exists because you KNOW FIRST HAND!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">You are exactly right. I do know first hand. From reading your posts.

This is the stupidest thread I have ever wasted my time reading.

I'm so glad I've wasted 15 more seconds of my life writing this post.

The scenario you depict is completely devoid of logic. Bilbo was #1 coming out of spring practice because he was the best option of a bad set of options. I am sure Gailey, Nix, and Geis were not satisfied with Bilbo or Suggs play coming out of spring practice and left the job open. Reggie Ball has come in and shown he has the intangibles that make him the Qb and Bilbo is too talented on athlete to leave as a backup QB. Bilbo's problem at QB is summed up by this quote from Ralph Freigen "Quarterbacks are coached how to find receivers. There are things you can tell them to do, but a guy either has vision or he doesn't."

Having recently joined this forum, I have not had as much time as some to evaluate the posters on this board. But based on the messages I've read over the past month, it's clear that MsTA is not adding value to this forum.

At first, I read her messages as merely espousing her indignation at the disaster that we call the last two games of 2002-03. But after a few weeks of constant negativism, I began to question her self-proclaimed loyalty to my alma mater. And after a month, I'm convinced (as many others) that she is not a "true" fan of GT. Indeed, I doubt if she ever had any goodwill towards Ma Tech.

No one on this board or any other who is a true Tech fan thinks favorably about our games against UGA and Fresno. No one, least of all me, thinks that that Chan did a good job during those games. It was totally unacceptable to have our players give up as they did in that game and no one is going to disagree with that.

But, as a Tech fan, I am hopeful that we have a good year this year. I am hopeful that we made a good choice at hiring Chan. I am hopeful that our players will step up to the plate. I am hopeful for these things because I root for Tech.

I don't think anyone begrudges anyone else griping about things they don't like about the program, especially if it's an emotional response to something that just occurred. But come on, last season ended 8 months ago! Get over it and stop rehashing the same thing again and again. If you want to gripe about things, fine. But do it because you think it will help our program. Nothing in MsTA's posts so far even suggests that that is her underlying motivation. Her griping is too constant, too mean-spirited, too repetitive, and most importantly, too completely absent of positive remarks. How can you be a true Tech fan and not be at least excited about something (e.g., Reggie Ball, Bilbo as a WR, recruiting for 04, etc.)?

Don't revel in only the negative things. Otherwise you come off as a person who would rather Tech go without a win this year just so you can say "I told you so."

I know others have tried to explain this before, but I've tried to do it clearly and without derision (the key word being "tried").

MsTA, if you can take this post for what it's worth, then move on to making constructive comments about our program (with all the negative criticism you want). If not, the other posters on this board should ignore her. I know this will be extremely difficult (especially depending on how outrageous some comments can be), but that will keep each topic from being hijacked by the nay-sayers. It's much easier to ignore one or two posts than try to ignore 30.

Originally posted by Jack_it:
Having recently joined this forum, I have not had as much time as some to evaluate the posters on this board. But based on the messages I've read over the past month, it's clear that MsTA is not adding value to this forum.

At first, I read her messages as merely espousing her indignation at the disaster that we call the last two games of 2002-03. But after a few weeks of constant negativism, I began to question her self-proclaimed loyalty to my alma mater. And after a month, I'm convinced (as many others) that she is not a "true" fan of GT. Indeed, I doubt if she ever had any goodwill towards Ma Tech.

No one on this board or any other who is a true Tech fan thinks favorably about our games against UGA and Fresno. No one, least of all me, thinks that that Chan did a good job during those games. It was totally unacceptable to have our players give up as they did in that game and no one is going to disagree with that.

But, as a Tech fan, I am hopeful that we have a good year this year. I am hopeful that we made a good choice at hiring Chan. I am hopeful that our players will step up to the plate. I am hopeful for these things because I root for Tech.

I don't think anyone begrudges anyone else griping about things they don't like about the program, especially if it's an emotional response to something that just occurred. But come on, last season ended 8 months ago! Get over it and stop rehashing the same thing again and again. If you want to gripe about things, fine. But do it because you think it will help our program. Nothing in MsTA's posts so far even suggests that that is her underlying motivation. Her griping is too constant, too mean-spirited, too repetitive, and most importantly, too completely absent of positive remarks. How can you be a true Tech fan and not be at least excited about something (e.g., Reggie Ball, Bilbo as a WR, recruiting for 04, etc.)?

Don't revel in only the negative things. Otherwise you come off as a person who would rather Tech go without a win this year just so you can say "I told you so."

I know others have tried to explain this before, but I've tried to do it clearly and without derision (the key word being "tried").

MsTA, if you can take this post for what it's worth, then move on to making constructive comments about our program (with all the negative criticism you want). If not, the other posters on this board should ignore her. I know this will be extremely difficult (especially depending on how outrageous some comments can be), but that will keep each topic from being hijacked by the nay-sayers. It's much easier to ignore one or two posts than try to ignore 30.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Great first post. Post often!

I guarantee you - when his lst year is put in the anals of the records held by all GT coaches - the only thing it will say is:

13 games played - 7 wins!

THERE WILL BE NO IFS ATTACHED TO THE WHY - that only for you! There will be no, "ahso said" because it really does not matter!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">WHERE ARE THEY PUTTING THE RECORDS???? Sticking them where the sun don't shine? No if's, ands or "butts" about it. Right, Ms Yech?

laugh.gif

Originally posted by GetReal05:
Aguring over the internet to stupid either way you make yourself look like an A$$.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Keep on rockin' in the free world baby!

MsTA, by the same analysis, if it had been an 11 game season, Gailey would have had less chance to lose 6 games. If he had stopped at 11 games in 2002, his record would have been 7-4.

Father Time

MSTA, I have two questions for you.
1.) Are any of your family members currently employed as football coaches?
2.) Are you currently employed by a paper or news periodical as a beat writer?

For what it's worth, you could tell me you were the daughter of Vince Lombardi himself, and I would still think you are a moron. You have no ability to comprehend anything much less analyze effectively the current status of our football program. Your credibility doesn't come from your pedigree it comes from the things you say and do.

Hey guys! I had lunch with Mark Bradley the other day - remember now - you THINK I'm a dawg fan and this was an opportunity to give him the heads up on Chan and the Bilbo situation!

Needless-to-say, Mark totally agreed and proceeded to put it all down and write it in today's AJC! Unfortunately, I broke the story first here but am not a writer for the paper - wish I was - then watch out! I would critique Chan's every move - yes good and bad BECAUSE I am a fan. I have done it for all other GT coaches and no we did not have the internet but did it amongst ourselves. Times they have changed and we can now discuss it here!

Chan is now 'NO PLAN CHAN'! I'm just sorry I didn't give him that label first! You fellas are riled aren't you - it's only just begun!!

Hey guys! I had lunch with Mark Bradley the other day - remember now - you THINK I'm a dawg fan and this was an opportunity to give him the heads up on Chan and the Bilbo situation!

Needless-to-say, Mark totally agreed and proceeded to put it all down and write it in today's AJC! Unfortunately, I broke the story first here but am not a writer for the paper - wish I was - then watch out! I would critique Chan's every move - yes good and bad BECAUSE I am a fan. I have done it for all other GT coaches and no we did not have the internet but did it amongst ourselves. Times they have changed and we can now discuss it here!

Chan is now 'NO PLAN CHAN'! I'm just sorry I didn't give him that label first! You fellas are riled aren't you - it's only just begun!!
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">YAWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
bsmeter.gif

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Heavens to Murgatroid, we're doomed!
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by 83jacket:
The scenario you depict is completely devoid of logic. Bilbo was #1 coming out of spring practice because he was the best option of a bad set of options. I am sure Gailey, Nix, and Geis were not satisfied with Bilbo or Suggs play coming out of spring practice and left the job open. Reggie Ball has come in and shown he has the intangibles that make him the Qb and Bilbo is too talented on athlete to leave as a backup QB. Bilbo's problem at QB is summed up by this quote from Ralph Freigen "Quarterbacks are coached how to find receivers. There are things you can tell them to do, but a guy either has vision or he doesn't."
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'm probably more logical then a 'MAN WITHOUT A PLAY'!

And your point would be? No matter how much you attack Gailey your opinion about the handling the QB situation was way off base.

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">If Bradley listened to you then that just proves what we suspected all along. He's an idiot.

Back