Come On People.....

Get Real, Feel free to but when you do it, please offer your plan of change for the better if you were in charge. Otherwise it is an empty

If I can't ridicule you for your no answers stance on Chan, do you mind my ridicule of your inability to spell?
tongue.gif

Not taking sides but wondering...if we go 0-12 will all of you still be there to defend our coach? Think about that before you answer.

Now I personally don't care who the head coach is at Tech as long as he's getting the job done. I was cheering for Tech looong before CG and will be cheering, good Lord willing, long after Cg.

Hell, I just want Tech to WIN! Bottom line!

wtf.gif

Great question techjacket. Answering for myself only, I am not "sold" on Chan Gailey. If we get routed early in the year, and we look like we are poorly coached, I am of a much different mindset than I am now.

I am in his camp on 8/9. In my book he deserves a shot at improving upon 2002. If it weren't for Dave Braine's bullshit of the last year, I would probably not give him a second chance.

It looks to me that Chan saw how he was railroaded by Dave. Shame on Chan for letting it happen in the first place, but I am a softee at heart.
soapbox.gif

Originally posted by ncjacket:

MsTa how's about this.
The problem most of us have is you never post anything about our offensive schemes, or whether we can stretch the field with our WRs, the kicking game or anything of the sort. You just bitch about Chan. That's what starts the attacks.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very astute and accurate assessment !!

Techjacket, you will have a hard time finding anyone to defend Gailey if he falls on his face coaching the team this year.

I have not seen one poster state they are pulling for the coach because of "who he is" or "the faith of his religion". I have seen numerous posters state they are Tech fans and they are pulling for Tech and Chan to win because they are avid Tech fans.

Most of the posters think it is proper to give Chan this year to offer proof of his ability to lead the Tech football team.

If he fails to do this, you will probably have few fans in his corner, and that is the way it should be. However, he has not had the proper time to prove or disprove his ability at Tech as yet.

Father Time

Mtech..How bout attacking our Coach?? You attack and insult him every chance you get..And i repeat after ONLY ONE YEAR on the job.....

BW: Chan is A COACH! Every and i repeat every coach is evaluating by fans every day, year throughout this country from peewee, middle, hs, college and pros. HE IS A COACH!!!!!!!!!!

I said this before - you have inflamed me on a personal note and do not know me from Adam! I have said nothing personal about Chan but I have evaluating his coaching.

If you want to evaluate me in the professional position I hold that's one thing - but personal is crap!!!!! You are taking this PERSONALLY for him. I'm not.

He is having to do a job and that's all this has ever been. You have tried to ridicule and abuse me personally and I find NO RESPECT FOR YOU!

Originally posted by ncjacket:
MsTa how's about this. Next time we have a nice little thread going about being excited about the season, the new QB, the coaching staff, etc. etc. etc., how about staying the @(*$&)@ out of it. That way nobody will hear your negativity and we won't feel the need to respond. And when you and BeeBad and Driver and bdg do your negative threads I'll stay away from them. Deal?

The problem most of us have is you never post anything about our offensive schemes, or whether we can stretch the field with our WRs, the kicking game or anything of the sort. You just bitch about Chan. That's what starts the attacks.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I'll start talking about the x's and o's when Chan does his job AND WE HAVE SOMETHING DECENT TO TALK ABOUT - with the thin gold line the way it is now, what's there to talk about? And, the evaluations are about a damn football game, a program and it's coach - not nuclear war and someone killing someone's else mother, father or family member!

Get a life - this is a GAME, that's all and it's about a coach who in his first year is soooo overpaid - GT is being cheated for its non return on investment!!

And NCJ - until somebody other then you tells me that I can't come here any more or post anywhere on this board - your dreamworld of where I should post and what I should say is 'in your dreams'!!! I chose not to muzzle anyone who disagrees with me on this coach or ask them to leave or not post in a thread, but all of you "in your fair play mode" want it that way!

There are two sides to every story - you have one and we have the other - that's fair!

Originally posted by LLCoolJacket:
Get Real, Feel free to bitch but when you do it, please offer your plan of change for the better if you were in charge. Otherwise it is an empty bitch.

If I can't ridicule you for your no answers stance on Chan, do you mind my ridicule of your inability to spell?
tongue.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">READ, READ WHAT GETREAL SAID, two opinions but why call each other names - nothing else, nothing more. How simple is that and making something more of it is wanting a fight! A poster comes on and says it so simply and clear, now lets start something more!!!

Have a side but don't kill each other by demeaning, that's what it says and that's all it says - DAMN!!!!

Originally posted by jacketguy:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Originally posted by ncjacket:

MsTa how's about this.
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Very astute and accurate assessment !!</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Jacket

Assessment - good word, I have assessed the state of the program and due to things beyond my control - the x's and o's part of the equation have suffered great defeciencies due to the current coaching staff and the history set forth by this staff in 2002!

I see a very, very conservative/vanilla offense based on the loss of many players and lack of coaching abiility. I see a defense that will have everything on their shoulders and will do their best to keep us in each game but will have to much weight of the game on them to endure the stress of making it happen.

I see linebackers who can make plays - but I see a defensive line smaller and less talented then before academics took hold of it. I see a new defensive backfield with one returning starter but talent. I see a learning process with no time to learn. I see less depth because of academics - I see great harm. To which I blame the coach - know what the hell is going with your kids, so you can field your product! Know what they are doing at all times - they are why you are here!

I see offensive lines outweighing us, with more experience, better coaching and depth. I see on the offensive side of the ball a mish/mash of coaches trying to come together as one = it's called a Coordinator but there are three!

I see teams taking advantage of each one of our weaknesses starting with our Head Coach! You want to talk x's and o's - under the conditions we are about to play in and with - talking x's and o's almost seems hard to comprehend after having to deal with the above!

I see freshmen HAVING to play, not because they are the better of the group but because there are less of the group - due to academics! I see less recruits redshirted because of this - not good. I see a numbers game hurting this whole team because someone who heads the program didn't have the brains to know he is responsible for his product no matter the AD, find out what and make it happen!

I see a future due to all of the above with questions and no answers because everyone wants to put it on someone other the man who was hired to make sure all of the above never came to fruition!! You want to talk x's and o's - when we have something decent to talk about! Lining up use to be fun to discuss - under these conditions - what's there to say!

Ms Tech..

There is one thing that you and I agree on.. the fact that everyone is entitled to an opinion.. so here is mine...

In my opinion, you wouldnt know an "X and O" if it hit you in the face.

In my opinion, you do not have the capacity to assess the program, and that is not meant as a flame, I only mean that from what I have read from your posts, it is evident that you know little of what really goes on, and that you know very little about the game of football. You are very good on Tech football history, but bring little else to the board besides dumping on the program, and talking about your season tickets .... I probably know more about the history of UGA football than most Georgia fans.. but that certainly doesnt make me a Georgia fan...

In my opinion, the kids dont need you in the stands.. in my opinion, if they read your posts, they wouldnt want you there.

In my opinion, you bring nothing to this board. Show me one thread where you have brought information to the board. Usually, it is how you "feel"... well, I am sorry, I could care less how you "feel" .. and that is not meant as a flame..

In my opinion, you are not a Tech fan at all. Not because you dont like Gailey.. there is nothing wrong with that... but to make a statement that you have seen nothing that will give you reason to post in a positive manner is a slam not only to the coaches, but the kids as well.. why dont you meet me at practice next week.. I will be more than happy to point out the positive if you like.. it may just change your opinion.

This is a Georgia Tech Board... in my opinion, you and a few of the others should start a message board on FireGailey.com... you would be more at home, more in line with the topics you like to discuss.

And it has nothing to do with wearing gold glasses as you like to put it.. some people just see a little more clearly than you do.. again, thats my opinion..

And I would like to second BOR's first opinion and third jacketguy's opinion.

If you can't find anything positive in August that is sad.

Anyone who attends the games realizes that winning isn't the only reason to enjoy GT football. As painful as it is to tyope, I suggest concentrating on the other positive aspects of the Gameday experience.

Gailey was handed a timebomb in a beautifully wrapped box with a pretty bow. That timebomb was not diffused and now Gaily is starting about where O'Leary did.

Back then we savored every win; we didn't 'expect' them or take them for granted.

Originally posted by GetReal05:
I have been comeing on this board and seeing what people have to say about CG/football team in general...(good or bad)...And one thing that has made me upset is the fact that someone can not express there feelings about CG or the football team. I for one do not like CG, never did and just because i dont like him does not mean you need to ridicule me for that (I do not have to like/support the coach to be a "true Ga Tech fan"). Thats my opinion and i have the right to have one!

Someone mentioned that players/recruits read these boards...give me a break and if they do read these boards so what. Either way they will find out things in the end...

And before i leave about this name calling...GROW UP. Aguring over the internet to stupid either way you make yourself look like an A$$. Just because someone might not have the same views has you, you call them a name...please how ridiculous can you be.
soapbox.gif
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">Moron...

Ms Tech..

There is one thing that you and I agree on.. the fact that everyone is entitled to an opinion.. so here is mine...

In my opinion, you do not have the capacity to assess the program, and that is not meant as a flame, I only mean that from what I have read from your posts, it is evident that you know little of what really goes on, and that you know very little about the game of football. You are very good on Tech football history, but bring little else to the board besides dumping on the program, and talking about your season tickets .... I probably know more about the history of UGA football than most Georgia fans.. but that certainly doesnt make me a Georgia fan...

In my opinion, the kids dont need you in the stands.. in my opinion, if they read your posts, they wouldnt want you there.

In my opinion, you bring nothing to this board. Show me one thread where you have brought information to the board. Usually, it is how you "feel"... well, I am sorry, I could care less how you "feel" .. and that is not meant as a flame..

In my opinion, you are not a Tech fan at all. Not because you dont like Gailey.. there is nothing wrong with that... but to make a statement that you have seen nothing that will give you reason to post in a positive manner is a slam not only to the coaches, but the kids as well.. why dont you meet me at practice next week.. I will be more than happy to point out the positive if you like.. it may just change your opinion.

This is a Georgia Tech Board... in my opinion, you and a few of the others should start a message board on FireGailey.com... you would be more at home, more in line with the topics you like to discuss.

And it has nothing to do with wearing gold glasses as you like to put it.. some people just see a little more clearly than you do.. again, thats my opinion..
<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">In my opinion, I agree with YOUR opinion.

Ms Tech..

<font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Sans-Serif">I come from a family of football players and coaches and eventually married one, guess I learned nothing in all those years because YOU love Chan and can't see what's in front of you and you can't stand what my opinion is!

I covered football in high school and became an excellent writer and correspondent for my home town paper as well as the editor of the sports section of my high school paper. I covered football, basketball, hockey and baseball. I worked for a Boston radio station in college - on a weekend sports talk show covering all sports current and past WHILE gatherinG information and histories for the MC - Jim Myers! And this was not an AM station it was 150K watts fm - WBZ radio.

I considered sports journalism as a vocation in the early years because I did know x's and o's and how the games were played and as well relating to sports personalities, coaches and players. I had opportunties to interview and gather information from various sports personalities, franchises and schools (college and high school) because of the background I had and what I knew!

Saying I don't know x's and o's is an opinion you have based on your ill feelings of where I stand only! I have never stated my background here - but it was time to INFORM you - BECAUSE YOU HAVE LITTLE KNOWLEDGE of what I know!

What I see happening here and my support for this school and it sports programs is first, my disection and assessment of what is going on around the program and on the field comes from all of the above and more!

The kids need fans period!! You allianating the fan base is more of a problem by saying don't go then me commenting on who the coach is!

And what you consider a fan is your opinion - fan is caring in spite of - guess what, in spite of Chan and the program hurting - I'm still a fan. If I could be there in the stands at 1-10, 1-9-1 with 18,000 and lots of boo birds, I can be there now.

And as an ex-player YOU HAVE TO KNOW that there are many, many ex-players who differ from your opinion. I can't imagine you don't know that! In any case - you be the fan you want to be and I'll continue to be the fan I've always been!!

Mtech...you sound very much like Bark Madley at the ajc..Do you help him on his pieces ??

Thanks for your hilarious post Ms Tech.. I always enjoy humor ... especially on a Monday..

And I stand by my opinion.. the kids dont need you in the stands, and Tech doesnt need you in the stands... and I cant imagine why you would want to be there anyway, you would be much better suited to sit in the stands for UGA..

Back