Concerned

When was the last time we were successful running strictly a "pro style" offense?

I go back to '90 so the great Tech teams I know all ran some option stuff.

Just wondering. What do you old dudes got?

I'm going to guess it was with Curry in 1985. We had that one good year where we went 9-2-1 with a win the All American Bowl. We had mediocre seasons on both sides of that one; but we had a great defense under Don Lindsey.

Pro-style offense? Lol!!! We will forever be some type of spread team from here on

Mods, plz sticky this thread.

Also, lock every other thread. We're done here.

Getsoupy tries hard, but he's a harmless troll who trys to convey an image of himself much wittier than he probably actually is. I don't always like BOR but I bet his oldass would teach getsoupy a lesson in respect. I'm still very much in CPJ's corner fwiw, I dont think we can truly judge him till we see his "prototypical" qb in the syestem a couple years.. yes I mean Vad the Impaler Lee

[y]CFsZ971zAks[/y]

You win the whole entire internets, all of them, for that contribution to this thread.

Everyone else, pack up and go home. Get some rest, start again in the morning, there is nothing else you can do here tonight.

You win the whole entire internets, all of them, for that contribution to this thread.

Everyone else, pack up and go home. Get some rest, start again in the morning, there is nothing else you can do here tonight.

not enough blood, imo.

Getsoupy tries hard, but he's a harmless troll who trys to convey an image of himself much wittier than he probably actually is. I don't always like BOR but I bet his oldass would teach getsoupy a lesson in respect. I'm still very much in CPJ's corner fwiw, I dont think we can truly judge him till we see his "prototypical" qb in the syestem a couple years.. yes I mean Vad the Impaler Lee

the problem is he has a QB

sitting, waiting, wishing

the problem is he has a QB

sitting, waiting, wishing

The kid just started his second full year in the program! Christ stop it already. This year we werent going to be world beaters. CPJ failed to recruit a decent QB recruit until his third year in recruiting. That's our problem. That and we have little to no money to be competitive in hiring great assistants. So we have rejects like Sewak who knows the system enough to stay but knows he's just ollecting a check and doesn't do ----.
Next season is the coming to Jesus season for PJ. If we don't see players at key positions on offense and solid QB play, he's gonna have a hard time staying past year 6. Chan Gailey was fired because he couldn't get us over the 7-6 hump. A large part of that is because he failed to recruit and develop a QB. I tnd to think PJ has done an admirable job since the Vad Lee recruitment that he is finally putting some talent back there. But it's going to be next year before we see it.

All the other bitching about lack of talent is just that. We have talent all over that defense. That's why Saturday hurt so bad. I think PJ has finally recruited good olineman, they're just young. Certainly they are better than Gailey's.

Our problem is assistant coaching, a defensive scheme that we have a hard time running, and the fact that PJ missed on the most important position until his third full year.

It isn't the offensive system, the talent, or in my opinion the head coach.

Back