Concerned

The kid just started his second full year in the program! Christ stop it already. This year we werent going to be world beaters. CPJ failed to recruit a decent QB recruit until his third year in recruiting. That's our problem. That and we have little to no money to be competitive in hiring great assistants. So we have rejects like Sewak who knows the system enough to stay but knows he's just ollecting a check and doesn't do ----.
Next season is the coming to Jesus season for PJ. If we don't see players at key positions on offense and solid QB play, he's gonna have a hard time staying past year 6. Chan Gailey was fired because he couldn't get us over the 7-6 hump. A large part of that is because he failed to recruit and develop a QB. I tnd to think PJ has done an admirable job since the Vad Lee recruitment that he is finally putting some talent back there. But it's going to be next year before we see it.
Wouldn't it buy him a year to stick Vad there now?

Wouldn't it buy him a year to stick Vad there now?

I respect any coach who rather win now. But I'd still like to see Lee but it seems the coaching staff is either slow playing him or they made him out to be something he isn't. Maybe he's just not ready which is understandable. We re 4 games into his second year.

Our problem is assistant coaching, a defensive scheme that we have a hard time running, and the fact that PJ missed on the most important position until his third full year.

It isn't the offensive system, the talent, or in my opinion the head coach.

Isn't assistant coaching, Patrick Nix, part of the reason that Gailey was fired? The buck stops at the top. As well as recruiting qb's? It is the head coach. He, like Gailey has made questionable decisions on starting qb, assistant coaches, and game calls (packing it in with a lead). I'm not attacking him, but he has made some of the same choices that we attacked Gailey on and somehow CPJ is given a pass.

I respect any coach who rather win now. But I'd still like to see Lee but it seems the coaching staff is either slow playing him or they made him out to be something he isn't. Maybe he's just not ready which is understandable. We re 4 games into his second year.

you know what BOR...the more I listen to what is being said around the program...and the more I watch the hesitation around playing Vad more than they have....it makes me believe they really do like Justin Thomas better because he is more pure in the base offense that CPJ is comfortable calling.

you know what BOR...the more I listen to what is being said around the program...and the more I watch the hesitation around playing Vad more than they have....it makes me believe they really do like Justin Thomas better because he is more pure in the base offense that CPJ is comfortable calling.

The reason I am hopeful for Vad is the installation of the pistol. Simply running our base offense ain't gonna cut it.

Friedgen ran a Multiple Offense mixed in with some triple option and it was quite obviously badass.

Notice what happens when defenses have a LONG time to prepare for the option?

See VT game this year. First series. First play. We run the dive. The freaking dive? You don't think they practiced for that ----, CPJ? The second play. Option to the right? You don't think they practiced for that either? Okay. Third play. The freaking dive AGAIN? Jesus Christ Almighty.

If we had opened up in the pistol or simply throwing out of the triple option we could have perhaps opened something up. CPJ's playcalling in the VT game was pure dog crap.

I put that loss more on him than the Miami game. The Miami game was a complete Murphy's Law meltdown, the likes of which I've never seen before.

I realize it's taboo to bring up anything negative regarding our program but we have serious questions and concerns. First, I don't expect a national championship run(unfortunately)

Defense: we are long way until we recruit the necessary athletes to make Groh's 3-4 work. Can we compete for those athletes as weve seen many programs shift to this scheme.

Offense: I realize CPJ has won everywhere with his offense. It works (sometime!). We've now seen this enough! Until we transition to a more pro style offense, I guess my expectations will continue to be.....well....bleak!!!

:bigcry:

It's always good to start your first game, and your most important conference road game, with a play package you just installed over the summer. That's likely the best way to start a game. Stick to your god ---- X-Box. I bet you wanted us to run the statue of liberty on the second series...

It's always good to start your first game, and your most important conference road game, with a play package you just installed over the summer. That's likely the best way to start a game. Stick to your god ---- X-Box. I bet you wanted us to run the statue of liberty on the second series...

We have started MULTIPLE games with the pass. I was expecting CPJ to do the same, not run the stupid dive play with Perkins who "you just" named as starter that week.

Quit being a dick, too btw.

I know we started other games with the pass (but all from under center, and not very often in road games), but I don't think that was the proper environment to get cutesie.

I'm sorry for being dick-like, but frankly you should look in the mirror with some of your comments. I think discounting the 1-on-1 plays the VPI made time after time and just chalking it all up to poor play-calling does a disservice to the job Bud Foster and the VPI defensive players did in that game.

I was pretty confident we'd open up with the pass simply because of the ENORMOUS amount of time Bud had to get his guys ready for triple option plays. CPJ played it conservative as hell because he wanted to see if he could get anything against Bud running his basic stuff. I get it. But I didn't like and I'm still bitter-beer face about it.

..but we had a great defense under Don Lindsey.

Wha??? We had a great defense at TECH?? Everyone knows with our academic limitations we can never get enough good players to have a great defense! Whacha talkin about, Willis?!?

Wha??? We had a great defense at TECH?? Everyone knows with our academic limitations we can never get enough good players to have a great defense! Whacha talkin about, Willis?!?

pre-flunkgate.

And also during "exceptions allowed", well a few anyway. And, a few makes a beeg diff. Without em, we have no football legacy post late 60s.

lol! pro-style offense solving our bowl loss streak, miami loss streak, and georgia loss streak? didnt we try this already with gailey? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

gailey
2-4 against bowls where teams have more than a week to prepare (including 2 losses to fresno state and wins over tulsa and cuse)
0-6 against uga (including a 52-7 loss)
1-2 against miami

whereas cpj
0-4 against bowls (with a loss to afa)
1-3 against uga
1-4 against miami

lol! pro-style offense solving our bowl loss streak, miami loss streak, and georgia loss streak? didnt we try this already with gailey? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

gailey
2-4 against bowls where teams have more than a week to prepare (including 2 losses to fresno state and wins over tulsa and cuse)
0-6 against uga (including a 52-7 loss)
1-2 against miami

whereas cpj
0-4 against bowls (with a loss to afa)
1-3 against uga
1-4 against miami

Actually I think Gailey was 2-2 against Miami. I thought we had won three in a row.

The reason I am hopeful for Vad is the installation of the pistol. Simply running our base offense ain't gonna cut it.

Justin ran spread option out of shotgun in high school....he has been working hard before he ever got to campus on taking snaps under center....and on throwing the ball.

He has a personal QB coach in the offseason...he is a smart kid that comes from a family with means to provide special mentoring.

He has a personal QB coach in the offseason...he is a smart kid that comes from a family with means to provide special mentoring.

I don't think you realize what you have just done.

Vad is doomed already on StingTalk.

Back