Concerned

And also during "exceptions allowed", well a few anyway. And, a few makes a beeg diff. Without em, we have no football legacy post late 60s.

a lot of truth in that...all 9 HC's since Bobby Dodd have a losing record against UGA and even Dodd lost his last 3 against them.

The modern era of big NFL money and the onset of ESPN bling has changed the view. In the 50's schools like Tech, Brown, Rice, etc. were high ranked teams.

Back to something we can affect...the exceptions things is almost meaningless at this point because we have to keep them eligibile and graduate them. The APR put in by the NCAA (post-O'Leary) has changed everything...they not only have to stay eligible...they have to be making progress toward graduation or you lose scholarships.

To compound matters...since our core four disciplines are engineering, science, computers, and management..we have nowhere to hide athletes and not a broad curriculum to attract them. CPJ will tell you if he could have anything he wanted...it would be more majors at GT like Communications, Education, etc....even if we stay away from popular SEC majors like P.E., Sports History, African-American History, etc.

He said there are enough athletes out there with good grades to go grab...but you also have to hope they find a major they like. Its a double-edged sword with good student-athletes because if they are smart enough to make good grades they are also more likely to care about their major.

All said....we can do better...but we also have to different in doing so. We can play better football..it is just harder.

I don't think you realize what you have just done.

Vad is doomed already on StingTalk.

:rotfl:

You are probably right huh! Everyone does tend to take every comment to an extreme on ANY message board.

Vad may be the next guy...imho I would not count Justin Thomas out though.

Justin ran spread option out of shotgun in high school....he has been working hard before he ever got to campus on taking snaps under center....and on throwing the ball.

He has a personal QB coach in the offseason...he is a smart kid that comes from a family with means to provide special mentoring.

He'll make an excellent backup to Adam Choice.

I was pretty confident we'd open up with the pass simply because of the ENORMOUS amount of time Bud had to get his guys ready for triple option plays. CPJ played it conservative as hell because he wanted to see if he could get anything against Bud running his basic stuff. I get it. But I didn't like and I'm still bitter-beer face about it.

The 2nd play was a pass. Had Orwin open at the sticks. Threw a dump off to Godhigh, incomplete. Can't remember if it would've been successful if caught.

Back