Corn Elder

You can't give him a basketball scholarship and let him play football. If CBG gives him a BB-only scholarship, it's because he thinks he's worth it purely for basketball.

As for skills, Charlie Ward did just fine at basketball and football too.

I know that. What they are suggesting is offer him a bball scholly just to get him on campus and enrolled so we have more time to sway him to play football. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. If he does then it'll free up the bball scholly and take a football scholly. But of he doesn't want to play football then we have to honor it even if he's not CBGs guy. That's what I don't want.

I know that. What they are suggesting is offer him a bball scholly just to get him on campus and enrolled so we have more time to sway him to play football. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. If he does then it'll free up the bball scholly and take a football scholly. But of he doesn't want to play football then we have to honor it even if he's not CBGs guy. That's what I don't want.

I don't think the issue is his desire to play B-Ball. He wants to play B-Ball more than he wants to play football. The question is does he want to play ACC B-Ball bad enough to have to play football to get it?

I can't wait to see everyone lose their öööö when this guy commits to Memphis.

Our offensive issues this past season against most of these teams were usually due to perimeter blocking, and not being able to stand up athletic LB'ers on the edge or hold up CB's. Why would putting bad blockers on the field improve our ability to block on the perimeter?

+1. I'm all for putting the best playmakers on the field but we are asking for death wish if we dont have guys that can somewhat block.

Thought it would nice to see a diagram of what some of our plays would look like this spring/fall

Niner1.png

images

pistol-formation_620px.jpg
[/IMG]

Don't be so naive. For every long gain by a ball carrier, there's another player that made a critical downfield block. Just because you don't see it on the TV doesn't mean the block didn't happen.

You think Orwin's 95 yard TD run against Kansas in 2011 was because Orwin was just that fast? :rotfl:

Did you read what I just wrote? I said that blocking is important. Orwin wasnt a great blocker but he was a difference maker. Elder doesn't have to be a great blocker to be really good.

Dude, that's just a dumbass statement. BYU and FSU were top 5 defenses nationally. We played like crap against them by our standards, but really we did just as well against them as most other teams did. The UGA game was just an all-around debacle.

The O needs to improve if we want to be an elite team, but it's pretty öööö good already, especially with our talent level.

Not saying I don't agree with you. But we couldn't score against VT or USC either.

This is a thread about an offensive recruit and how he might fit into our offense. So I make a comment about our offense needing to improve and there's always that person that chimes in about the defense and how our offense can do no wrong. Is our offense the biggest point of concern? Absolutely not. But it's not perfect and needs a lot of work.

Not saying I don't agree with you. But we couldn't score against VT or USC either.

This is a thread about an offensive recruit and how he might fit into our offense. So I make a comment about our offense needing to improve and there's always that person that chimes in about the defense and how our offense can do no wrong. Is our offense the biggest point of concern? Absolutely not. But it's not perfect and needs a lot of work.

The weakness against VT or USC wasn't on the skill players, it's on the big uglies up front.

Man.. This guy hasn't even committed to Tech yet and you guys already have him being the missing piece that saves out football program next year. If he does commit to us, he will be redshirted next year (as CPJ always does) and possibly hit the field the year after. :biggrin:

Man.. This guy hasn't even committed to Tech yet and you guys already have him being the missing piece that saves out football program next year.If he does commit to us, he will be redshirted next year (as CPJ always does) and possibly hit the field the year after. :biggrin:

Please quote the comment where anyone said anything close to this. And if he does commit I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that he would redshirt. Bostic played AB as a true frosh. Not a difficult position to learn and we don't have a lot of talent there.

Please quote the comment where anyone said anything close to this. And if he does commit I wouldn't say it's a guarantee that he would redshirt. Bostic played AB as a true frosh. Not a difficult position to learn and we don't have a lot of talent there.

I was being sarcastic but if you want to take me serious, by all means go ahead.

Nothing is guaranteed, but more than likely he would redshirt. Bostic is about the only RB one that played as a true fresh under CPJ.

I was being sarcastic but if you want to take me serious, by all means go ahead.

Nothing is guaranteed, but more than likely he would redshirt. Bostic is about the only RB one that played as a true fresh under CPJ.

I was just messing with you. But he would probably be the most talented AB PJ has recruited and with a position that is pretty weak, I'd say he would have a very good shot of playing.

I can't imagine Gregory giving a scholarship as a favor so a kid can play another sport in two years.

I can't imagine Gregory giving a scholarship as a favor so a kid can play another sport in two years.

Agreed.

The scholly has to go the football program I thought

It does IF he plays football. This whole conversation is occurring because someone suggested offering him the bball scholarship which would guarantee his spot on the bball team instead of him having to walk on.

Its not realistic in the least so we've already given it too much of our attention.

Someone in the Ajc comments seems to think Corn's mom is moving to Atlanta soon. Pretty reliable source IMO... anyone have a credible source to that effect?

Man.. This guy hasn't even committed to Tech yet and you guys already have him being the missing piece that saves out football program next year. If he does commit to us, he will be redshirted next year (as CPJ always does) and possibly hit the field the year after. :biggrin:

Too many People on here choose to live in fantasy land rather than reality. They tend to forget this is a GT football, not Star Trek.

Back