Corn Elder

correct. He was hyphenating two words to form an adjective. He did not use an em dash or an en dash, nor would it have been correct to use either.

his reference to his lack of em dash using was in a different post. Not in reference to his use of "Ph. D.-holding."

What the hell is the difference?

typical uses:

hyphen combines words: Brother-in-law
en dash denotes duration: Monday–Thursday
em dash used to insert an "interjection" of sorts into a sentence:
My dad—you'll never believe this—just crashed his corvette into a tree.

Last edited:
Jesus this is silly. Compared to 99% of student athlete tweets out there, Vad's stuff reads like Shakespeare. As the ONLY poster on here who is a Ph.D.-holding English professor, I am kindly asking that you all "settle down, Francis."

You'd think someone with a PHD would at least get a quote correct. What's your PHD in? :BFD:

So what's the deal with Elder?

He's choosing between basketball only at Purdue or both basketball and football with us. I think he is holding out to see if he gets any more pure basketball offers. We are looking good.

He's choosing between basketball only at Purdue or both basketball and football with us. I think he is holding out to see if he gets any more pure basketball offers. We are looking good.

We should, some of the other schools have filled all of their scholarships.

We should, some of the other schools have filled all of their scholarships.
CPJ is a brilliant strategist...what a ööööing genius, thank God we didn't sign all our scholraship spots.

Back