Corn Elder

He's choosing between basketball only at Purdue or both basketball and football with us. I think he is holding out to see if he gets any more pure basketball offers. We are looking good.

Why would we want someone who dislikes football that much?

technically what he wrote was a hyphen.

This is an en dash –

This is a hyphen -

this is an em dash —

Huh, did not know that.

In seriousness though en and em dashes are rarely used online because they are not ASCII characters. So it may not be wrong to use a hyphen as JacketFan77 did. Usually I use two hyphens and no surrounding spaces for an em dash.

Because he would be the most electric A-back we've ever had?

I don't know. If someone dislikes football so much that he's basically using it to get on a basketball team, what makes you think he'll take practice, conditioning, and other aspects of the sport serious? It seems like a big red flag to me.

why, again, do we think he DISLIKES football? He likes basketball more... OK. I like baseball more than football. But I don't dislike football.

Is he looking at playing 2 sports here? But not at Purdue? Did they scrap their football team?

why, again, do we think he DISLIKES football? He likes basketball more... OK. I like baseball more than football. But I don't dislike football.

+1. The seasons overlap, and there is really no way to give 100% to basketball if he is on a football scholarship. Fortunately, he seems to be mature enough to understand what is involved in the decision. He's a competitor and I don't think he'll be a slacker if he ends up playing football.

Is he looking at playing 2 sports here? But not at Purdue? Did they scrap their football team?

I've wondered the same thing. Their football coach must be a worse recruiter than CPJ. They did sign a very similar, smallish RB so maybe they don't want 2.

The X-factor here is FSU. They clearly missed a few targets on signing day and have open spots. Hopefully he's not interested...

They may not want him or they dont have any more football scholarships to give.(football is higher revenue so he takes up a football scholarship not basketball if he plays both)

They signed 24 football players this year

They always seem to have those type guys. I would KILL to have a Peter warrick at AB.

Imagine having JT, and elder at a-back and snoddy at B-back with Lee at QB out of the pistol. We would certainly have the speed to score on pretty much anyone. We can call it the pistol track meet set

Why would we want someone who dislikes football that much?

Do you think CPJ hasn't made it clear about what his expectations would be if he came to GT on a football scholarship. You can bank on the following conditions (that CPJ enforces on all multiple sport players):

1. You can only play basketball if your grades are good.

2. You can only play basketball if it does not affect your football performance.

He is deciding what sport to focus on and if he comes to GT you can be sure that decision is football. I predict he will play on the basketball team for a couple years and then give it up when he rides the bench the whole time.

Last edited:
If you haven't watched this kid's highlight videos, you're missing something special. His vision and wiggle are better than anyone I've seen on Tech's current team. Many of you might not know also that his team has won 3 state championships with him as the lead running back on them.

If you haven't watched this kid's highlight videos, you're missing something special. His vision and wiggle are better than anyone I've seen on Tech's current team. Many of you might not know also that his team has won 3 state championships with him as the lead running back on them.

Impressive, and he would be a perfect fit at "A" even to my untrained eye.

Back