CPJ Mad Bro

I think he was proud that we had an offense like the triple that could run almost 3 minutes off the clock without getting a first down therefore keeping the score low.

Nope. Just pointing out to a poster that CPJ didn't face the worst or only bad UGA teams.

Nope. Just pointing out to a poster that CPJ didn't face the worst or only bad UGA teams.
David Greene holds the record for most wins in UGAg history as a starter and at one point held that record in the NCAA.

David Greene holds the record for most wins in UGAg history as a starter and at one point held that record in the NCAA.

I remember the Greene & Pollack love feast. I don't remember them playing for a National Championship. I also remember O'leary splitting town after Richt's first year.

I remember the Greene & Pollack love feast. I don't remember them playing for a National Championship. I also remember O'leary splitting town after Richt's first year.
UGAg under Richt likely would have made the playoffs several times.

Sorry but this is ridiculous. Johnson quit because he knew his system was toast between rule changes and lack of recruiting. Collins took over a team without a QB. How many above .500 teams can anyone beat without a QB let alone all the other issues this team had.

In 2008 we played a Safety at QB and did ok with it. Auburn won the 2013 SEC Championship with a CB playing QB. Maybe instead of crying about the roster every year you guys should take a glance at the coordinators.

UGAg under Richt likely would have made the playoffs several times.

I guess you are making some sort of counter argument; but I am not following you at all. I agree that Richt had good UGA teams and that Richt was an obvious improvement over Goff and Donnan.

2008 had top ten all time Tech players at almost every position. You could argue he had the greatest RB, DE, and S in Tech history.

We had really good players at those positions. But, the Swillings, Marco Coleman, Robert Lavette and Eddie Lee Ivery are some names that were likely better. There were good athletes on the 2008 team. But CPJ had to facilitate some amazing transitions to his system - Nesbitt to option QB, Dwyer running with a hand in the ground, OL firing out low, teaching the A backs a unique position, and getting WR’s to block frequently.

Supporting Collins and arguing he has faced some big issues in transition, getting talent to suit his system, and COVID is legitimate. But, there is no value in defending him by denigrating Coach Johnson. Coach Johnson should be evaluated on what his teams accomplished. The same is true of Coach Collins. I hope he will be very successful. But diminishing Coach Johnson’s early success by saying he had such great talent and blaming him for losses now is unnecessary and only alieanates some in the Tech family.

Tone setting wins. Something like beating #10 USC in ‘88, #14 Maryland in ‘95, or #15 FSU in ‘08.
Then it's time to make a choice. Here are your options:

1. Accept CGC is coach and see if his recruiting can produce decent results.
2. Whine like a middle school girl.

There is no question. Gibbs is already a better talent than CPJ ever brought here.

CPJ would have been nowhere near as successful if he had inherited the same talent he left CGC with.

There is no question. Gibbs is already a better talent than CPJ ever brought here.

CPJ would have been nowhere near as successful if he had inherited the same talent he left CGC with.
We beat the #9 team in the country when we sucked as bad as the last two years.

Your list of options is way too short.

3. Continue to blame any losses on CPJ, COVID, roster, fans, whatever....
4. Accept the roster has been nearly flipped and expect a winning season this coming year. Excuses won't be necessary.

Your list of options is way too short.

3. Continue to blame any losses on CPJ, COVID, roster, fans, whatever....
4. Accept the roster has been nearly flipped and expect a winning season this coming year. Excuses won't be necessary.
3) first season definitely on CPJ. Our S&C did what they could. Last season was bizarre, but we were still overmatched. This season is on CGC

I remember the 08 Peach Bowl where it seemed like he tried to do that. Nesbitt ended up with something like 25 passing attempts which was way more than we saw before or after that. Of course, LSU's defense was legit and we were shut down. But it seemed like after than CPJ was content to just run the ball because we were having so much success with it. Once other teams caught up to it, we never had a QB who had a decent enough arm to incorporate the passing elements he ran at Hawaii outside of Vad and JT5.

CPJ never recovered from the Vad Lee Experiments.

2008 had top ten all time Tech players at almost every position. You could argue he had the greatest RB, DE, and S in Tech history.
Deamryius Thomas was also an incredible WR.

He was definitely the best blocking WR since Gailey, and was a great catcher as well. His only downside was he would occasionally drop crucial catches (something that followed him in the NFL) and I often wonder how much of that was because of not playing in a more pass friendly offense, where he would have had many more opportunities to make critical catches in a game than he had in entire seasons at Tech.

Back