CPJ: Vad "light years ahead" than expected

"Does he do everything right? No,” Johnson said. “He still drops snaps, he still makes freshman mistakes. But you can see that there’s a lot of potential there."

Bodes well, but he's still a freshman who has practiced 3 days.

"Does he do everything right? No,” Johnson said. “He still drops snaps, he still makes freshman mistakes. But you can see that there’s a lot of potential there."

Bodes well, but he's still a freshman who has practiced 3 days.

So if he's come this far in three days, just imagine where he'll be when the season starts. He'll probably have won a couple Heismans by then.

Why couldn't he be a four year starter? He wouldn't be the first college quarterback to do so. If he's good enough, CPJ will know.

Why couldn't he be a four year starter? He wouldn't be the first college quarterback to do so. If he's good enough, CPJ will know.

Hell, he would not be the first Georgia Tech QB to be do...See Reggie Ball (with the exception of the game he was sick and the one he was suspended from)

I doubt it's possible for him to beat out Washington by the start of the season. But after all I've read about his talent and fit for our offense, if he picks it up as quickly as it looks like he might, he could well end up second string. If so, burn his redshirt and let's get him some game snaps this year. Then see what he does in the spring.

We'll see once he gets on the field. I remember when Taylor Bennett took the field after Reggie Ball and bombed a TD. Everybody said a new era was born, and then we got handed our own balls by Fresno State.

Looks like I may have to eat my words about Vad redshirting.....
Or PJ is trying to light a fire under SD and TW

This years schedule is perfect to break in a new QB. The first 2 are gimmies, the third is a should win and the 4th should be too with the UNC crap. Whether it's Vad, TW or Days, they will have roughly four games to get warmed up.

Looks like I may have to eat my words about Vad redshirting.....
Or PJ is trying to light a fire under SD and TW

From what we've heard about TW in the off-season, I don't think CPJ would need to light a fire there. Maybe he's trying to motivate the second string, but it doesn't seem like his style. It will be fun to hear what he has to say in a few weeks.

In year 4, it's time time for PJ to put a patina finish on the program and make it all his. Can't think of a better way to do that with the guy who is supposed to be the best raw talent he's ever had. If he's close enough to Tevin's level, then let him start. We got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

In year 4, it's time time for PJ to put a patina finish on the program and make it all his. Can't think of a better way to do that with the guy who is supposed to be the best raw talent he's ever had. If he's close enough to Tevin's level, then let him start. We got nothing to lose, and everything to gain.

I'm excited about Vad Lee too, but I think someone named Tracy Ham might just have something to say about him being the "best raw talent he's ever had." All that guy did was win a couple of national championships for Coach Johnson.

I'm excited about Vad Lee too, but I think someone named Tracy Ham might just have something to say about him being the "best raw talent he's ever had." All that guy did was win a couple of national championships for Coach Johnson.

FCS national championships*

I'm impressed that CPJ used "light years" in the proper distance context.

Back