Dave Glenn: ACC voting on Louisville on 7am conf call **

Absolutely. I wonder how many GT grads lost their jobs today because their employer didn't want to associate with any employee whose degree came from an institution that was loosely affiliated with Louisville.

Are you kidding me? I just fired four of them and then quit, purely out of shame.

That isn't even what our pres said directly, that's what Swofford said our pres said. Actually it's what Berman Roanoke said Swofford said our pres said.

Our pres could have been all "yeah sure fine acc whatever bye" glad handing his way off the conference call and Swofford is either stupid, playing it up to seem strong, or desperate to believe it, all of which I find just as plausible as anyone being emphatic about staying in the ACC which is losing national respect by the Planck time.

Louisville is the best option. We're talking about for sports, right?

I'm just disappointed we whiffed on WVU, which would have retained the Pitt rivalry and built new rivalries with VPI and UVA. Who doesn't love a good couch burning every now and again.

Shrug

ACC commissioner John Swofford does not anticipate any member schools leaving the conference. That includes Georgia Tech.

On a teleconference with media members to discuss the addition of Louisville to the league, Swofford was asked about the possibility of schools leaving the ACC, as has been rumored.

“I do not envision that at all,” Swofford said. “In fact, just the opposite, based on the conversations among our Council of Presidents over the last 10 days.”

Swofford was asked specifically about conversations with Georgia Tech president G.P. “Bud” Peterson. The school has been the subject of rumors that it could be headed for the Big Ten.

Said Swofford, “The nature of our conversations has been emphatic in terms of their commitment to the ACC and Georgia Tech’s future.”

http://blogs.ajc.com/georgia-tech-s...ted-to-acc/?cxntfid=blogs_georgia_tech_sports

Louisville is the best option. We're talking about for sports, right?

I'm just disappointed we whiffed on WVU, which would have retained the Pitt rivalry and built new rivalries with VPI and UVA. Who doesn't love a good couch burning every now and again.

Shrug

I would be ok with UL, Cincy, and WV coming to the ACC. Three new states and better football.

Back