Dems..Please confirm this....

I wouldn't be opposed to Neuhisel.

If we could bring him in and hire a strong OC while maintaining Jon Tenuta at DC, that could be a pretty good setup.

Then out of your 3..I sure hope it is the mystery man...

Whoever this mystery man is...
Because if we choose Mushamp im really disappointed as are many fans already that say no to a dog...Edsal I will be mildly disappointed, because I think we should not get a current DC if we don't give the job to Tenuta. But, at least Edsal would be a unifier instead of Muschamp who will divide our fanbase.

Re: Then out of your 3..I sure hope it is the mystery man...

Whoever this mystery man is...
Because if we choose Mushamp im really disappointed as are many fans already that say no to a dog...Edsal I will be mildly disappointed, because I think we should not get a current DC if we don't give the job to Tenuta. But, at least Edsal would be a unifier instead of Muschamp who will divide our fanbase...

Anyone who would have a problem with WM over his alma mater need to get over it. HE sure has!

Tier One
Edsall
Muschamp
Mystery

Tier Two
Hatcher
Tenuta

Tier Three
Strong

- still some interviews have to go on, so it could change some, as of right now thats it.
- Only one has formally interviewed out of that group, so there is time for some moving around in that order.

Disappointed that only one has interviewed, but according to the ajc, that one isnt hatcher, so maybe he can impress them: http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/gatech/stories/2007/11/28/techreport_1129.html

ok i went back through the thread and got a list of coach's mentioned "in passing"

Petrino
Cutcliffe
Haslet
Locksley
Graham
Wisenhunt
Cowher
Beamer
Neuheisel
Friedgen
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy
Gill
Mora

I don't know where/who a lot of these guys are, so which ones aren't minority, are offensive minded, and are east of the mississipi?

I wouldn't be opposed to Neuhisel.

If we could bring him in and hire a strong OC while maintaining Jon Tenuta at DC, that could be a pretty good setup.

Interesting pick. Word is that he has asked for the job. Did not think he would be a candidate. Kind of reminds me of when we hired Ross ... he appeared to have little baggage as well at the time.

He had done well wherever he went but seemed to leave something bad behind both times....
He is good in front of the camera, recruits well and coaches well. Proven commodity. Not a lot different than little Bowdon in my mind. Both would win here but you would always worry if there is something not quite right in Denmark.

wikipedia on him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Neuheisel

How the heck is Hatcher a 2nd tier candidate if we haven't even called him yet? Guess it culd be smoke and mirrors though.

I haven't seen Neuheisel shot down yet...hmmm?

I would take him in a heartbeat....

If, his backgound check came out ok as Dems said...

Only problem I see is, he is a former U.C.L.A. alum...
Could he be the next coach of U.C.L.A. ?

Interesting pick. Word is that he has asked for the job. Did not think he would be a candidate. Kind of reminds me of when we hired Ross ... he appeared to have little baggage as well at the time.

He had done well wherever he went but seemed to leave something bad behind both times....
He is good in front of the camera, recruits well and coaches well. Proven commodity. Not a lot different than little Bowdon in my mind. Both would win here but you would always worry if there is something not quite right in Denmark.

wikipedia on him

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Neuheisel

And he runs that exciting offense in Baltimore too...

Back