Dems..Please confirm this....

I will wait for the lie detector results.

Neuheisel's negative persona nationally is strong. He does nothing for me and wouldn't excite players either. He has no contacts in the SE.

Give me Tenuta over him. I guess it's Spurrier then since DRAD would never consider Neuheisel. He's too smart. Not sure why no minority; makes no sense.

ok i went back through the thread and got a list of coach's mentioned "in passing"

Petrino
Cutcliffe
Haslet
Locksley
Graham
Wisenhunt
Cowher
Beamer
Neuheisel
Friedgen
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy
Gill
Mora

I don't know where/who a lot of these guys are, so which ones aren't minority, are offensive minded, and are east of the mississipi?

Dem shut down a few from that list:

Petrino
Cutcliffe
Haslet
Mora

Graham and Wisenhunt are west of the Mississippi so they are out. The silence when it comes to Neuheisel is deafening, if he is hired I would sure like to go to those "off campus recruiting events", or was that just Garry Barnet?:laugher:

Did Neuheisel really get screwed at Washington as much as Wikipedia indicates? His entry makes it seem like he got a memo saying it was alright for coaches to be in NCAA tourney pools, innocently entered his name into his neighborhood pool and got fired for it.

I also see that Colorado had their games forfeited one season for using an ineligible player, but he was 10-2 twice and 8-4 his other three years. It doesn't seem like he screwed over their program or anything, unless there was something there I don't know about.

Dem shut down a few from that list:

Petrino
Cutcliffe
Haslet
Mora

Graham and Wisenhunt are west of the Mississippi so they are out. The silence when it comes to Neuheisel is deafening, if he is hired I would sure like to go to those "off campus recruiting events", or was that just Garry Barnet?:laugher:

So it appears we are down to this:

Locksley
Cowher
Beamer
Neuheisel - current mystery man frontrunner
Friedgen
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy
Gill

Can anyone else knock any of these guys off based on given criteria?

(East of miss, offensive minded, non-minority, possible "baggage")

Techiniteasy, what baggage would any of the other coaches you mentioned have to bring with them? I think that answers the question.

I haven't seen Neuheisel shot down yet...hmmm?

go to the front page of the board and you can see that dem isnt currently listed as an active user, so it wont be shot down, or have a chance of it at least, until he comes back :)

Apparently he won around 12k on this pool. But then again perhaps the dude is just a high-roller.

ok i went back through the thread and got a list of coach's mentioned "in passing"

Petrino
Cutcliffe
Haslet
Locksley
Graham
Wisenhunt
Cowher
Beamer
Neuheisel
Friedgen
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy
Gill
Mora

I don't know where/who a lot of these guys are, so which ones aren't minority, are offensive minded, and are east of the mississipi?

Let's adjust that for offensive coaches not shot down yet and Fridge:

Locksley
Neuheisel
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy

And Add:

Al Borges
Rick Stockstill

Neuheisel's negative persona nationally is strong. He does nothing for me and wouldn't excite players either. He has no contacts in the SE.

Give me Tenuta over him. I guess it's Spurrier then since DRAD would never consider Neuheisel. He's too smart. Not sure why no minority; makes no sense.

Never say never

Guys I just went to the hive for a second and I just want to say that stingtalk is by far and away the best source for GT gossip. They're still over there talking about Tech hiring Paul Johnson and UGAggers being afraid of him.

demjackets is like our own Dennis Dixon...without him this place would be the same as all the others.

So it appears we are down to this:

Locksley
Cowher
Beamer
Neuheisel - current mystery man frontrunner
Friedgen
Marrone
Holtz
Murphy
Gill

Can anyone else knock any of these guys off based on given criteria?

(East of miss, offensive minded, non-minority, possible "baggage")

Friedgen is carrying a little baggage... around the waist.

I am not sure about that. I think he would win alot of people over quickly and I think he would win here. He is definitely not Dan Henning. He is excellent in front of the mic. He represented the schools he coached at very well until the so called incident. I remember quite clearly that part of the issue was the AD did not like him and in many people's mind she took advantage of a minor issue. Part of what people think about was his persona he was the Spurrier of the west a "little" arrogant. Like I said before picking him would be very very similar to picking Ross. His offense is not real exciting in the pros but I think some of that is personnel. It sure was at both Colorado and UW.

Back